New Ship Name Revealed tomorrow 18/2/21

cruisefan2012

6 minutes ago, tring said:

My emails are not co operating today but looked at the P&O website and cannot see anything.  Can anyone provide a link please?

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-ships/new-ship?utm_medium=email&utm_source=EPO2120&utm_term=PO-422726&utm_content=header_cta_landingpage&utm_campaign=engagement#video

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Thanks that worked nicely.  As already mentioned the couple are clearly forming the letter A, must be something in that.  Probably the first letter, which means molecrochip's mention of Oceana being the favorite would not be likely.  Just googled sun gods and got loads but do not see anything likely.  I will find out tomorrow.

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

What's a sunship - not heard that expression before.

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Ship designed purely for sun destinations, so not the Baltic, Iceland etc.

Probably means it will have open decks and maybe water slides, rather than a Sky Dome.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Back in the 70,s if you were naughty my company sent you to work in the middle East. Folks go there on holiday now. No idea why.

Naughty people where I worked were sent to Nigeria.  No I didn't get sent there 😀😀

• Haha 2

Sunnia 😉😂. From a corporate point of view, personally I would prefer P&O not to base her in Dubai for the reasons in several earlier posts and their general disregard for human rights. On a purely personal level, it doesn't matter to me where they place her as she's not going to be to my taste.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, joeecco said:

I reckon the name might be Isla... similar to Iona in being a Scottish island and apparently means ‘bright as sun’... it also means Island in Spanish so if it’s heading to the Caribbean then that may work for them.. 

I reckon the name with be Skye as in Isle of Skye to compliment the Iona name. 

Your best ship name was Adonia. I really loved that name. I saw it sailing out of Lisbon once.

9 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

How about Olympia   though there is a celestyal olympia?

The copper double measure rum jigger   shown in clear focus

in the clip comes up in a search for olympia rum jigger but may be a

trade name.  

Yes or Andromeda. You do know there is the Carnival Fantasy and Magic and Disney Fantasy and Magic. It is not like a line would sue for taking the name of the ship.

33 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I reckon the name with be Skye as in Isle of Skye to compliment the Iona name. 

Your best ship name was Adonia. I really loved that name. I saw it sailing out of Lisbon once.

Your? I wish it was my ship, I’d love to own one hahaha! 

I don’t think P&O will sway from ending the name in A with a sister ship. 

• Like 2

Interesting to see that well known cruise destination, Sandbanks,  shown in the video!

And, naming a ship Aruba, is a good way of upsetting every other other island in the Caribbean.  Sheer diplomatic nincompoopery! 

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Interesting to see that well known cruise destination, Sandbanks,  shown in the video!

And, naming a ship Aruba, is a good way of upsetting every other other island in the Caribbean.  Sheer diplomatic nincompoopery! 

I still think a Scottish / Celtic connection for Iona’s sister, possibly starting and finishing with an ‘A’. I can’t think of anything although Alba is an old name for Scotland.

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I still think a Scottish / Celtic connection for Iona’s sister, possibly starting and finishing with an ‘A’. I can’t think of anything although Alba is an old name for Scotland.

There is Isla which is derived from Islay which is a Scottish Island,It means dynamic, vibrant and bright as the sun. I wonder if Molecrochip may be correct with his guess of Oceana which for potential cruisers is a name that they can associate with cruising (as in Ocean) and for past cruisers may appeal as a name of a former ship, even if they don;t choose to sail on her.

24 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Its just a bit of fun and no different than upsetting anywhere else. Love it....nincompoopery!!

12 minutes ago, ann141 said:

There is Isla which is derived from Islay which is a Scottish Island,It means dynamic, vibrant and bright as the sun. I wonder if Molecrochip may be correct with his guess of Oceana which for potential cruisers is a name that they can associate with cruising (as in Ocean) and for past cruisers may appeal as a name of a former ship, even if they don;t choose to sail on her.

Isla was my first attempt from this morning. 

55 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You don't think that naming Iona might have upset countless other Scottish, or even English, Welsh or Irish, islanders?