Embarkation Day

Poppie55

So trying to stay positive that October Cruise will happen.

I do have two questions about Day #1.

first, does Oceania (Sirena) have their 4:00 pm tea on embarkation day

and two, is the Thassotherapy (?) pool open for use while still in dockage.

We always board early and like to get a start on the amenities.

Thank you!

😀

40 minutes ago, Guest said:

Thank you!

😀

Just a heads up that you need to be in Concierge or higher to have access to Spa Terrace where that hot tub is at. Otherwise you have to buy a pass.

3 hours ago, Guest said:

Thank you!

😀

One of the rumors might effect your ability to board early.  Cruise lines are considering timed boarding.  No clue if that comes true- or if they will be strict about it. (I suspect they would be stricter at first..) Of course all of this is just different rumors, but it was on the accidentally released Carnaval document that was removed from their website.  (I also suspect all cruise lines will follow the same set of rules)

Keep up the positive thinking-I miss traveling!

I don’t expect sailing from US ports anytime soon. In Europe, where they allowed sailings, one was not allowed into the terminal area, or even the port, until their assigned boarding times. The port authorities mandated assigned boarding times ensuring physical distancing and crowd management. One travel writer reported about people that showed up early were lined up on the streets, awaiting getting into the port. Likewise, I don’t believe early bag drop was allowed. The passengers had to pass all medical checks before they could even drop their bags. Those checks weren’t administered until ready for boarding.

I’m guessing the old days of showing up before one’s assigned boarding time are gone for the foreseeable future. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Guest said:

Yes was aware of that.

Thank you both for replies!

Guest, I invite you to pop onto the roll call for the TA and join in.  The pool on the spa terrace is a lovely spot, and quite sparsely attended if our experience on the Regatta TP was any indication. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I’m guessing the old days of showing up before one’s assigned boarding time are gone for the foreseeable future. 

Since we don't cruise out of US ports we're happy to have a long lunch and board late.

10 hours ago, clo said:

Since we don't cruise out of US ports we're happy to have a long lunch and board late.

As are we, but we’re the minority. I’ve heard stories of packed terminals, or tents, before 11:00 am. Most of those people didn’t fly in that day. I wonder how many bouts with standing on the street, in the sun and rain, it will take them to learn the new system? I vividly remember the couple leaving the Copenhagen Marriott at 9:00 for their 10 minute taxi ride to the ship. Said they had a 13:00 boarding time but was sure they’d get on soon after getting there. I love Copenhagen, been there multiple times, still find things to do.

Each to their own. We all do different things for entertainment.

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

As are we, but we’rYe the minority. I’ve heard stories of packed terminals, or tents, before 11:00 am. Most of those people didn’t fly in that day. I wonder how many bouts with standing on the street, in the sun and rain, it will take them to learn the new system? I vividly remember the couple leaving the Copenhagen Marriott at 9:00 for their 10 minute taxi ride to the ship. Said they had a 13:00 boarding time but was sure they’d get on soon after getting there. I love Copenhagen, been there multiple times, still find things to do.

Each to their own. We all do different things for entertainment.

Yeah. You'll have the ship every day so why deprive yourself of a final morning in a wonderful city - and Copenhagen IS wonderful.