FCC for April 2021 received in very timely - relieved

cellfree

Just received FCC for our April 2021 cancellation. All looks good. It appears that now MSC is giving 125% on the total of the cruise price paid, including taxes. In the past, at least with our 2020 cancellations, MSC refunded the taxes to the credit card that was on file and the 125% was paid on the crusie fare. This is a much simpler process. Plus we got 125% on the total amount. Did the math, seems that is what they did. Now my new search can begin. Oh yes, have two May 1, 2021 cruises booked, expect that cancellation any time now, so sad!

• Like 1

That's good news. I'm still waiting (March '21) but I was doing the 125% math based just on cruise fare. If I (eventually) get 125% of everything, even better.

I also have another 2021 cruise and two 2022 cruises booked. I'll just throw the FCC back at them for 1 or 2 of those.

Now, if they let me book something (cash or FCC) on World Europa....😉

Did you get an email with the FCC or did you have to log in to your account to see it? 

I posted in the other April thread that I got "new" confirmations the other day.  The one for the 7-night leg that was fully paid showed a credit of $150, which would be the taxes and fees.  The one for the 4-night leg was unchanged, since I hadn't made final payment on that one (it was due yesterday).

Price for nearly the same sailings in early December are much higher - like only $50 less for a Bella inside compared to the Fantastica balcony I had booked.  Balcony probably out of my price range now.  Not happy about that at all.

Well this is interesting - sorry to confuse everyone - I rechecked my FCC and the Reservation # and it appears to be a FCC from a February cruise which I have actually already used on an August cruise. I do NOT have my FCC from April 2021 cruise. (When the email came through with the FCC yesterday, I assumed it was from the April cancellation as I had already used the FCC from February cruise. And I never thought to check the Reservation #. But at the time I did run the numbers and it was 125% of what I paid for April cruise so thought, "oh great!") Again, sorry. But thank you to all who asked follow-up questions and got me thinking.

1 hour ago, Luke104 said:

I received my E-mail this morning for 3 cancelled cruises. Each was 125% of the BASE fare, (minus taxes). 

It looks that way for me, too. It was what I was expecting originally so I can't be disappointed. 

There currently seems to be a minor problem (in my case) of applying the FCC to an already booked cruise. When the rep pulled up my cruise to apply the FCC, he tried to apply it to the current price and not the price on my confirmation. Guess which price is higher. 🤨

We can both see the original price, the taxes, the Voyagers discount, etc. but his system won't allow him to get the correct price. (save ALL of your conformation PDFs)

On the phone for an hour trying to get it sorted. 

Now, I am booked in 2 staterooms at the same time. My FCC is applied to the correct stateroom but at the wrong price. My old/cancelled conformation number (Seaside) is now my new conformation number for Meraviglia. My original conformation number for Meraviglia is the correct price but the wrong stateroom and no FCC.

Move the FCC to the correct price? It isn't happening.

Move the correct price to the correct stateroom? It isn't happening.

What should have been simple (apply the FCC from one cruise to another) has turned into a mess. 

91 minutes and counting....

After 1 hour and 50 minutes, I have to email MSC with the 2 conformation PDFs, explain the situation, give them up to 10 business days, and hope that everything is corrected. 

To recap...

I had a cruise on Seaside in March. It was cancelled. I was given FCC for that cruise.

I have a cruise booked on Meraviglia in June that I booked over a year ago. 

I wanted to apply the FCC to the Meraviglia cruise. 

That's all.

MSC took the FCC and booked a new cruise on Meraviglia in the wrong room and the new cruise has a higher price. MSC used the same booking number from the Seaside cruise for the new Meraviglia cruise. I'm now booked in 2 staterooms for the same cruise. All that I want is the FCC applied to the correct stateroom at the correct price. I don't want anything reduced. I don't want any special discount. I just want what I already had at the price I had already booked. 

The same thing happened to me (except I booked though a TA ).

My TA e-mailed the appropriate people referring them to the price and perks of my original reservation and the inability of the system to apply my FCC to that original booking... but it took a lot longer than 10 days to resolve it (more like a month and half).  That said, it was resolved perfectly.

Be tenacious and patient... hopefully yours will be corrrected soon!

1 hour ago, lgdesign said:

Be tenacious and patient... hopefully yours will be corrrected soon!

Thanks.

1 hour ago, lgdesign said:

but it took a lot longer than 10 days to resolve it (more like a month and half).

...and my final payment date is in less than a month and a half. 🤪

Yikes.  Their IT really is a mess, isn't it?

We'll see just how long it takes that $150 refund to actually hit my credit card.  One would think that they wouldn't send the confirmation showing it until it was being processed, but, hey, you know?

This is probably why I ended up booking my April B2B myself.  My TA didn't want to deal with MSC's customer service.  At (what was then) rock-bottom fares, her commission wouldn't be enough to make it worth her while.

A lot of TA's won't bother with them anymore but we've had pretty good luck compared to most people... and I think my TA has gotten used to them and their various dysfunctions.  Plus I book cruises with other lines through her, so maybe that makes it worth it to her.

23 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It looks that way for me, too. It was what I was expecting originally so I can't be disappointed. 

There currently seems to be a minor problem (in my case) of applying the FCC to an already booked cruise. When the rep pulled up my cruise to apply the FCC, he tried to apply it to the current price and not the price on my confirmation. Guess which price is higher. 🤨

We can both see the original price, the taxes, the Voyagers discount, etc. but his system won't allow him to get the correct price. (save ALL of your conformation PDFs)

Now, I am booked in 2 staterooms at the same time. My FCC is applied to the correct stateroom but at the wrong price. My old/cancelled conformation number (Seaside) is now my new conformation number for Meraviglia. My original conformation number for Meraviglia is the correct price but the wrong stateroom and no FCC.

What should have been simple (apply the FCC from one cruise to another) has turned into a mess. 

After 1 hour and 50 minutes, I have to email MSC with the 2 conformation PDFs, explain the situation, give them up to 10 business days, and hope that everything is corrected. 

To recap...

I had a cruise on Seaside in March. It was cancelled. I was given FCC for that cruise.

That's all.

MSC took the FCC and booked a new cruise on Meraviglia in the wrong room and the new cruise has a higher price. MSC used the same booking number from the Seaside cruise for the new Meraviglia cruise. I'm now booked in 2 staterooms for the same cruise. All that I want is the FCC applied to the correct stateroom at the correct price. I don't want anything reduced. I don't want any special discount. I just want what I already had at the price I had already booked. 

Just to share, I had an awful experience in the past with a booking that bas been cancelled and rebooked by covid 5 times. What I found is, trying to apply the FCC to an already booked voyage is impossible. Its how their computet system handles it. Its saved as a dummy date cruise in 2029 or somethinh with value on it using same booking number. If you book a new cruise on it, its just like a cruise move and its a no brainer, if they try and apply that to an already booked voyage they have to recreate the booking details like special fares that may not exist today, and the computer wont do it. NCL for example stores the FCC like a cruise next voicher so you can apply it to anything literally and its easy, the way this computer system handles it is a nightmare for anything but a new booking. It took me months, hours (over 6) on the phone and some direct emails to ppl in high places JUST TO GET A HEALTHCARE WORKWR DISCOUNT REAPPLIED!! It’s so frustrating and I feel your pain. Hang in there but advice, at some point they will probably beat you into submission and you will have to create a new booking, I really hope not but thats been my experience. Best of luck!

23 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

To recap...

That's all.

This June on Mera?

11 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

What I found is, trying to apply the FCC to an already booked voyage is impossible.

With SO MANY people having FCC from cancelled cruises, you would think that the "applying FCC..." problem would be a high priority. 

14 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

Its saved as a dummy date cruise in 2029 or somethinh with value on it using same booking number.

There's obviously some form of time travel involved. My cancellation date (no penalty) went from March 2021 to Sept. 2018 on the same confirmation. 

Just now, dexddd said:

This June on Mera?

Yes. 

It might not even sail but I like to have everything taken care of in preparation of sailing. I want my end to be completed and just wait to see what happens. If I get stuck with the FCC again, I'll use it towards a new booking. The problem is that I book so far in advance. I already have 2 cruises booked for 2022 and I won't try to apply any FCC to those cruises after this experience. 

Also bit of advice from previous experience: If you wait to have MSC cancel your cruise for the 125%, as I have more than a few times, just know if your plan is to turn it around and apply it to something in the near future, just expect it to take 30-60 days to get the FCC. Where Royal and NCL turn the FCC credits in hours, it is measured in months historically for MSC. I made that bad assumption last year. 

Heres the ironic part. I’ve booked probably three more bookings than I normally would have in this far advance because of the FCC logisticss and problems with applying it to current bookings. I mean for example, current as in the price as booked say from a year ago is say 2000$ with OBC, they say sure you can apply it, we just have to cancel it and rebook you on it and oh by the way, the cost is now 4000$ and no OBC (this is an example). The fine print doesnt say you can directly apply it to a booking made in the past without rebooking the voyage with today’s promotions and pricing. Thats the big pothole nobody sees coming. 

21 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

With SO MANY people having FCC from cancelled cruises, you would think that the "applying FCC..." problem would be a high priority. 

There's obviously some form of time travel involved. My cancellation date (no penalty) went from March 2021 to Sept. 2018 on the same confirmation. 

Yes. 

It might not even sail but I like to have everything taken care of in preparation of sailing. I want my end to be completed and just wait to see what happens. If I get stuck with the FCC again, I'll use it towards a new booking. The problem is that I book so far in advance. I already have 2 cruises booked for 2022 and I won't try to apply any FCC to those cruises after this experience. 

We have three YC b2b including a RS on Mera in June booked long ago.  Iirc final is March 5.  MSC not giving option to move so likely a cancel.

UPDATE

First, I'd like to apologize to the OP for hijacking the thread.

Second, thanks to those who responded with their similar issues. It was helpful to know that others went through the same thing and that issues were resolved. 

Third, I know that people are quick to post a complaint but in fairness, I post both the good and the bad.

As of right now,....

1) I am booked in the correct stateroom.

2) The FCC is applied to the correct stateroom.

3) The incorrect stateroom is cancelled (I checked and anyone can book it now).

4) The correct stateroom is the correct price (actually, it's $331 less than before).

5) The deposit that was applied to the incorrect stateroom will be returned to me in the original form of payment. This isn't a surprise as I have tried to get deposits moved before but MSC will only refund the deposit, not move it. 

I'm not sure if we can thank MSC staff by name but thank you to the MSC employee that has been emailing me and keeping me updated. At this point, everything is great. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

UPDATE

First, I'd like to apologize to the OP for hijacking the thread

I'm not sure if we can thank MSC staff by name but thank you to the MSC employee that has been emailing me and keeping me updated. At this point, everything is great. 

Oh goodness, no need to apologize.

1) I was so anxious to express my delight at having received our FCC in such a timely manner that I didn't even "title" my post properly - should have read "...in very timely manner..."

2) Then I was embarrassed to realize I had not read the email closely enough and it was for our February cancelled cruise. (Now to defend my initial delight and why I assumed it was for our April cruise - I had already used the FCC that the email turned out to be referencing a couple weeks earlier so never imagined I was receiving notice of that particular cancellation/FCC.)

3) Still waiting for our April 2021 cancelled cruise FCC, it will show eventually.

I have also had very good communicaiton with MSC Agents, am still a fan, and waiting to get on a ship! First vaccine dose tomorrow, yeah!

• Like 2

I called MSC this morning and a person who actually works for a travel agency took care of me. I called the MSC number, so I guess MSC is also outsourcing with travel agencies. She had my March 2021 FCC so I was able to book the Seashore in December.  

Edited by Linda the Book Lover
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 1:20 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

5) The deposit that was applied to the incorrect stateroom will be returned to me in the original form of payment. This isn't a surprise as I have tried to get deposits moved before but MSC will only refund the deposit, not move it. 

Deposit, taxes, fees returned in 21 days. 

• Like 2