Cruise Out of Rome

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So by waiting you received a great offer.  Much better than anything other cruise lines offered.

FCC

Refund

lift and shift 

C4136755-8273-4549-8306-ABF343A29B75.jpeg

Interesting only plus or minus 1 DAY, I guess in a way that might be better for people with a price protected in a limited availability cabin category.

Edited by Jimbo

Got my email this morning. We had 2 rooms book for August. One for my husband and I and one for our 18,19, and 22 yr old daughters. Going to take the refund on that room as the oldest got into grad school and couldn’t go anyhow. Have to talk to the hubby to determine what him and I want to do. This was the first one I had that’s been effected because of Covid. Is option 1 or 2 actually better for him and I?

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Interesting only plus or minus 1 DAY, I guess in a way that might be better for people with a price protected in a limited availability cabin category.

With many European sailings being fir odd numbers of nights this gives a lot more flexibility

9 minutes ago, Crazydancemom said:

Got my email this morning. We had 2 rooms book for August. One for my husband and I and one for our 18,19, and 22 yr old daughters. Going to take the refund on that room as the oldest got into grad school and couldn’t go anyhow. Have to talk to the hubby to determine what him and I want to do. This was the first one I had that’s been effected because of Covid. Is option 1 or 2 actually better for him and I?

Option 2, the lift and shift can be great depending on the price you paid and what the price of wha5 you want to move to is.  You will need to compare. Since you are before final option 1 doesn’t do much fir you as it is only 125% on what you have paid. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Plus or minus 1 day refers to the length of the cruise, and not the date. I interpreted  “any 2022 sailing” to mean any ODYSSEY sailing - whose length is +/- 1 day of cruise being Lifted & Shifted. 

4 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Plus or minus 1 day refers to the length of the cruise, and not the date. I interpreted  “any 2022 sailing” to mean any ODYSSEY sailing - whose length is +/- 1 day of cruise being Lifted & Shifted. 

Oh didn't read it that way, you might be right. Ours is a 7 nighter......so only a 7 or 8 night option, Allure or Vision.....Not so sure we would go on Vision, been on it once, don't think I could get my wife on that ship again, even for the extra day.

Edited by Jimbo

10 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Plus or minus 1 day refers to the length of the cruise, and not the date.

None of the previous L&S options had an open ended date, so unlikely this will either. Would RCI let you L&S from any sailing to xmas? Very unlikely.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

None of the previous L&S options had an open ended date, so unlikely this will either. Would RCI let you L&S from any sailing to xmas? Very unlikely.

See Ourusualbeach’s post #26: “any sailing with a similar sailing length (+/- 1 day) in 2022.” It isn’t clear to me whether that means any Odyssey sailing or any ship.

1 minute ago, NancyIL said:

See Ourusualbeach’s post #26: “any sailing with a similar sailing length (+/- 1 day) in 2022.” It isn’t clear to me whether that means any Odyssey sailing or any ship.

Agree that it is vague.  The FAQ’s for  TA’s have not been posted.  I agree with Biker that it will not include Christmas or New Years....those have always been excluded 

3 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Until details are released and people actually start to L&S, I don't think anyone knows the real rules. The announcement could have been a typo and they meant, like Alaska sailings, +/- one week the following year on the same ship/length.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Option 2, the lift and shift can be great depending on the price you paid and what the price of wha5 you want to move to is.  You will need to compare. Since you are before final option 1 doesn’t do much fir you as it is only 125% on what you have paid. 

Thank you!  That’s what I suspected

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Until details are released and people actually start to L&S, I don't think anyone knows the real rules. The announcement could have been a typo and they meant, like Alaska sailings, +/- one week the following year on the same ship/length.

I think Lift & Shift  +/-  one day (in length) for any 2022 sailing (but probably excluding holiday cruises) makes the most sense. Odyssey had 9-night Greek Isles cruises in fall 2021, with a couple of 12-night Holy Land cruises in September. In 2022, the two 12-night Holy Land cruises are in October, preceding the (as yet unannounced) Transatlantic. A Lift & Shift +/- one week is too narrow of a time frame. 

This seems pretty clear: 

• If you prefer to change to any sailing with a similar sailing length (+1/-1 day) in 2022 - we’re happy to move you to a like for like category on any open sailing! We will price protect your original cruise or refund any price difference. And, you’ll receive a special inaugural $100 Onboard Credit USD per stateroom to use anywhere onboard, or precruise.
Edited by NancyIL

55 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

It doesn't mention that it has to be Odyssey and there is no OY TA on sale yet for Winter 2022....so I am hoping you can pick any ship/any cruise!   Although knowing RCI that will be too much to hope for!!! 

2 minutes ago, little britain said:

It doesn't mention that it has to be Odyssey and there is no OY TA on sale yet for Winter 2022....so I am hoping you can pick any ship/any cruise!   Although knowing RCI that will be too much to hope for!!! 

I expect the Oct. 31, 2022 Odyssey Transatlantic will be announced before the March 18 deadline to Lift & Shift. Hopefully we’ll know more very soon!

6 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

I expect the Oct. 31, 2022 Odyssey Transatlantic will be announced before the March 18 deadline to Lift & Shift. Hopefully we’ll know more very soon!

RCI UK have just confirmed it is ANY SHIP ANY DATE..!

I have had 3 cruises cancelled now on her... I don't think I am destined to go on her!  

Edited by little britain

11 minutes ago, little britain said:

RCI UK have just confirmed it is ANY SHIP ANY DATE..!

One has to wonder why on Alaska sailings L&S conditions were tightened, yet one this one they seem to be very generous, even more than the general L&S that ended in January. 

On 2/28/2021 at 7:13 AM, SpainAlien said:

Can I ask where you got this information from? I live in Spain and have not seen any such announcement re Barcelona port being closed for the whole of 2021 and believe me I have been looking.

I have a cruise booked from Barcelona for 23rd May and don't expect it to sail but I would have thought that June or July would be able to start with EU Schengen residents only if they can get enough guests from that client base

World of Cruising | Spain Extends Cruise Ship Ban With No End Date…

I believe this article is from Jan 2021 which is when I originally posted in one of my roll calls.

Edited by klfrodo

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I have just spoken to an agent regarding my May 21st cancelled cruise and been told that the original L&S T&C's still apply:

- must leave from the same port (Rome)

- must be within 4 weeks + 1 year of original sailing

- sailing can be +1 / -1 nights

So for me, I can L&S to either Odyssey 7th May 2022 or Odyssey 16th May 2022.

I do think the wording in the email is very misleading....

1 minute ago, 38anchor said:

I have just spoken to an agent regarding my May 21st cancelled cruise and been told that the original L&S T&C's still apply:

RCI's phone reps have been known to be wrong!

12 minutes ago, 38anchor said:

RCI UK confirmed in writing to me that it is any ship any date......

It means you can move to any ship and sail date, with a window of +/- 1 day difference in days. So for example, if you were sailing on a 7-night cruise, we can move you to a 6,7, or 8-night sailing depending on when you want to go and which ship

Edited by little britain

34 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

World of Cruising | Spain Extends Cruise Ship Ban With No End Date…

I believe this article is from Jan 2021 which is when I originally posted in one of my roll calls.

Thanks for that. That announcement was made in March last year, there has been no update since then but we are hoping that the ports will open again within the coming months, certainly before the end of year. The cruise lines are petitioning the ports who are turn putting pressure on the government.

http://www.portdebarcelona.cat/en/web/Port-del-Ciudada/cruceros

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Agree that it is vague.  The FAQ’s for  TA’s have not been posted.  I agree with Biker that it will not include Christmas or New Years....those have always been excluded 

Ken, cruises with F&F discount cannot be L&S apparently.....have you heard of this?