Same Ship. Same Ports, "Same Dates" in 22 and 23. Prices?

casofilia

Really interesting that the Balcony cabins seem to be the inflection point. They're pretty much the same price for each year.  Below that, cheaper sooner, after that, cheaper later.

Leads me to believe that maybe people have been putting their FCCs into combining trips and getting nicer cabins (driving those prices up).

Although if somebody else with more experience has thoughts, I'd be very interested to hear them.

Edited by Named-Tawny

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I am surprised that anyone would expect same price after a year of being shut down. (1) there are losses to start to recover and (2) there is pent up demand that would drive up cost (basic supply and demand) 

Agree, I never understood people thinking prices should stay static, or even come down.  

• Like 1

@BirdTravels  @PTCDAWG

My post had nothing to do with the expectation of having the same price in two contiguous years.   I was pointing out that there were "illogical" changes within all the cabin levels.

Look at the prices and explain why the Inside has INCREASED by about 33% but the Haven has DECREASED by over 25%.   The Balcony however is UNCHANGED.

5 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@BirdTravels  @PTCDAWG

My post had nothing to do with the expectation of having the same price in two contiguous years.   I was pointing out that there were "illogical" changes within all the cabin levels.

Look at the prices and explain why the Inside has INCREASED by about 33% but the Haven has DECREASED by over 25%.   The Balcony however is UNCHANGED.

Anticipated supply and demand?  

5 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@BirdTravels  @PTCDAWG

First, just because you, I, or anyone else on here doesn't understand the pricing structure does not make it "illogical", it just means that we don't have all of the necessary information behind the pricing decision(s).

Second, insides could have increased due to a rise in demand for inside cabins, Haven could have deacreased due to a drop in demand for Haven cabins, and balcony cabins could be the same because there is no change in demand. That is simply the law of supply and demand...perfectly logical.

• Like 1

One can only guess - speculate what the BIG PICTURE is or will be until the curtain is pulled.

Fares cruises schedules all are in a covid flux.

When cruising resumes expect prime full high fares - the demand from the captive

quarantined guests overwhelmingly wanting some respite from the involuntary hiatus.

YES there maybe some loss leading (low fares) sales to keep the ships as full as can be.

Upgrades in your dreams - probably not going to happen. But as noted above guessing

and speculating is still anyone's game.

Having some time saving travel funds for over a year now I would expect some competition

for any class of cabin - and if there is a restriction on the capacity of the ship to accommodate

distance spacing the competition demand will be even more !

Now off to fight Windmills with my companion Sancho Panza

/s/ Don Quixote 

What ever will be will be Que Sera Sera