2021 Mediterranean Cruise.....

VitaminSea53

39 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I may have posted this on another thread but my CVP was trying to get me to book a September 4 2021  Mediterranean cruise out of Amsterdam but when he said final payment is due June 6th I declined. Why are they so anxious for you to book a sailing they know won't happen? 

Greed!  They keep advertising and pushing to get more money

• Like 2

For Europe - maybe 2022.  Too many ifs still in play to predict.

For us, even though we have FCCs for cruises that were cancelled after final payment was due - forcing us to cancel before final payment hence FCCs in deposit amounts, we will not be booking anything for a long time.   

There are still to many unknowns beyond just the pandemic and border closure.

No one knows at this time, what the cruise experience - onboard and in ports -will actually be when cruising starts again.  Why pay out money now for something unknown.

No one knows how cruise lines and countries will react in the future to a Covid outbreak onboard.  Will passengers be stuck on ship, stuck in cabins, etc.

Way too many unknowns to give more money to a cruise line.

When borders reopen and we can finally escape, it will be land trips we book, not a cruise for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I think it is safe to assume that ALL of us "really really" want to sail, even tomorrow morning...

Point taken....we ALL want to get away...but, just for us, this cruise date has "special" written on it.  There are many who have had to forgo celebrating those important dates in their lives due to this C19 virus and unfortunately some who haven't made it through.  We consider ourselves lucky so far ... but welcome the vaccine whenever it finds us in Canada.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Point taken....we ALL want to get away...but, just for us, this cruise date has "special" written on it.  There are many who have had to forgo celebrating those important dates in their lives due to this C19 virus and unfortunately some who haven't made it through.  We consider ourselves lucky so far ... but welcome the vaccine whenever it finds us in Canada.

My med cruise that I wanted to go on was also very special to me as it starts in Amsterdam September 4th and ends in Italy. I was planning on spending the last week of summer with my son and family then take the cruise which has a stop in Cartagena and see my cousin for the day its been 20 years. Life is passing me by but I am healthy and grateful for all I do have. Hoping for next year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have two Mediterranean cruises back to back this September one on Celebrity and the other on HAL.  I see them as 50/50 at this point. We lost 2 cruises last year and are still keeping our fingers crossed for this year.

Edited by terrydtx

17 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

So all of these opinions are telling me to forget my 'really really' want to sail cruise Nov. '21.😢

Yes, sadly. We are all with you though!! Feeling super pent-up and pandemic fatigued as we close in on a year of this prison. It sounds like they will have cruises for locals or same-country (maybe even within EU) but international travel still has a lot of hurdles to overcome (ESPECIALLY for Canada) and I have zero faith in my summer '22 trip at this point. I would honestly not put another cent into a cruise, if you have yet to make final payment.

Edited by sydbarrett
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I may have posted this on another thread but my CVP was trying to get me to book a September 4 2021  Mediterranean cruise out of Amsterdam but when he said final payment is due June 6th I declined. Why are they so anxious for you to book a sailing they know won't happen? 

They need the money.

1 minute ago, cruznjan said:

They need the money.

He said I could use the $125 canadian FCC as deposit so they would not actually get any money and if I cancelled prior to final payment it would return to FCC so I could not figure out the logic behind that except if the cruise goes ahead then they have my booking.

4 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

He said I could use the $125 canadian FCC as deposit so they would not actually get any money and if I cancelled prior to final payment it would return to FCC so I could not figure out the logic behind that except if the cruise goes ahead then they have my booking.

Maybe he gets to meet a performance target?

On 2/9/2021 at 6:52 PM, middlehaitch said:

All Connie summer/autumn 2021 Med cruises were cancelled in January 20201and an option to lift and shift ( not the classic but specific) within the same time frame on the Infinity was offered. 

At that time, and maybe even now, Celebrity were planning on a condensed (fewer ships) Med season. It is doubtful that any will sail.

Cheers, h.

I would have to agree !!

Well...

I'm still holding out hope...

We've got two booked for July...one on Apex, the other on Infinity...Neither has been cancelled.  

I get my second dose of Pfizer vaccine tomorrow...unfortunately, my wife is not yet in an eligible age group here in LA County...but, hopefully, she'll get it soon...and we would be good to go...

I'm hoping that the international medical consensus by then will be that it's okay to travel with little risk for those who are vaccinated.

I also think that the reason Celebrity is slow to cancel cruises is that they REALLY want to be able to cruise.  Not cruising is costing them money.  They would love to be operating again, even if the market is limited.  Countries like Canada have already restricted cruising for a longer time period...but many countries are also hurting from the lack of tourism...so may be quicker to want to allow cruise ships.  And any country currently restricting tourism MAY change course if medical experts say okay...though I might anticipate that some countries and cruise lines may require evidence of vaccination.

• Like 2