Oceania’s fall cruisers

patty1955

32 minutes ago, Jockocruiser said:

Yeah but.  The CDC doesn’t control non USA departures.  Thus the recent announcements by Crystal, and RCI of Royal and Celebrity, of sailings in 2021 summer.  A long journey begins with the first step.

Unfortunately the “first step” on this cruise is from LA.

10 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I'm on the Sept23rd cruise. I am concerned because it's a  9 day & CDC has talked about nothing loner than 7 day when we start back up.

Thank you for responding, appreciated.  I guess it’s a waiting game.

Regards

3 hours ago, Jockocruiser said:

Yeah but.  The CDC doesn’t control non USA departures.  Thus the recent announcements by Crystal, and RCI of Royal and Celebrity, of sailings in 2021 summer.  A long journey begins with the first step.

This cruise is R/T Los Angeles, California

2 hours ago, royallondon said:

Thank you for responding, appreciated.  I guess it’s a waiting game.

Regards

Are you planning on doing anything else or just the cruise? There is a train that goes up the coast to most of the cities visited on the cruise. To me it's no comparison to Oceania but may be an option. Also, Oceania is doing the same itinerary in Sept 2022 if you can change.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Are you planning on doing anything else or just the cruise? There is a train that goes up the coast to most of the cities visited on the cruise. To me it's no comparison to Oceania but may be an option. Also, Oceania is doing the same itinerary in Sept 2022 if you can change.

Hi victory2020, thank you for this information.

Having never visited the West coast, we are having 3 days in LA before the cruise and 3 days in Vegas on our way back to the UK.  
We were due on this corresponding cruise last Sept but moved it forward due to Covid.  As you have already identified, there is a similar 7 day cruise next Sept which is our “plan C” should things not improve before FP date.

Appreciate your feedback and keep well.

Regards

11 hours ago, royallondon said:

Hi victory2020, thank you for this information.

Having never visited the West coast, we are having 3 days in LA before the cruise and 3 days in Vegas on our way back to the UK.  
We were due on this corresponding cruise last Sept but moved it forward due to Covid.  As you have already identified, there is a similar 7 day cruise next Sept which is our “plan C” should things not improve before FP date.

Appreciate your feedback and keep well.

Regards

Just talked to a friend who works at the port of LA. They have told her that she will be going back to work on July 1 - but of course that could change.  

2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Today put a stop on those cruises.  Better luck in 2022.

Anyone who doesn’t want to go on the cruise can stop today or anytime. That will make it unnecessary to post on this board too.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2021 at 6:39 PM, victory2020 said:

I'm on the Sept23rd cruise. I am concerned because it's a  9 day & CDC has talked about nothing loner than 7 day when we start back up.

We are on the same cruise. I am booking flights this week and the airline has a current promise of no change of cancellation fees so I think it’s worth booking. But we need the CDC to change their policy! 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 12:03 AM, osandomir said:

Anyone who doesn’t want to go on the cruise can stop today or anytime. That will make it unnecessary to post on this board too.

Thread topic:  Oceania’s fall cruisers
Original post by patty1955:

“I’m wondering how those of you booked on a fall cruise are handling the uncertainty. Are you making any reservations? Booking any flights? Have you decided what might cause you to cancel the booking”?

I think you’ll find the only unnecessary post on this thread to date, happens to be yours.

Regards

• Like 1

We are booked on Regatta Tokyo to Singapore October 28, 2021. I have my doubts that we will be able to go on and off the ship at many ports. In fact, I doubt Japan will have us at all! Any thoughts you care to share on the likelihood of this cruise happening?

1 hour ago, mamaclark said:

We are booked on Regatta Tokyo to Singapore October 28, 2021. I have my doubts that we will be able to go on and off the ship at many ports. In fact, I doubt Japan will have us at all! Any thoughts you care to share on the likelihood of this cruise happening?

Step 1 to Cancellation - Move final payment date to sixty (60) days.

How are you doing so far?

5 hours ago, mamaclark said:

Any thoughts you care to share on the likelihood of this cruise happening?

Regatta is due to continue into Australia arriving on 19th November on this itinerary.

In the 3 weeks prior to this date the ship visits 6 countries.

My suggestion would be to post the question on the Australian Cruisers forum, and ask for their opinion as locals.

Edited by Tranquility Base

My guess they will have Regatta doing Summer Mexico cruises.  No longer in Eugene OR. (no Alaska) and no longer in LA.  Now heading to Mexico which is open for tourism next stop Acapulco.

canvas.png

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 1

Our September LA-LA is also not waitlisted, except for PH and inside. It is day to day, although with the comments from  the CEO's of NCL, Oceania and Regent, we are feeling cautiously optimistic.