Le Bistro NEW Menu

cruisekitty22

7 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Will this be the "new norm" in Le Bistro and other specialty restaurants on board?;

hazmat suit cartoon

I dont think it will be like that.  However, the tables will be spread far apart which really limits capacity.  Specialty restaurants are very difficult to get reservations in now that everyone has a meal package.  I was in the Haven and there were times even they could not get us reservations because of how sold out they were.  In Cagneys, they had about 10 tables outside the restaurant into the bar.  I just wonder how they will handle specialty dining because I assume they will be at 50% capacity.  This is why I am not cruising until everyone has the vaccine and we no longer have to social distance.  Probably not until mid 2022.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I dont think it will be like that.  However, the tables will be spread far apart which really limits capacity.  Specialty restaurants are very difficult to get reservations in now that everyone has a meal package.  I was in the Haven and there were times even they could not get us reservations because of how sold out they were.  In Cagneys, they had about 10 tables outside the restaurant into the bar.  I just wonder how they will handle specialty dining because I assume they will be at 50% capacity.  This is why I am not cruising until everyone has the vaccine and we no longer have to social distance.  Probably not until mid 2022.

Yeah, my posting of that cartoon was "tongue in cheek". But after what we've all been through dealing with this pandemic last year and into this year, I'm sure a lot of us are thinking that's where the world is heading.

I'm a bit more optimistic than you. I know there were some problems in rolling out the new vaccines, but those responsible are working out the problems and more & more vaccine shots are getting into arms each day. My 84 year old mom just got her 1st Moderna vaccine shot the other day (I didn't think it would be so soon).

Instead of mid 2022, I'm "hedging my bets" on late 2021. Fingers crossed🤞 as my first booked cruise is on PoA, Oct 23-30, 2021.

I am not a fan of mushroom soup (or, frankly, of soup in general), but Le Bistro's mushroom soup was amazing.  It was definitely a "must" for me on any NCL cruise.   Sadly, though, it was a shadow of its former self when we were on the Gem in January 2020 (our last cruise before the pandemic), and I thought Le Bistro overall was no longer the special dining experience it once was.   Who knows what things will even be like when NCL sails again.

11 hours ago, lepidoptera said:

Haggis can be very hard to obtain in America. If it is made with lungs the government doesn’t consider it fit for human consumption and won’t allow it to be imported or sold. People in my family may or may not drive across the border (when it was open) to buy it in Canada.  Since the whole fleet has the same menus, it would probably be a pain to work around it on ships based in the US especially since it probably wouldn’t be a super popular menu item. 

I would eat it if available, but I prefer black or white pudding. 

We tried Haggis on a Highland tour about 10 years ago should say I tried it my husband said no thanks. Me I'll just say I don't find it on the top of my travel for food list, not bad just not a favorite.

Now spam in Hawaii :), they find the oddest ways to incorporate this into foods. I like spam, rice & nori now.

Until our monthly airport fly-in breakfast had to be abandoned this past spring because of the virus, in addition to sausage, we served both fried Spam and fried baloney.  They were two favorite items, along with our excellent biscuits and gravy.   Goooood eating!  

All I know is that I miss Fruits de Mer and would LOVE a comeback. Seafood in a creamy sauce on top of puff pastry! It used to be an entree, then it was an entree with a slight upcharge, then it became an appetizer that you could ask to turn into a meal for an upcharge. It's one of my all time favorite NCL dishes, and I'm definitely worried that it's getting cut.

13 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Will this be the "new norm" in Le Bistro and other specialty restaurants on board?;

hazmat suit cartoon

We have gone out to dinner many times in many cities/resorts. It is very, very nice and relaxing without tables packed in tight. Keep up the social distancing and the excellent service!

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We have gone out to dinner many times in many cities/resorts. It is very, very nice and relaxing without tables packed in tight. Keep up the social distancing and the excellent service!

But won't reducing capacities in the specialty restaurants on a cruise ship with thousands of passengers create the likely scenario where many passengers will not be able to book reservations because those specialty restaurants are "all booked up"?

I agree though, less tables and tables spread out and excellent service (less customers to wait on) would make for a very, very nice and relaxing dining experience.

1 hour ago, farmersfight said:

But won't reducing capacities in the specialty restaurants on a cruise ship with thousands of passengers create the likely scenario where many passengers will not be able to book reservations because those specialty restaurants are "all booked up"?

I agree though, less tables and tables spread out and excellent service (less customers to wait on) would make for a very, very nice and relaxing dining experience.

Maybe they will begin opening up Specialties for lunch? I think that would be a great option to allow more people the chance to get reservations. 

• Like 2

On 2/16/2021 at 6:31 PM, casofilia said:

@hamrag

Fair enough; we will just have to agree to disagree.   

What about fried mushrooms in a mixed grill?  To me a fry-up without mushrooms and black pudding is only half a meal!!!

Or stuffed Portobellos?

Did you say ‘breakfast’? Hopefully that’s tea in the cup! Cheers...CV...FF2E4BC8-018F-4AE0-BA9D-CCA25DCBBFCB.thumb.png.87e07ce94231c5da972123d7f6f7273c.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, casofilia said:

@Crown Vic

Forget the tomatoes and only half the baked beans and then that IS a breakfast especially without the toast (on a carbs diet!!).

Casofilia, we’ve sailed together before and, no doubt, both enjoyed similar breakfasts on board. Gotta tell ya that my favourite, available on NCL before the current shut down, is Scottish kippers. Boy oh boy! Gaining weigh just reading these posts. Cheers...CV...2ADC9CA1-4ACA-4887-86AB-4802FCDCB8FA.thumb.jpeg.8a645b4fe7a136840dbc7a52860d209d.jpeg