Azamara extends no sail suspension until June 30th 2021

upwarduk

3 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

This is for Azamara Quest-August 4, 2021 Scotland Intensive?  Great news!

Seriously,  do you have a link to any details please....great news, especially if sailing from Scotland!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lookyboy said:

And so today we hear we are sailing.....Well done Azamara. xxxxx

How did you hear you were sailing I haven't seen a announcement on Azamara's website or FB.

Edited by jelayne

5 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

This is for Azamara Quest-August 4, 2021 Scotland Intensive?  Great news!

YES!! Azamara sailing officially from July 10th.....we have a Baltic cruise on 23rd July and then this one.......XXXXXX

7 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Seriously,  do you have a link to any details please....great news, especially if sailing from Scotland!

The issue for us here in Scotland will be......our cruise starts in Amsterdam....sails around Scotland and finishes in Dublin......the Scottish ports of call will be fine.....but.....Amsterdam and Dublin may not ne so fine alas.......

5 minutes ago, Lookyboy said:

The issue for us here in Scotland will be......our cruise starts in Amsterdam....sails around Scotland and finishes in Dublin......the Scottish ports of call will be fine.....but.....Amsterdam and Dublin may not ne so fine alas.......

I can see your issue - as it could be the cruise lines issue.  It was very clear from the government briefing today that a closed border was still very much the preference.

Hope it all works out for everyone, we will be watching with interest

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see exactly what Azamara announces about resumption plans.  Their website at the moment shows a July 10 cruise on Pursuit Athens-Athens [that should work if they can get the ship there], a July 11 cruise on Quest Copenhagen to Stockholm (with Russia) [that isn't possible now; by July?], and a July 16 golf cruise on Journey from Leith to Southampton.  I wonder if the resumption will mean cancelling all these existing itineraries in favor of whatever is doable.

I found this [never heard of this website before, so don't know how reliable it is]:

Azamara

Azamara Cruises has scheduled their reopening cruises beginning in July, 2021

Reopening Health Protocols: Azamara has implemented strict health and safety protocols including the following

• Travel restrictions preventing guests and crew coming from or transiting through areas of high risk of infection/exposure from boarding a vessel.
  • Performing enhanced screening at the embarkation port
  • Providing hand sanitizing gel at boarding and throughout the voyage in all public areas 
  • Access to a 24-hour medical facility onboard with a doctor and nurses ready to provide medical care.
  • Working with our tour operators to sanitize transportation

https://www.traveloffpath.com/cruise-lines-reopening-dates-of-sailings-and-what-you-need-to-know/

52 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It will be interesting to see exactly what Azamara announces about resumption plans.  Their website at the moment shows a July 10 cruise on Pursuit Athens-Athens [that should work if they can get the ship there], a July 11 cruise on Quest Copenhagen to Stockholm (with Russia) [that isn't possible now; by July?], and a July 16 golf cruise on Journey from Leith to Southampton.  I wonder if the resumption will mean cancelling all these existing itineraries in favor of whatever is doable.

The Leith to Southampton cruise sounds plausible, as The Open is being held at Royal St Georges', Kent 15-18 July and the ship could def dock there (Dover) for the final day Sunday 18th before sailing into La Manche to Southampton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I just wonder if this is an assumption, as it is the date after the suspension expires:

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

3 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I just wonder if this is an assumption, as it is the date after:

I think you may be right.  The dateline on the article I posted was April 17, which makes it plausible if that piece of data was brand new at the time.  "Time will tell."

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I think you may be right.  The dateline on the article I posted was April 17, which makes it plausible if that piece of data was brand new at the time.  "Time will tell."

Indeed, and your post caused me to go back and actually open the link.....which has the following disclaimer near the top of the article:

Important Note: These are projected sailing dates from each cruise line. Cruise line suspensions can be extended at anytime. This information is based on information directly from the official website for each Cruise Line. Sailings and reopening dates can change without notice. 

As you say time will tell, although Lookyboy who first posted the story has stated the information came from a TA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ECCruise said:

I am really curious if our 23 July Quest Baltic sailing will go.  The fact that it visits NINE countries in 12 days makes it at the very least, problematic.

The higher the number, the more problems.  But the big one on this cruise is Russia, which has so many issues right now.  And without Russia, I doubt that many cruise lines will want to do Baltic cruises...

4 hours ago, hamrag said:

Indeed, and your post caused me to go back and actually open the link.....which has the following disclaimer near the top of the article:

Important Note: These are projected sailing dates from each cruise line. Cruise line suspensions can be extended at anytime. This information is based on information directly from the official website for each Cruise Line. Sailings and reopening dates can change without notice. 

As you say time will tell, although Lookyboy who first posted the story has stated the information came from a TA.

So it looks like the author looked up what sailings are open for booking and made the leap that these were the reopening dates.  Don’t we wish.  Let’s see; we had a December cruise booked when suspensions were through 11/30. The. In November suspension was extended to 12 /31.  Well we know how that went.  But no problem we still had our February cruise.  Point is anyone who has followed the cruise industry wouldn’t rely on what is open for booking to title a  article Cruise Line Reopening Dates.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

So it looks like the author looked up what sailings are open for booking and made the leap that these were the reopening dates.  Don’t we wish.  Let’s see; we had a December cruise booked when suspensions were through 11/30. The. In November suspension was extended to 12 /31.  Well we know how that went.  But no problem we still had our February cruise.  Point is anyone who has followed the cruise industry wouldn’t rely on what is open for booking to title a  article Cruise Line Reopening Dates.

Well said! 

It’s one of many documents floating around - cruise critic have their own summation which is I would suggest more authentically researched. 

Until we see an official announcement from the cruiseline it’s all supposition and I would not want to get anyone’s hopes up and then have to let them down.  We have no idea who exactly the travel agent spoke to.  It may have been someone “in the know” and having gone so public here and encouraged speculation I really hope so.  My fear is the statement came from someone reading off a script that’s not updated.  And we all know the accuracy of statements by some call centre staff in the past. 

I hope I am wrong given all the hares set running by the speculation here.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, uktog said:

So it looks like the author looked up what sailings are open for booking and made the leap that these were the reopening dates.

I 2nd the earlier post to you of "well said" ...

We are all anxious to see things get started but if I had a dollar for every cruise reconfiguration reported by a cruiser in this thread I could buy a cruise line! (maybe ... 🙂 ...)

Cato to the Elder - 3rd Century - "Patience is a Virtue"

• Like 3

We’re currently booked on the 8/16 Iceland cruise which sails round trip from Dublin. Dublin currently has a 14 day quarantine for travelers from US so unless there are special provisions for cruises that’s not going to work.

I noticed that the person who said the 8/4 cruise was a go is from Scotland so maybe it’s a go for UK residents only.

15 minutes ago, wjfan417 said:

We’re currently booked on the 8/16 Iceland cruise which sails round trip from Dublin. Dublin currently has a 14 day quarantine for travelers from US so unless there are special provisions for cruises that’s not going to work.

I noticed that the person who said the 8/4 cruise was a go is from Scotland so maybe it’s a go for UK residents only.

Your comment represents a prime example of why information and sources require multiple verifications. Good luck with your cruise.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, wjfan417 said:

UK residents will also struggle as we are subject to the same quarantine regime. And as the cruise starts in Amsterdam that’s a further complication. That’s why I was slightly surprised by the posts last night. We were specifically told yesterday that keeping overseas travel off limits was the price we would have to pay for more relaxation of rules here e.g. being able to see someone inside the house which is still not permitted 

My TA sent me an invoice for final payment for my Sept 9 Quest cruise, Intensive France (from Southampton). I assume that this means that they expect to be cruising at that time.