Personnel Greetings

wowzz

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I think the reason for the short posts is a natural follow on from polite speech. If someone says Happy Birthday, the polite response is 'thank you', or if someone gives you some advice, again, 'thank you.' Yes I know there's a button for that, which I use, but sometimes it seems rather curt which makes me feel impolite. To me it's just basic good manners, whether written or spoken. We can post as often as we like, either one word, one emoji or one monologue and the only person that has a say in the matter is Sharon. So why can't we stop criticising others for their short posts, which we are all are guilty of by the way, and get back to our friendly selves. 😊

Avril

Absolutely Avril.

I feel exactly the same.

On Thursday night I actually spent 5 hours replying to all the well wishes on here and especially on the RC forums.

As the highest poster on here it might appear some comments could be aimed at me.

I have always got time for everyone.

Graham.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I think the reason for the short posts is a natural follow on from polite speech. If someone says Happy Birthday, the polite response is 'thank you', or if someone gives you some advice, again, 'thank you.' Yes I know there's a button for that, which I use, but sometimes it seems rather curt which makes me feel impolite. To me it's just basic good manners, whether written or spoken. We can post as often as we like, either one word, one emoji or one monologue and the only person that has a say in the matter is Sharon. So why can't we stop criticising others for their short posts, which we are all are guilty of by the way, and get back to our friendly selves. 😊

Avril

Spot on Avril.....Couldn’t agree more! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

My problem is that I only pop in 3 or 4 times a day and there is often a pile of posts to wade through. So when I reply to a post then go back to where I was, I then find someone(s) have already replied making my later post obsolete, pointless and invalid, and me feel worthless. Kalos,  as our guidance counselor what help can you provide to help me overcome these psychological traumas?:classic_blink:

Sometimes I start at the last post and work my way back.

Graham.

37 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Totally agree Avril.  I am a stickler for good manners and I too feel I've been a bit curt sometimes by only pressing a button - it seems lazy.  From the point of view of a relatively new poster, I have found this forum to be so friendly and supportive during what's been (and still is) a pretty rough time, and I feel I've made some good friends, albeit virtually. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 4

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Absolutely Avril.

I feel exactly the same.

On Thursday night I actually spent 5 hours replying to all the well wishes on here and especially on the RC forums.

As the highest poster on here it might appear some comments could be aimed at me.

Graham.

I've never met you Graham, but from how your posts seem, you are a genuinely kind and caring person. You can sometimes sense a persons character by their words and how they put them down. Over the last year I have formed my own opinions, although some have changed over the weeks, but not all. We are who we are Graham and it's important that we stay faithful to our own personality and not be pressured into change because of others opinions.  So keep posting as many thank yous, 🤞,👍 as you like 

So give me a Thank you Graham🤣

Avril

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I've never met you Graham, but from how your posts seem, you are a genuinely kind and caring person. You can sometimes sense a persons character by their words and how they put them down. Over the last year I have formed my own opinions, although some have changed over the weeks, but not all. We are who we are Graham and it's important that we stay faithful to our own personality and not be pressured into change because of others opinions.  So keep posting as many thank yous, 🤞,👍 as you like 

So give me a Thank you Graham🤣

Avril

Thank you very much Avril.

I hold your posts in high esteem and I am certain you are a loving and caring person.

Graham.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

My problem is that I only pop in 3 or 4 times a day and there is often a pile of posts to wade through. So when I reply to a post then go back to where I was, I then find someone(s) have already replied making my later post obsolete, pointless and invalid, and me feel worthless. Kalos,  as our guidance counselor what help can you provide to help me overcome these psychological traumas?:classic_blink:

Get your Pauline to make you a cuppa and calm down mate, your posts are 

not worthless and we will have to get Avril to console you and Harry could 

cheer you up (Where is he ? ) as I know you are both agreeable on most things  :classic_wacko:

Posts are never going to be what we want or even expected and watching 

Saturday final score proves that in our case .Should you need anymore advice 

please do not hesitate to ask anyone else ,the more the merrier .

Don't worry ,be happy and keep safe :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Totally agree Avril.  I am a stickler for good manners and I too feel I've been a bit curt sometimes by only pressing a button - it seems lazy.  From the point of view of a relatively new poster, I have found this forum to be so friendly and supportive during what's been (and still is) a pretty rough time, and I feel I've made some good friends, albeit virtually. Best wishes. Jane.x

Some times if there a lot of 'Good lucks 'or 'Happy bithdays' I do use the thank you button, but if  someone leaves a short message I'll answer. It's just basic good manners.                                    I'm not pressing the flippin' button.😉

Thank you Jane

Avril

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I think the reason for the short posts is a natural follow on from polite speech.  We can post as often as we like, either one word, one emoji or one monologue and the only person that has a say in the matter is Sharon. So why can't we stop criticising others for their short posts, which we are all are guilty of by the way, and get back to our friendly selves. 😊

Avril

I agree well said :classic_smile:

53 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Thank you, Avril.:classic_biggrin:

Thank you Annie ,so kind of you to post your feelings  :classic_smile:

49 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

You're welcome Annie😉

Avril

Ah that's so nice of you to say so :classic_love:

48 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

How kind.🙂

It is ,I'm welling up here .. :classic_unsure:

47 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Don't mention it😊

Avril

I won't ...; You can trust me ! :classic_smile:

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Absolutely Avril.

I feel exactly the same.

Graham.

We know and do not change for anyone .

42 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Spot on Avril.....Couldn’t agree more! 

I could but I agree with you :classic_biggrin:

21 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I am a stickler for good manners  I have found this forum to be so friendly and supportive during what's been (and still is) a pretty rough time, and I feel I've made some good friends, albeit virtually. Best wishes. Jane.x

We really love what you NHS guys are doing and support you all fully -Thanks Jane :classic_love:

15 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I have always been taught good manners cost nothing. It is only being polite to say thank you.

I fully agree thank you :classic_smile:

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you very much Avril.

I hold your posts in high esteem and I am certain you are a loving and caring person.

Graham.

As you all are and thanks for all your posts  :classic_love::classic_smile::classic_smile:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Get your Pauline to make you a cuppa and calm down mate, your posts are 

not worthless and we will have to get Avril to console you and Harry could 

cheer you up (Where is he ? ) as I know you are both agreeable on most things  :classic_wacko:

Posts are never going to be what we want or even expected and watching 

Saturday final score proves that in our case .Should you need anymore advice 

please do not hesitate to ask anyone else ,the more the merrier .

Don't worry ,be happy and keep safe :classic_smile:

Yeah,like Arthur Scargill and Norman Tebbit in a cage fight.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I agree well said :classic_smile:

Thank you Annie ,so kind of you to post your feelings  :classic_smile:

Ah that's so nice of you to say so :classic_love:

It is ,I'm welling up here .. :classic_unsure:

I won't ...; You can trust me ! :classic_smile:

We know and do not change for anyone .

I could but I agree with you :classic_biggrin:

We really love what you NHS guys are doing and support you all fully -Thanks Jane :classic_love:

I fully agree thank you :classic_smile:

As you all are and thanks for all your posts  :classic_love::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Thanks Kalos.

Excellent multi quoting.

How do you get the red print?

Graham.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Kalos.

Excellent multi quoting.

How do you get the red print?

Graham.

write what you want  (then highlight your print)

look along top and  use   A  with dropdown and select red or any other 

colour you want :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, kalos said:

I like reading these forums and I'm all forum and Post on the forum because 

I'm all forum . I think it's up to other posters to decide if they are forum or not 

forum ,that's whether they like what they read on the forum or decide to post

on the forum .They can disagree on a forum but cannot tell people where and

when to post on a forum, the reason being it is a forum and that is what people

do on a forum even if your not forum !  I hope that helps make things more clear :classic_smile:

Oooo very Captain Jack there Kalos, I had to read it twice to get my head around it 😄 just like the key quote

Jack Sparrow: No. If we don't have the key, we can't open whatever we don't have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don't have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

• Like 1