Quantum Of the Seas 22nd March 2021 Semi-Live Report

Ethanol95

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We did this our first time at Wonderland, when we went the following year they were not allowing it.

We did order all our desserts ala carte. He gave us 1 of everything to try! And with him waiting on us i'm sure we could ask for more servings! My grandparents couldn't eat the raw tuna, and so he gladly changed it to wonton soup for them whcih they enjoyed much better!

• Like 1

Good Morning! It's day 2 and we are out sailing in the South China Sea now! The sun is extremely glaring today and hot!

20210323_081828.thumb.jpg.d2c0065a05d6fe2c917c02aa0c042382.jpg

20210323_081838.thumb.jpg.e6a5772775f629944b2b96a81c06b624.jpg

Decided to have breakfast at Windjammer's. Couple of things to note, the breakfast spread is quite limited. My grandfather tried to find a salad dish and there was none. Can you believe that? Here's what i had for breakfast.

20210323_085642.thumb.jpg.55caf35435010f50de4c8f027367690d.jpg

Oh yes! And those who are interested i manage to pick up a copy of the daily cruise compass. 

20210323_091630.thumb.jpg.7267f2b1ab7488d379d8be7742377bad.jpg

20210323_091643.thumb.jpg.4aef7d5948c1c3ef10485b84e6160507.jpg

20210323_091650.thumb.jpg.0792471c497c29f5f1227feee79e56b0.jpg

20210323_091700.thumb.jpg.c8f83ab8bb702df9f7f62a29edd803fa.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sail n Snow said:

Gotcha. So the following was probably the diamond lounge. 

On our Dec 2020 nowhere cruise this whole section was blocked off (see red lines). Now what was called the VIP casiono is upstairs music hall and the Golden room is the VIP casiono at least from older cruise maps.  I walked into the GR asked about it. and on this cruise it’s booked for a VIP customer. 

Yes, that was previously the Diamond Lounge.  Good grief, must have been some VIP!!!  Thanks for the detailed response.

37 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Are those eggs? They look like styrofoam or something.

Any word on the crown and anchor free drinks situation?

Maybe you could ask the loyalty ambassador for us .

Diamonds get 4 free drinks per day on their card while diamond plus gets 5. This can be used anytime of the day for any drinks below 12 USD

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, direptor said:

Diamonds get 4 free drinks per day on their card while diamond plus gets 5. This can be used anytime of the day for any drinks below 12 USD

Are they just the usual C&A drinks?

Someone said it was anything up to the $12 dollar mark.

Can you get the drink of the day or something off the diamond menu?

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Are they just the usual C&A drinks?

Someone said it was anything up to the $12 dollar mark.

Can you get the drink of the day or something off the diamond menu?

Any drink from the menu that is below 12 USD. You can also try to ask for drinks outside the menu.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Do all Compasses list only Boogie Boarding for the Flowrider? No Stand up?

AFAIK, there is no stand up surfing at the moment as that requires more guidance and for the staff to hold on to the person to guide them. Due to covid, all physical contact is avoided so they do not allow stand up surfing unless you are a surfer and brought your own board.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, direptor said:

Any drink from the menu that is below 12 USD. You can also try to ask for drinks outside the menu.

There is a daily drink special for $8.  Today is vodka, sprite and lime cooler.  On the trip planner at 10-12 daily is also an early bird drink special at the pool bars

30 minutes ago, direptor said:

AFAIK, there is no stand up surfing at the moment as that requires more guidance and for the staff to hold on to the person to guide them. Due to covid, all physical contact is avoided so they do not allow stand up surfing unless you are a surfer and brought your own board.

They are not advertising it but it’s at 5:30 pm and you’ve had to have done it before (advanced only, no help). Basically the reasons above. 

Edited by Sail n Snow

1 hour ago, Sail n Snow said:

They are not advertising it but it’s at 5:30 pm and you’ve had to have done it before (advanced only, no help). 

And not allowed at all during boogie boarding session, even if advanced?

21 hours ago, Biker19 said:

There's an objective way to determine this - do a speed test at different times of the day. For Stream, the download speed should be in the 4Mbps range and the ping about 200ms. Anything much worse than that (>50%), one could call slow.

Maybe they had an issue yesterday. 

here’s a random sampling using Speedtest 

Day / Time

Down

Up

23rd 2130

24th 0745

24th 1110

24th 1250

24th 1420

24th 1520

24th 1730

8 minutes ago, Sail n Snow said:

Maybe they had an issue yesterday. 

here’s a random sampling using Speedtest 

Day / Time

Down

Up

23rd 2130

24th 0745

24th 1110

24th 1250

24th 1420

24th 1520

24th 1730

While the speed is important, just as much is the ping time - that's the big diff between O3B equipped ships and those without for end user performance. For many apps or browsing, ping is even more important than speed. For pic uploads, speed is the main factor.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

While the speed is important, just as much is the ping time - that's the big diff between O3B equipped ships and those without for end user performance. For many apps or browsing, ping is even more important than speed. For pic uploads, speed is the main factor.

Ping was constantly around 175-180ms

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Do all Compasses list only Boogie Boarding for the Flowrider? No Stand up?

Just spoke to an instructor, boogie boarding is what they are offering mostly. Unless someone is advanced enough to push off from the sides and get in the middle themselves, only then do they allow stand up surfing. 

1 minute ago, Ethanol95 said:

Unless someone is advanced enough to push off from the sides and get in the middle themselves, only then do they allow stand up surfing. 

For all RCI ships with a Flowrider, advanced=being able to ride without help. 

Biker, who may consider going on an early cruise just because of this Flowrider policy.

7 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Are those eggs? They look like styrofoam or something.

Any word on the crown and anchor free drinks situation?

Maybe you could ask the loyalty ambassador for us .

This is what I could find out. There is no diamond lounge or temporary diamond lounge as it is not safe to allow so many different parties to congregate. In replacement there is this in place for D and D+ members. There is nothing for departure except some things given to you in your room on embarkation day.

16164967481361900750695529848384.jpg

16164967690468625856542099942034.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Decided to have breakfast at Windjammer's. Couple of things to note, the breakfast spread is quite limited. My grandfather tried to find a salad dish and there was none. Can you believe that? Here's what i had for breakfast.

20210323_085642.thumb.jpg.55caf35435010f50de4c8f027367690d.jpg

Hopefully, that tasted better than it looks.

After breakfast, we attended two Trivia activities. The first was guessing country flags and the second was guessing that Michael Jackson song. The crowd was rather bad for the first, but the energy and turn out was much better for the second. 

Lunch was at 12pm at Jamies Italian. It was overall a good-great experience. Our waitress Mihaela from Romania was almost as good as Raj last night at Wonderland. The cold cut plank and appetisers were very good! The pastas, not so impressive but still okay. And the dessert was good. 

Once lunch finished we took a rest in the cabin before going to the seaplex for table tennis. Reservation slots for table tennis were 20 minutes each. The receptionist was kind enough to give us B2B sessions (which actually flew by quite fast by the time we were done setting up and getting into things). There were 4 table tennis tables so getting a slot wasn't too hard. 

Table Tennis finished around 4 which was when i wanted to go to the gym. I had forgot to make a reservation and so arriving at the reception of the fitness center, they tried to accommodate me which was nice. They gave me a blue party band to strap on. Apparently the gym was filling up in the next hour or 2. This band was used so that if they needed to make room for new guests with reservations, they would be able to do so comfortably without inconveniencing certain guests too much. 

Dinner was at Chops Grille which was again, good. And this was followed by Star Water show at 270.

I'll post the pictures tmr when I'm less tired. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, linz98144 said:

Do you have any updates/ details on what is different in regards to Covid? Do you have to wear a mask everywhere? Sign up for all activities? Limited seating? Etc..

Mask are required everywhere except in your stateroom, during dining or while engaging in water related activities. However, you will still need to keep your mask on while queuing for flowrider, pool etc. There is also a need to tap your seapass card everywhere you go and have your temperature taken as well.

Most activities requires a sign up and slots can disappear quite quickly if not booked by the first day.

Capacity at all venues are limited due to social distancing measures. For eg the theatre can only take a maximum of about 250 guest.

• Like 1