45 days prior to sailing

Now that RCG has changed the final payment date for those cruises affected by the Canadian ban to 45 days prior to the sailing, I believe the same should apply to all sailings until such time as Royal has been given the go ahead to resume revenue cruises for their fleet.

Too many of us have thousands of dollars tied up in deposits and full payments for cruises that we have no indication of their sailing other than the intended start-up date of the Line. 

Personally, if anyone is going to earn interest off of my money. I would like it to be me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Personally, if anyone is going to earn interest off of my money. I would like it to be me. 

Then, don't book any cruises. There's virtually no interest to be made on final payment funds, it's just a pool of money RCI can use to refund previous cancellations.

• Like 5

Interest?  My bank isn't paying interest. 

I suppose I could find an investment for my money that does pay some meager interest but I'm okay leaving a relatively low sum of funds with Royal if that helps them through this.  I cancelled a refundable booking last week and had the refund within single digit days just like pre-pandemic.  I'm whole financially with RCI so at the moment it's a risk I am okay with.

I do like the 45 day final payment change and think that should apply across the board.  If anything it would prolong the amount of time I leave me small sum of deposit money with them.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

I do like the 45 day final payment change and think that should apply across the board.  If anything it would prolong the amount of time I leave me small sum of deposit money with them.  

My comment regarding interest was a bit tongue in cheek. My main point is that the 45 days prior to sailing final payment date should be across the board.

• Like 2

Let's face it ...... Royal (and most of the other cruise companies) needs the final payment cash flows to pay for cruises canceled months earlier. As long as cruiser keep making final payments then those cruises that were canceled will have the funds to return to those that request refunds. 

• 2 weeks later...