COVID test where in Ft Lauderdale?

phabric

I am Canadian.  I have an Eastern cruise March 2022 out of Ft Lauderdale.  I plan on booking a hotel room the day we return encase we have to have a test before our return flight home.

Hopefully we won’t need a test by then?

I would not know where to take a test in FLL?

Can you take a test at a pharmacy?

Do you need an appointment?

How long do you get the results back?

Cost?

If the cruise lines do in fact require a test to board, I am sure many vendors will pop up, and there will be many sources of info on appropriate tests, their locations, types, return times and costs, just as there has been with Hawaii requiring tests before flights there. I am sure the cruise lines will be the primary source of this info.

However, as there is no final policy, and no indication of anybody sailing from Florida in the near future, it is far too soon to be figuring this out. I am sure there are currently vendors in the area, but planning on using any existing one is pre-mature, as we don't know what type of test the cruise lines will require. In the case of flying to Hawaii, the state of Hawaii doesn't accept MANY local venders...instead they have very specific requirements and approved vendors. The cruise industry is far from establishing...at least publicly, an approved test or vendors list.

Your cruise is over a year away. Ten million things could easily change in that time.

• Like 1

Another example of the supply popping up when the demand arises is the resort areas of Mexico, which have mainly remained open. As the US started requiring negative tests to fly back, vendors, frequently affiliated with hotels or airports,  popped up immediately. Problem solved.

But, we have no hard evidence a test will be required to board, although it does seem likely and reasonable, at least initially. 

I think the OP is enquiring about a test post cruise before getting on a flight home back to Canada.

It is hard to predict what will be required by that time, but it will definitely make travel a little more complicated.

10 hours ago, OVgirl said:

I think the OP is enquiring about a test post cruise before getting on a flight home back to Canada.

It is hard to predict what will be required by that time, but it will definitely make travel a little more complicated.

Could be...but the answer is pretty much the same. As the number of people needing to fly back from FLL grows with the assumed resumption of cruises, the vendors will pop up.

Although rules will likely change, the 72 hour rule will probably stay.  You must present a negative test taken within 72 hours to enter this country, fly on that airline, etc.

If Florida requires a negative test in order to leave the ship in Miami, Tampa, etc, as seems likely, the matter and vendor may be settled.

Who knows  who  is going to  be testing in 2022?

Right  now the quickest  way to  get  tested is to drive to  Hard Rock Stadium or CVS.

It takes  me one hour to drive to the stadium and back including rapid test results.

I think you are putting  the cart before the  horse.

FWIW, there are TONS of Canadians here right now.

The Canadians are probably waiting for the Canadian Government rules to change to return.  Everyone flying into Canada has to have a negative test to fly.  Anyone entering Canada by plane, at a Canadian airport has to take another test and then be quarantined for 3 days at certain pre reserved hotels at their own expense to wait for the test results. They have to show that they have a reserved hotel room booked.  Hotel rooms can only be booked through a certain phone line, have heard getting through can take many hours.  Hotels set the rate, some up to $2,000 for the 3 days.  Then be quarantined for 10 days at home.

People driving back to Canada have different rules.

I know it is a year away before we cruise again and rules will hopefully be changed.  Not being from FLL, I wanted to have an idea where I can go if we have to a test before flying home.