Azamara extends no sail suspension until June 30th 2021

upwarduk

1 hour ago, avw said:

My TA sent me an invoice for final payment for my Sept 9 Quest cruise, Intensive France (from Southampton). I assume that this means that they expect to be cruising at that time. 

Given the recent EU announcement, it's suddenly looking more likely.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

2 hours ago, avw said:

My TA sent me an invoice for final payment for my Sept 9 Quest cruise, Intensive France (from Southampton). I assume that this means that they expect to be cruising at that time. 

I do hope your cruise is sailing, however there is no guarantee that the issue of the invoice means the ship is sailing.  That’s certainly not my experience with Azamara.  
The EU position is unclear because individual countries can still set their controls based on their individual circumstances.  The statement is a wish to open, not yet a guarantee and the UK is no longer a member of the EU so not bound by any of this.

I do hope you can enjoy your cruise but see it as not yet good to go at this point in time.  

6 minutes ago, john1970 said:

I might be missing something but I cannot see any cruise on the website before September 28th. 

Yes they have all been taken down in the last hour. 
I fear some agents were over optimistic pushing invoices out and we had a bit of over optimism all round.  I do wonder though if there’s some new short sailings to come given the first start is from Athens.  Time will tell 

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Given the recent EU announcement, it's suddenly looking more likely.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

The announcement was a recommendation not a mandate, there is a long way to go given the current infection rates and slow vaccine roll out especially in France. 

8 hours ago, avw said:

I would ask your TA to request an extension for your final payment for at least a week.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, avw said:

Just making sure you saw the announcement from Azamara this morning.  Do NOT make that final payment!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, avw said:

What a difference a day makes! Very disappointed that I am not going to be able to cruise b2b in France and Spain in 2021, as I was hoping. I asked the TA to see about a lift and shift to 2022. The email Azamara sent offered a lift and shift for the Spain cruise but didn't say a word about the France cruise, which also appears to qualify.

Just now, avw said:

What a difference a day makes! Very disappointed that I am not going to be able to cruise b2b in France and Spain in 2021, as I was hoping. I asked the TA to see about a lift and shift to 2022. The email Azamara sent offered a lift and shift for the Spain cruise but didn't say a word about the France cruise, which also appears to qualify.

Thanks to all who sent a warning to me in case I wasn't aware of the cancellation.