Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

Guest BigRoger
1 hour ago, little britain said:

Did you notice if there were cabs waiting at the port?

Don’t know we dont get there for a couple of days! Liverpool tomorrow then Belfast…. 

Guest BigRoger
5 hours ago, maxy35 said:

Any chance of some pics of the flyer offers at the next cruise desk please. 

I tried to deliver on this but was accosted by a very nice next cruise lady who wanted to sell me more cruises! I will try again when they are busier!

Guest BigRoger
5 hours ago, BigRoger said:

WWRY at 2.15pm….. I sneaked into last nights performance too for 20 mins…. Awesome

5D01C0BA-A53A-49FF-B102-9417434A8EED.jpeg

WWRY was incredible (again)…. Have told DW that I’m running away to sea to chase after scaramouche…. Her response was ‘jog on… you wouldn’t know what to do with her if you caught her…..’….. sad but true

1 hour ago, *Fudge* said:

We have booked a balcony guarantee and the room they gave us doesn’t have a restricted view, 👍🏻

Same here. Did this on my last trip on Anthem, got very nice room on 13th floor midship. This time, on 12th, midship again, 4th or 5th cabin from the escalators, perfect.

1 hour ago, gavvy said:

Just got the Royal Up email offering me the chance to upgrade my room.  I booked a Balcony Guarantee and they are offering min bids of

Spacious ocean view £20pp

Jr Suite £130 pp

Grand Suite £330pp

Large Grand suite £360pp

Grand Suite 2 bedroom £550pp

I am tempted to bid on a spacious ocean view- least then I will hopefully not get a restricted view room, what do you think?

At those prices I’d definitely bid on a JS

Guest BigRoger
18 minutes ago, little britain said:

Thanks… other sites report that Belfast may be iffy due to the surge in cases there… so you may not want to get off!! 

Fingers crossed - we are going to try to meet up with Clodagh.. authorities permitting!

9 minutes ago, rskjas said:

Hi, this might be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway! Do you still have network reception on your phone or is it cellular at sea? 🤔🤔

Sue 

Not a stupid question at all. We were on an MSC UK cruise last month which has the same itinerary as the Anthem and picked up a network signal most of the time. Occasionally lost it but only for a few hours at most. Wouldn’t recommend connecting to Cellular at Sea as it’s extremely expensive. Imo it’s not worth purchasing an internet package unless it’s vital that you have a connection at all times.

36 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Not a stupid question at all. We were on an MSC UK cruise last month which has the same itinerary as the Anthem and picked up a network signal most of the time. Occasionally lost it but only for a few hours at most. Wouldn’t recommend connecting to Cellular at Sea as it’s extremely expensive. Imo it’s not worth purchasing an internet package unless it’s vital that you have a connection at all times.

Thanks for replying, don't worry I won't be using cellular at sea! Good to know there will hopefully  be some reception 👍

Sue

9 hours ago, CaroleC said:

BigRoger, is this your experience on Anthem at the moment with regards to the gaining access to the internet?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Wedgeh said:

I am tempted to bid on a spacious ocean view- least then I will hopefully not get a restricted view room, what do you think

I’m not sure that I’d pay extra to swop a balcony for a room with a window. I’d prefer the extra outdoor space even if the view was restricted. 

18 minutes ago, Cat4158 said:

I’m not sure that I’d pay extra to swop a balcony for a room with a window. I’d prefer the extra outdoor space even if the view was restricted. 

Should have made clear that upgrade is with a balcony too. States either the room or balcony will be spacious. 

I would never take a room with just a window 

Screenshot_20210826_132300_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by gavvy
Added pic

Guest BigRoger
4 hours ago, *Fudge* said:

BigRoger, is this your experience on Anthem at the moment with regards to the gaining access to the internet?

Thanks

Hiya besides the cell phone data which we only use in port to be careful (which is just normal), our experiences over the 2 cruises has been:

- free WiFi for rC app…. Works ‘ok’ but drops out very frequently…..

- surf - well you can connect…. If the wifi holds but it is painfully slow

- surf and stream - it does work…!!.. and it is quicker than the other options and a bit more stable…. But if it’s the fastest at sea…. By lord all the others must be slow… you could never watch anything of any length - but pretty good for emails etc CC posting etc…

54 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

By lord all the others must be slow… you could never watch anything of any length

O3B works better are lower latitudes, like Caribbean, but yes, folks must adjust their internet performance expectations when at sea.