Cruise Out of Rome

2 hours ago, little britain said:

RCI UK confirmed in writing to me that it is any ship any date......

It means you can move to any ship and sail date, with a window of +/- 1 day difference in days. So for example, if you were sailing on a 7-night cruise, we can move you to a 6,7, or 8-night sailing depending on when you want to go and which ship

I had the same thing confirmed to me by my rep this morning. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

RCI UK confirmed in writing to me that it is any ship any date......

It means you can move to any ship and sail date, with a window of +/- 1 day difference in days. So for example, if you were sailing on a 7-night cruise, we can move you to a 6,7, or 8-night sailing depending on when you want to go and which ship

Is it possible to post on here what they wrote - I have booked directly with RCI and when I spoke to them, they spoke to a supervisor and were adamant that original L&S policy applied. I do agree with what some others have posted however, that because this is 'new' they may not yet be up to speed, therefore anything in writing would be much appreciated in case I keep getting told the same thing. Or do you have a RCI UK contact you can share with me so I can contact them direct? Thanks in advance x

Edited by 38anchor

My TA advised that the unusually generous rebooking offer is for the May 9, 2021 inaugural sailing only, which would explain the response regarding the May 21 sailing.  I was 99% certain that I was going to get a refund, but now am looking at a June 2022 12 day featuring the Canary Islands and Spain.  Anyone been to the Canary Islands?

10 minutes ago, 38anchor said:

Is it possible to post on here what they wrote - I have booked directly with RCI and when I spoke to them, they spoke to a supervisor and were adamant that original L&S policy applied. I do agree with what some others have posted however, that because this is 'new' they may not yet be up to speed, therefore anything in writing would be much appreciated in case I keep getting told the same thing. Or do you have a RCI UK contact you can share with me so I can contact them direct? Thanks in advance x

UK D+ number is 0800 240 4261.  Try to speak to Alvaro as he knows what he is doing!  Yes you can 100% move to any cruise any date +/- one days duration! 

I did put what they wrote in my original post ^^.

Good luck

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Ken, cruises with F&F discount cannot be L&S apparently.....have you heard of this?

F&F? Does this mean friends and family? 

My bookings done through an interline travel agents were ineligible for L&S.  I had to take the FCC for my deposits 

43 minutes ago, little britain said:

UK D+ number is 0800 240 4261.  Try to speak to Alvaro as he knows what he is doing!  Yes you can 100% move to any cruise any date +/- one days duration! 

Good luck

So, I tried to speak to Alvaro but he has logged off for the day but I did speak to another of his colleagues. He did say I could L&S to any time through 2022 (which is not what I was originally told) but he did say it had to be the same or very similar itinerary. So, I couldn't move from a 9 day Greek to a 9 or 10 day Caribbean for example. Does that match what you were told, or have they said it can be any itinerary? If that is the case I will try phoning back when Alvaro is in tomorrow. Thanks for your help on this x

13 minutes ago, 38anchor said:

So, I tried to speak to Alvaro but he has logged off for the day but I did speak to another of his colleagues. He did say I could L&S to any time through 2022 (which is not what I was originally told) but he did say it had to be the same or very similar itinerary. So, I couldn't move from a 9 day Greek to a 9 or 10 day Caribbean for example. Does that match what you were told, or have they said it can be any itinerary? If that is the case I will try phoning back when Alvaro is in tomorrow. Thanks for your help on this x

Hi,  when he read through his internal guidelines of what was allowed, there was no mention of having to be geographically similar....  he’s back in tomorrow morning!  And my original confirmation ^^ also made no mention of geography.

good luck 😉 
LB 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Good luck

Totally agree Alvaro is the only one I will speak to he’s absolutely brilliant you can totally trust him.

16 minutes ago, keyboardjunkie said:

Does anyone know when the Odyssey leaves Israel as its home port and heads back to the USA? 

The original Transatlantic from Rome was Oct. 28, 2021 (NOT 2022!). The itineraries from Israel will determine the return date.

Edited by NancyIL

After a lot of deliberation, we're going to take the credit and let the choppy waters subside a bit before we jump back in.  We have a number of trips planned (other than cruises) and keeping track of each status has almost become a full time job.

51 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

My travel agent just processed our Lift & Shift from the 14-night Odyssey Transatlantic in Oct. 2022 to the 14-night Grandeur Southern Caribbean in Feb. 2022.

Getting to the party late..............was that allowed just because they don't have any Transatlantic's scheduled yet?

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Getting to the party late..............was that allowed just because they don't have any Transatlantic's scheduled yet?

Nope - the only L&S restriction is that it be +/- one day of original cruise length.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NancyIL said:

Nope - the only L&S restriction is that it be +/- one day of original cruise length.

any itinerary? price protected, same category cabin?

Edited by Jimbo

On 2/26/2021 at 8:11 PM, Ballwin Babe said:

It's really becoming annoying, especially since the  number of other cruise lines canceling May is growing.  If ever I was considering taking RCCL FCC, I'm so past that now.  Just give me my money and I'll book with a cruise line which has more reasonable and honest business practices.  

Yes, all of this is frustrating but it is also a very good sign that RCL is working out and negotiating with various countries to be able to restart their sailings across the world.     

Yes, they are still listing May cruises for sale but who would actually book one unless it is someone that wants to play the game and turn their cash into a 125% FCC.    

I have cruised with other lines and periodically check their cc threads and there are unhappy people on there too.    I do not consider RCL being unreasonable because they haven't cancelled May cruises yet.  Since the beginning of this pandemic RCL has been waiting till 90-days or less to cancel cruises.   I suspect they will stick with this pattern and that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that gets on these boards.

RCL is waiting for the CDC to provide their technical instructions and they hope to receive them in coming weeks.   That will provide them with the detailed instructions so they can prepare for their "test cruises" in the "near" future.      

This is all very positive news and I hope RCL is able to continue negotiating with various Countries to sail as they need the revenue, that's for sure. 

This Israel plan is already under threat

Greece made is quite clear that they would welcome UK visitors this summer, because the vaccine roll out has been so successful

However, the EU has trumped that with a threat to keep all EU countries in line with their disastrous vaccine programme - A decision will be made in the next week

This could mean Greece and Cyprus could be under threat to all visitors, irrespective of their vaccine successes

It's one to keep an eye on

Looking at the situation currently and following the announcement of RCL to cancel the Rome season of Odysey and redeploy the ship for cruises out of Israel as a Singapore + Test / trial experiement we will very likely also not have a cruiseing season in Europe in 2021 and need to hope for 2022.

9 hours ago, compman9 said:

This Israel plan is already under threat

Greece made is quite clear that they would welcome UK visitors this summer, because the vaccine roll out has been so successful

However, the EU has trumped that with a threat to keep all EU countries in line with their disastrous vaccine programme - A decision will be made in the next week

This could mean Greece and Cyprus could be under threat to all visitors, irrespective of their vaccine successes

It's one to keep an eye on

Disastrous indeed. We think more and more countries will tell the EU where to stick the vaccination program and go with their own vaccine rollouts as some are already doing.  At least that's the hope.

• Like 1