New Ship Name Revealed tomorrow 18/2/21

cruisefan2012

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm sure she will be called Arriva by everybody!

That is what I first saw when I watched the video, then realised my error, however I think Ariva might will have been a better name, and it would not surprise me if Arvia Technology, a water treatment company seek to prevent it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

What a truly awful name.  Sounds like they missed the H off!!!!

Careful now Jean. With an 'h' it would be dangerously close to my surname and those who know me from the forum will also know I wouldn't wish such an ugly brute to sound like me...😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it will grow on people. They have a marketing team who will have spent months doing analysis on the name and any connotations. 

Did anyone else notice the lack of a sky dome in the video? Looks like it might be a retractable roof?

Just now, Glitterati said:

I think it will grow on people. They have a marketing team who will have spent months doing analysis on the name and any connotations. 

Did anyone else notice the lack of a sky dome in the video? Looks like it might be a retractable roof?

Yes, I thought that too. 

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Its just a name, easy to remember as well, try pronouncing some of the MSC ships names.

Definitely better than Costa Smerelda!!!!!

16 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

What a truly awful name.  Sounds like they missed the H off!!!!

Perhaps it was named by Paul Ludlow? He seems unable to sound certain letters 😉 

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

it would not surprise me if Arvia Technology, a water treatment company seek to prevent it.

Doubt it. They would have to pay a fortune for free advertising like that. Brand awareness is never a bad thing, although Titanic PLC were quite happy until a certain event happened 😂  

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

If they did do some analysis, they surely would have noticed the name of the Water Treatment Company?

I’m sure they didn’t miss that. The name would have had to go through legal and to the top for approval. 

To a degree, I think it fits with what I said in post #86. It is short & punchy and will probably appeal to new cruisers in the younger age demographic they are trying to attract. You only have to look at some of the modern names given to babies these days... it seems anything goes. Us seasoned cruisers have expectation around these things - new cruisers don't. Look at the newer Celebrity ships...

12 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

If they did do some analysis, they surely would have noticed the name of the Water Treatment Company?

Surely they at least Googled it, if they had they would  have seen the Water Co as the first hit !

Edited by bee-ess

Just now, Selbourne said:

Perhaps it was named by Paul Ludlow? He seems unable to sound certain letters 😉 

Doubt it. They would have to pay a fortune for free advertising like that. Brand awareness is never a bad thing, although Titanic PLC were quite happy until a certain event happened 😂  

We have a small brewery called Titanic a couple of miles away. Beers named after elements of Titanic (including Iceberg). Doesn’t seem to have done them any harm and their beer is great.

• Like 2