Are Pinnacle Club members allowed into the Suite Lounge on Oasis?

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

About the same time they lit Pins know there are to many booked to let them use the facilities😉

Seriously though, in our case we were notified pre sail on both the President cruise and Allure TA that accomodations were being made to facillitate the large number of Pins sailing.

Allure TA was very nice. Happy Hour in Dazzles, Pins only

Breakfast and lunch were in CP150 with the CK menus. Once again, Pins only

Dinner in CK was limited to just a couple visits.

Some Pins not happy, oh well. Can't please everyone. 

Pins were allowed in the SL. I thought that was odd, but not my decision.

FWIW, I booked Star Class because I knew they would apply some restrictions. Turns out I would have been fine with how they accomodated their most loyal cruisers.

This is interesting.  I suppose I had no idea how many P’s there are out there and have never experienced overcrowding on Oasis SL’s (only ships we sail on because of the SL) 

Obviously I see both sides of the argument but if I book a premium suite I want exclusive benefits - free Wi-Fi and drinks don’t do it for me.  I want the SL and all that comes with it !  

Yes, I could always take more cruises and become a P but I will never chase that as I enjoy other forms of travel as well.  

Royal will be in a tough spot being able to please it’s most loyal pax while balancing what benefits are given to those who pay the most $$$ to cruise.   

• Like 5

On 3/9/2021 at 9:21 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

I have an idea. Allow full access to SL/CL for Pinnacles who are booked in a JS. Lots of my Pinnacle friends, who are NOT “pesky”, stay in JS’s. This should make the numbers manageable on any cruise. 😇

M8

So a new Pinnacle ( 700 points)  in a JS, gets priority over someone with 3000 points?  That confrontation is way above my pay grade.   

Seems to me there  are just a few dates/itineraries that are an issue. There can be a general rule, and changes as conditions warrant.   We sail during busy ( expensive) family  times such as summer/spring break/Christmas/New years and the  P numbers are relatively low, even on an O class out of Port Canaveral.     And on other non O class ships,  sometimes  there are maybe 10 Pinnacles on board. 

If there is ever a specific  cut-off for Pinnacle entrance into a venue,  I hope it is not  by accommodations.  

M

10 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Heard the rumor that the suite and Pinnacle lounges become a Pinnacle only venue when high numbers of valued Pinnacle guests are on specific voyages.

Suite guests may order all CK food plus specialty restaurant food for consumption in their respective suites plus they will be offered free drinks to order in their suites. I think that's a big step forward for suite guests when indeed implemented. Cross fingers.

As a lazy suite guest I believe that's also a great way forward to interact and mingle suite guests with the "ordinary" people in all lounges on board (free beers and wine 24/7 for suite guests in all bar venues). 

I'm hoping this is a joke.  I would not be happy eating  meals ( especially if everything is brought at once)  in my suite.  I barely like it for breakfast.

I  prefer a restaurant setting. 

M

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

So a new Pinnacle ( 700 points)  in a JS, gets priority over someone with 3000 points?  That confrontation is way above my pay grade.   

Seems to me there  are just a few dates/itineraries that are an issue. There can be a general rule, and changes as conditions warrant.   We sail during busy ( expensive) family  times such as summer/spring break/Christmas/New years and the  P numbers are relatively low, even on an O class out of Port Canaveral.     And on other non O class ships,  sometimes  there are maybe 10 Pinnacles on board. 

If there is ever a specific  cut-off for Pinnacle entrance into a venue,  I hope it is not  by accommodations.  

M

I suggested by points but didn’t seem to go over well. 

M8

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I suggested by points but didn’t seem to go over well. 

M8

I can understand that.  In my opinion,  if one is Pinnacle, they  should get all the benefits.      Benefits might change, or even temporarily change for certain cruises/Itineraries, but all Pinnacles should  get the same benefits

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Obviously I see both sides of the argument but if I book a premium suite I want exclusive benefits - free Wi-Fi and drinks don’t do it for me.  I want the SL and all that comes with it !  

I usually have to work, so I need the wi-fi but not a huge drinker.  Like you, I like the SL.  I take meds that require me to limit sun exposure.  So, I do enjoy sitting in the SL, with the air conditioner, while reading.  I'm not a Pin, book suites when we can.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I can understand that.  In my opinion,  if one is Pinnacle, they  should get all the benefits.      Benefits might change, or even temporarily change for certain cruises/Itineraries, but all Pinnacles should  get the same benefits

M

And that’s why I also suggested their own venue/lounge/dining. 

M8

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

I usually have to work, so I need the wi-fi but not a huge drinker.  Like you, I like the SL.  I take meds that require me to limit sun exposure.  So, I do enjoy sitting in the SL, with the air conditioner, while reading.  I'm not a Pin, book suites when we can.

Sounds like us.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Not necessary in my opinion, but I don't make the rules.  Heck,  I can barely follow them. 

M

It’s not always a problem but when it is, it is. Just needs to be fixed. 😎

Maybe open a different area for Pinnacles on boarding day. Limit access to SL on boarding day to just Suites?

What they have done to limit nights in the CK sounds like a start. 

M8

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

This is interesting.  I suppose I had no idea how many P’s there are out there and have never experienced overcrowding on Oasis SL’s (only ships we sail on because of the SL) 

Yes, I could always take more cruises and become a P but I will never chase that as I enjoy other forms of travel as well.  

Royal will be in a tough spot being able to please it’s most loyal pax while balancing what benefits are given to those who pay the most $$$ to cruise.   

$$$ isn't a good gauge. I have at least 3 full suites coming up that cost me less than a typical balcony cabin. 😉

7 hours ago, davekathy said:

You like DIY projects. Take a piece of masking tape and a sharpie with you. 😉

I kind of enjoy watching folks wander around aimlessly.

My favorite was watchingva couple walkball the way to forward elevator banks on 7 so they could get to the other side of the aft elevators of Harmony 

#Truevstory

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s not always a problem but when it is, it is. Just needs to be fixed. 😎

Maybe open a different area for Pinnacles on boarding day. Limit access to SL on boarding day to just Suites?

What they have done to limit nights in the CK sounds like a start. 

M8

That was only on a couple cruises that I know of

19 hours ago, RFerrington said:

If they're going to make the SL for Pins only (unlikely, IMO) then they're going to need to rename it !

They could call it... "Concierge Club".  😇

Oh wait, CL access is being heatedly discussed in another thread.  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That was only on a couple cruises that I know of

Like I have said, on cruises where X number of Pinnacles are onboard, a process should kick in. I have no clue what are the numbers where it becomes an issue. Royal can determine the value of X. 

I do believe, on embarkation day, provide Pinnacles their own area/lounge to gather instead of the SL. Strictly limit Pinnacles from making CK reservation to 2nd afternoon. This would give unseasoned Suite Guests the opportunity to book and reserve CK dining times onboard. Never permit B2B.... Pinnacles from making CK reservations prior to next cruise(s) sailing. 

A Pinnacle in a Suite should always receive the Suite Amenities as well as their C&A Perks. 

M8

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Like I have said, on cruises where X number of Pinnacles are onboard, a process should kick in. I have no clue what are the numbers where it becomes an issue. Royal can determine the value of X. 

Which is what they are doing now and a recent change they didn't do a year or two ago.

They even send an email before the cruise so Pins know what to expect.

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How was the SL on embarkation day?

M8

Don't know.  I was down at the special Pin lunch they threw in the MDR with free drinks.  Perhaps that was planned on their part to ease the SL boarding day complaints.

EDIT - come to think of it that's where I first encountered "Mr. 3000" as he became known later in the cruise who had many thoughts he shared on these changes.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

Don't know.  I was down at the special Pin lunch they threw in the MDR with free drinks.  Perhaps that was planned on their part to ease the SL boarding day complaints.

EDIT - come to think of it that's where I first encountered "Mr. 3000" as he became known later in the cruise who had many thoughts he shared on these changes.

I remember the posts regarding Mr 3000. Thanks for the good humor reminder. I got a chuckle.

M8

• Like 3

Most Pins actually liked the changes with breakfast in Chop and lunch in 150CP on that cruise.  I met some new friends and we met daily for breakfast and lunch then later in Dazzles for happy hour.  

Besides Mr. 3000 everyone seemed fine with it and some preferred it.  Larger tables for groups, comfortable seating, ample space.  It was basically the same CK menu and experience but in Chops or 150CP.  We often had the same wait staff who knew our drink preferences the next day.  

I'm generally a fan of CK but not every dinner menu suits my tastes perfectly.  Having to pick a couple nights worked out fine and seemed like a reasonable compromise.   Still got my CK filet night dinner.

I visited the SL outside of happy hour on many days and never saw a crowd because it wasn't happy hour.

I am confident Royal is taking lessons learned from every change like this and using it to optimize the experience for everyone going forward.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I remember the posts regarding Mr 3000. Thanks for the good humor reminder. I got a chuckle.

That's why I so look forward to cruising again, to hear stories like that. Classic!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1