Princess website changes design for booking

Barry ATL

I have liked the design on booking process on the Princess site.  It was easy as it did not require going to page after page when comparing different option on a particular cruise.  At least for me, it changed today.  It now looks like almost every other cruise line site.  Lots of going back to previous pages to see different cabins and pricing options for a cruise.   *sigh*

I’m seeing basically the same procedure with some new graphics.

Unfortunately they continue to list obstructed view balcony cabins with interior cabins & not with balconies. And now those are even less noticeable than in the previous booking version. I know that’s where they’re located however it’s difficult to locate for less experienced people to find these cabins.

A41FB681-8158-43F0-BC72-6E205114AC11.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

15 minutes ago, oldlawmom said:

The website isn't working at all for me and hasn't for a month.  When I go to investigate a cruise, it just says it can't continue to the next step.  I don't know if Princess has blocked me or what.

I found that if I refresh the page it then will show the proper page. Hopefully its better now but obviously they were changing things again.

22 minutes ago, oldlawmom said:

The website isn't working at all for me and hasn't for a month.  When I go to investigate a cruise, it just says it can't continue to the next step.  I don't know if Princess has blocked me or what.

You may be using an older version of a particular browser that is no longer supported by the webpage.  That is a fairly common experience these days.

Also - have you cleared your cookies/cache lately?  That can also fix problems as the cookies/cache will store some webpage information for quicker loading

42 minutes ago, oldlawmom said:

Try a different browser. This has worked for me in the past when I was having difficulties getting fully into their site. 

32 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

For me it still looks the same it has for many months - some may be getting a 'beta" of the new format that they will monitor for awhile before pushing out to all users

I checked different browsers on my iPad: Safari & Edge have the new format; Chrome has the old format.

This shows the old format on Chrome for interior & obstructed view balconies which is much easier to view than the new format that I previously posted.

7ABDF63B-FC3E-4DD5-B5A7-230CED0BD2B2.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

What I was getting before is a drop down for the next choice for different rates and then another drop down for cabin choices.  I did not have to keep going to the next page.  This is what I am getting in Chrome and Edge.  I liked the drop down version better.  

image.thumb.png.ac61f9913d4d885965ed9a4c2082e243.png

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’m seeing basically the same procedure with some new graphics.

Unfortunately they continue to list obstructed view balcony cabins with interior cabins & not with balconies. And now those are even less noticeable than in the previous booking version. I know that’s where they’re located however it’s difficult to locate for less experienced people to find these cabins.

A41FB681-8158-43F0-BC72-6E205114AC11.jpeg

Some would say that is a good thing.

On 2/12/2021 at 2:10 PM, oldlawmom said:

Seems you need to clear out the cache memory on your computer.  That will get rid of all the cookies that are stored and most likely will reset your browser to allow you to go back to Princess website with no issues.

13 hours ago, oldlawmom said:

Thanks.  I tried a different browser and it worked fine.

Also note, sometimes a browser completes an address with address used previously and that address can link to an incorrect page. The extended portion is shown in Blue. If you press Delete the suggested extension is removed.