Cruise Out of Rome

1 minute ago, Pandamonia said:

Can we lift and shift Harmony 2021 August to this ship out of Israel?  Is this cruise even bookable for UK passengers? 

No.

Very unlikely the residency requirement will be modified during her season in Haifa.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No.

Very unlikely the residency requirement will be modified during her season in Haifa.

How do you know that?

I could say "yes", it could be modified during her season Haifa.  The Israelis with most people vaccinated may want to open up tourists.  They may accept people coming in that are vaccinated.

1 minute ago, M&A said:

How do you know that?

Because that's what the current rules are and RCI is likely to be very cautious in changing them. Sure, anything is possible, but anyone answering that question would be providing an opinion.

1 minute ago, M&A said:

How do you know that?

I could say "yes", it could be modified during her season Haifa.  The Israelis with most people vaccinated may want to open up tourists.  They may accept people coming in that are vaccinated.

This is what i was thinking. UK is at 30% vaccinated and March is going to be turbo charged with all had 1 dose by May. This leaves, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct. 

Maybe RCCL wants to move Harmony to Southampton with a cruise around the med to Gib and maybe greek isles if the ship fits. 

DO IT RCCL. No stupid masks either!

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

The only cruises that are currently eligible to be lifted and shifted are cruises on the Odyssey sailing out of Rome

I wonder what they plan on doing with Harmony then which was also sailing out of Rome?

3 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

I wonder what they plan on doing with Harmony then which was also sailing out of Rome?

Harmony is supposed to be interporting with embark/disembark in both Barcelona and Rome and since they have to bring across the pond for her 5-year dry dock I can definitely see them trying to salvage some of her season. 

3 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

This is what i was thinking. UK is at 30% vaccinated and March is going to be turbo charged with all had 1 dose by May. This leaves, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct. 

Maybe RCCL wants to move Harmony to Southampton with a cruise around the med to Gib and maybe greek isles if the ship fits. 

DO IT RCCL. No stupid masks either!

Didn't Boris say that he expects the end of June for most people vaccinated in the UK?  there will always be the anti-vaxers of course that won't get it.

1 minute ago, M&A said:

Didn't Boris say that he expects the end of June for most people vaccinated in the UK?  there will always be the anti-vaxers of course that won't get it.

Yes but that was before J&J and Novavax. They are playing a game of underpromising and over delivering. J&J alone can double the vaccine rate per day. There was talk of 1 million per day which would put everyone over 18 vaccinated by end of May or sooner.