Alaska cruises from Seattle Cancelled thru June 27

Love2cruise77

Princess is extending its pause of cruise vacations sailing from Seattle through June 27, 2021.

See Voyage Cancellation/Replacement List ❯

Here are the options:

1. Transfer to equivalent cruise in 2022: Guest can elect to have their booking transferred to the same cruise next year in 2022 with the added benefit of price protection, since we will maintain the 2021 price. This option is available whether a guest has already paid in full or is just deposited for their booking.
  2. Future Cruise Credit (FCC): 😞 Guest can choose to accept a FCC equivalent to 100% of the cruise fare paid plus an additional non-refundable bonus FCC equal to 10% of the cruise fare paid (minimum $25 USD). FCCs can be used on any cruises booked by and sailing by December 31, 2022.
  3. Refund: Guest can choose to receive a refund of monies paid toward the booking to the original form of payment.
Edited by Love2cruise77

There will be no cruises to Alaska in 2021 and I think the cruiselines should make the announcement, give everybody the opportunity to rebook for 2022, or give them a full refund.  The is so not fair to drag it on and on giving people false hope.  Enough is enough.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

There will be no cruises to Alaska in 2021 and I think the cruiselines should make the announcement, give everybody the opportunity to rebook for 2022, or give them a full refund.  The is so not fair to drag it on and on giving people false hope.  Enough is enough.

I have an August 2021 Alaska cruise out of Seattle and I am pretty confident that it won't sail.  Princess is SLOWLY ripping the bandage off of me and it doesn't feel good.  I would cancel it now but I have so much FCC invested in it I would much rather wait and have them cancel to avoid any accounting errors.

• Like 2

Just now, Italy52 said:

I have an August 2021 Alaska cruise out of Seattle and I am pretty confident that it won't sail.  Princess is SLOWLY ripping the bandage off of me and it doesn't feel good.  I would cancel it now but I have so much FCC invested in it I would much rather wait and have them cancel to avoid any accounting errors.

Sorry to hear this!  I feel your pain!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lady Arwen said:

Sorry to hear this!  I feel your pain!

Thanks.  It stinks to have our Alaska cruises cancelled two years in a row.  So, in June, we are going to fly into Juneau for a few days and do a couple of our favorite things:  whale watching with our favorite vendor and a Tracy Arm excursion.  Alaska is our "happy place" and we need a little happiness right now.

• Like 3

Thanks to the OP for this.  I had not checked the PCL page today.  This round of cancellations includes our May 23 cruise, but I'm fine with it honestly.  We didn't want to sail under mask and other restrictions.  Our final payment was due tomorrow, so good timing for us to that end I guess.  We will probably just go the refund route.  I'm tired of rebooking only to have it cancelled.  Same song, different verse.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

We are in the same boat so to speak and you've described my sentiments exactly.  I'm just wondering why they didn't cancel all of the Alaska cruises.  From the outside looking in, it seems unlikely that Canada will change its mind about allowing cruises on its shores this year, and even more unlikely that the US will suspend the PVSA just to allow cruises in Alaska.  But then Princess may know something that we don't.  I guess we can hope but I would be stunned if our August Alaska cruise actually sails.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Thanks.  It stinks to have our Alaska cruises cancelled two years in a row.  So, in June, we are going to fly into Juneau for a few days and do a couple of our favorite things:  whale watching with our favorite vendor and a Tracy Arm excursion.  Alaska is our "happy place" and we need a little happiness right now.

Good for you.....enjoy every moment in your happy place!

• Like 1

I just looked at re-booking our cruise that was cancel to Alaska on June 26th 2021 to June 25th 2022. Everything the same and its $1297.84 more than the June 26th 2021 cruise that was canceled and I'll be losing $500 in OBC.  It’s going to be devastating to Alaska and the local Seattle economy, losing another cruise season. Cruise ships and the tourists that come into Seattle every cruise ship bring in an estimated $833 million to the local Puget Sound economy.  I feel sorry for those in the cruise ports in Alaska, they are the ones who are going to be impacted the most.

15 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

I just looked at re-booking our cruise that was cancel to Alaska on June 26th 2021 to June 25th 2022. Everything the same and its $1297.84 more than the June 26th 2021 cruise that was canceled and I'll be losing $500 in OBC.  It’s going to be devastating to Alaska and the local Seattle economy, losing another cruise season. Cruise ships and the tourists that come into Seattle every cruise ship bring in an estimated $833 million to the local Puget Sound economy.  I feel sorry for those in the cruise ports in Alaska, they are the ones who are going to be impacted the most.

Unfortunately, Alaska is not alone.  So many countries have been badly impacted this past year and no end in sight, at least in the short term.  Once everyone is vaccinated and the virus under control (if that’s even possible) the world can resume to some normalcy.  Yes, the cruise industry is suffering, but globally it’s a drop in the bucket.  

59 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

I just looked at re-booking our cruise that was cancel to Alaska on June 26th 2021 to June 25th 2022. Everything the same and its $1297.84 more than the June 26th 2021 cruise that was canceled and I'll be losing $500 in OBC.

On a webinar last week, representatives from Princess confirmed that if OBC was part of a booked offer that was cancelled, it would transfer to the new booking when Princess moves it to the next year.  And you shouldn't have to pay extra either.  The goal seems to be that everything is the same so you don't lose anything by shifting to their recommended replacement cruise.  If Princess or your TA told you something different, you may want to give them a call back.

On 3/16/2021 at 2:28 PM, Italy52 said:

We are also booked for August out of Seattle.  I am not holding out much hope, but will wait for official cancellation.

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

On a webinar last week, representatives from Princess confirmed that if OBC was part of a booked offer that was cancelled, it would transfer to the new booking when Princess moves it to the next year.  And you shouldn't have to pay extra either.  The goal seems to be that everything is the same so you don't lose anything by shifting to their recommended replacement cruise.  If Princess or your TA told you something different, you may want to give them a call back.

You, your TA, or the Princess representative may need to talk with Passenger Services to have the OBC added manually. I had an extra $400 OBC on a 2021 booking that Princess cancelled. They did not move me to the 2022 booking - I had already booked it on my own as a backup, so I could get my cabin choice. It was about the same price, so I didn't ask for the price protection. When I explained that I had already booked the same cruise in 2022 and asked for the $400 OBC, the representative talked with Passenger Services, and they added it. This is slightly different, since they did not move me to the cruise a year later - I had already booked it myself.

The Princess system does not completely understand this manually added OBC. It is listed on my Travel Summary with a blank description. It is not listed on the OBC listing on the payments page, but it is included in the total OBC listed under payments. It is available when booking shore excursions.

Booked for the May 25, 2022   14 day Alaska on the Grand Princess.  Does anyone have any idea why all the midship cabins are shown “not available” on the website?

Pretty sure Princess wont give me an answer.

thanks

This question goes out to the TAs on this board or anyone who has had this experience.  With regard to the new group of cancellations where you can shift your 2021 cruise to 2022 and keep all your benefits and current price, what if I want to change my 2021 cruise to one week earlier in 2022. 

For example, my current Alaska cruise is August 21, 2021.  I do see that there is a August 21, 2022 cruise but I would like to push the cruise up a week.  Do you think that Princess would let me do that plus keep my existing pricing and benefits?  Hope I explained it correctly.  Princess has not officially cancelled the cruise although I know it is coming and I am trying to explore my options.

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

This question goes out to the TAs on this board or anyone who has had this experience.  With regard to the new group of cancellations where you can shift your 2021 cruise to 2022 and keep all your benefits and current price, what if I want to change my 2021 cruise to one week earlier in 2022. 

For example, my current Alaska cruise is August 21, 2021.  I do see that there is a August 21, 2022 cruise but I would like to push the cruise up a week.  Do you think that Princess would let me do that plus keep my existing pricing and benefits?  Hope I explained it correctly.  Princess has not officially cancelled the cruise although I know it is coming and I am trying to explore my options.

I'm not a TA but Princess addressed this exact situation in a webinar last week.  They explained that once the cruise was moved to the matching cruise next year, that the new cruise could be moved one week earlier or one week later while remaining protected.  Your TA or Princess should know this and should be able to work with you when / if your cruise cancels.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I'm not a TA but Princess addressed this exact situation in a webinar last week.  They explained that once the cruise was moved to the matching cruise next year, that the new cruise could be moved one week earlier or one week later while remaining protected.  Your TA or Princess should know this and should be able to work with you when / if your cruise cancels.

Or one sailing later or one sailing earlier if the rebooked equivalent cruise was not exactly one week different from the available alternative.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, caribill said:

Or one sailing later or one sailing earlier if the rebooked equivalent cruise was not exactly one week different from the available alternative.

And this was also reiterated during the webinar today.

image.png.019185a268d7b334c871845752eb3486.png

• Thanks 1