Quantum Of the Seas 22nd March 2021 Semi-Live Report

Ethanol95

24 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Yeah kinda got me when it said March 22 - April 5th. Have you been checking UDP prices for a while now? Should i get it now? The app is super buggy recently. Can't even see my sailing anymore. Just stuck on the Terms Of Use screen. 

If you see I would purchase now and check in from time to time on price.  You can always get a price reduction from my understanding if it goes down. 

5 hours ago, Sail n Snow said:

In December we booked once onboard, it was 40 usd per pax. 

I don’t recall the price of the North Star. 

I’m also on this sailing, so on  a side note I’ve been monitoring the following; the deluxe drink package was 54 sgd but went up to 73 sgd.  

The unlimited dining plan was 101sgd and is now 111 sgd. 

When we went on the Quantum, which originally sailed from cape liberty NJ, the North Star was free as was the zero gravity feature.  Guess now money makers.  The North star was a waste with , at that time a very long line- I was too afraid to try the zero gravity feature- you had to wear a special suit- which I assume is hard to disinfect between passengers.  Teens probably would enjoy.

17 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

When we went on the Quantum, which originally sailed from cape liberty NJ, the North Star was free as was the zero gravity feature.  Guess now money makers.  The North star was a waste with , at that time a very long line- I was too afraid to try the zero gravity feature- you had to wear a special suit- which I assume is hard to disinfect between passengers.  Teens probably would enjoy.

I went on Quantum out of Singapore in 2019 and zero gravity was not an option.  From my under no one went on North Star out of Asia when it was free, but charge for it and there was a line. 

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

When we went on the Quantum, which originally sailed from cape liberty NJ, the North Star was free as was the zero gravity feature.  Guess now money makers

Having Northstar and Ripcord rides free out of the US, while charging for them on short Asian sailings has been the norm for a number of years. I don't see that changing. 

49 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

@Sail n Snow You went before, is the swab test deep in the nostrils? I have just been given conflicting information and need to double check. 

U will need to take the PCR test which will go deep before you can board. When u disembark, you will do the antigen test which doesn't go as deep.

10 hours ago, ChC said:

It is not about money, it is about revenue and passenger preference.

There are two takes, one is when the North Star and other facilities were free on Asian sailing, the queue was so huge it was around the open deck several times. It was too popular. Thus some measure needed to control the queue.

Second was the Asian sailing is very bad for alcoholic beverages sales. Asians do not go to bars like Westerners do. Thus RCCL missing a lot of revenue and profit from beverage sales. 

So combined above two together you get the solution: charge for something popular to mark up the revenue while reducing the crowd. Perfect. Frequent guests to RCCL can still enjoy North Star for free in nonAsian sailings, courtesy of all the drinkers.

The sailing from Asia were short sailings.  Not enough time to allow everyone to do it for free...especially when people reserved and then didn’t show up.  Easy solution...charge for it and there were enough people willing to pay that they kept charging for it. 

Thanks for the upcoming live report.  I'll be following.  Haven't been on Quantum since she was in Cape Liberty some years ago but have sailed Anthem several times and also Ovation.  I'm booked on Quantum for the Hawaii to Vancouver in April, 2022 and will be interested in your take.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Ethanol95 do you know how many cruises are available sailing from Singapore ? I read that the season was extended,  we were canceled from a TP Hawaii to Brisbane, I wonder if Quantum will sail to Australia next ?

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

Ethanol95 do you know how many cruises are available sailing from Singapore ? I read that the season was extended,  we were canceled from a TP Hawaii to Brisbane, I wonder if Quantum will sail to Australia next ?

The season is extended till June 21st 2021. That's the latest update. 

Let's go out and have fun on the ships.  Royal will make money and people will have fun on their cruises.  The above posts seem to go back and forth about who's better at math.  Have fun enjoy the weekend and let's go back to the live report from Quantum of the Seas.  Cheers

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hollysmokes said:

I’ve done 3 of these from here in Singapore so far and loved them all! Happy to answer any questions anyone has from these trips. 

Hi looks like you're pretty new to CC. Welcome! How early could you book show and entertainment options on the cruise planner?

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

Hi looks like you're pretty new to CC. Welcome! How early could you book show and entertainment options on the cruise planner?

On our December 24 cruise you could book via the app from 6pm on embarkation day. I started trying right at 6pm and the process was a little buggy for a few minutes but we ultimately got everything we wanted at the times we wanted.

There may be a few answers to various questions in a mid trip report I posted during our 2020 Christmas cruise to nowhere. The report is on a roll call for a HAL TA we were booked on but have subsequently cancelled. As a handful of people on the roll call were interested in hearing about the cruise to nowhere I decided to post the short report, even after we cancelled the roll call cruise. There are a few pictures at the end.

It is post #1014 on page 41 of the roll call if there are any issues with the link.

We did enjoy the experience and have purchased three more RCCL 4-day cruises out of Singapore - one next week, one in May and one in December, which fingers crossed will be to somewhere (Penang and Phuket).

Edited by Blazza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blazza said:

There may be a few answers to various questions in a mid trip report I posted during our 2020 Christmas cruise to nowhere. The report is on a roll call for a HAL TA we were booked on but have subsequently cancelled. As a handful of people on the roll call were interested in hearing about the cruise to nowhere I decided to post the short report, even after we cancelled the roll call cruise. There are a few pictures at the end.

It is post #1014 on page 41 of the roll call if there are any issues with the link.

We did enjoy the experience and have purchased three more RCCL 4-day cruises out of Singapore - one next week, one in May and one in December, which fingers crossed will be to somewhere (Penang and Phuket).

That's great to hear, I'll take a look!