P&O vaccine update - both jabs required

Stu UK

Just watched Paul Ludlow on BBC News, he stated that ALL passengers must be vaccinated fully vaccinated including children for the summer coastal cruises.  So that's my plan for a summer break with my family and grandchildren off.  

12 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

Just watched Paul Ludlow on BBC News, he stated that ALL passengers must be vaccinated fully vaccinated including children for the summer coastal cruises.  So that's my plan for a summer break with my family and grandchildren off.  

Me too! J.x

https://www.pocruises.com/ultimate-escape?cid=11aa:12bl:13af:14:15ag:16staycationteaser2:17staycationteaser2video&utm_content=sf243984445&utm_medium=spredfast&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=P&O Cruises&sf243984445=1&fbclid=IwAR06Y7y65ZWq5Vf0KUkqzL9dHzvDd3y0K-Udxj8htUcY6SJbVosSGgGNjwE&otprrf=http_m.facebook.com

Interesting to read that. you have to provide proof, so at the moment it has to be the card you were issued with when the vaccine was administered, as GOV.UK hasn’t yet decided on the vaccination passport.

Also that you MAY have to have a negative COVID-19 test, but that will be done at P&Os expense.

Edited by upwarduk

Its not for us.

BBC article says both jabs are mandatory - fine.

However it also says masks onboard may be required, no! Covid insurance required - erm no..its the UK. And no ports....

No thanks.

I’ve just had the email from P&O from £449 each on Britannia for 3 days. Balcony cabins only. Might be a bit pricey for me. Hubby and I should have the second jab by then but I’m not sure I’ll convince him at that price!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve just had the email from P&O from £449 each on Britannia for 3 days. Balcony cabins only. Might be a bit pricey for me. Hubby and I should have the second jab by then but I’m not sure I’ll convince him at that price!

Agreed.

• Like 1

There is no vaccine authorized for children at the mo. TC says latest gov vaccine requirments which at the mo says children do NOT require the vaccine.

I was born and raised in the westcountry so these cruises are not for us at all. Too expensive, and not stopping. 

Still all those that go, hope you all enjoy

That is a no for me then, if they are not requiring the crew to be vaccinated. 

Organised excursions to Liverpool- I can spend an hour on a train and visit without spending ££S on an excursion. 
Why only Liverpool , why no visits to Cornish towns?

Thinking about it, you would probably have to tender.

Edited by upwarduk

It’s a Yes from me, I long to feel the motion and sounds of a cruise ship, and after a year at home, waking up to a different view sounds wonderful. 

As the ships will have to reduce capacity and add additional protocols I think the prices are fair, actually a little less then I thought they would be. 

I am sure the crew will be vaccinated where possible, but by saying they will have regular testing etc, it covers those who may be exempt from the vaccine. 

my only issue will be booking one of the cruises, am hoping to transfer an existing booking so won’t be able to use the website and will be on the phone.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

There is no vaccine authorized for children at the mo. TC says latest gov vaccine requirments which at the mo says children do NOT require the vaccine.

I was born and raised in the westcountry so these cruises are not for us at all. Too expensive, and not stopping. 

Still all those that go, hope you all enjoy

The actual wording states the following, and I take the term "requirements" to mean UK government policy, despite what Ludlow says. 

"There is no age restriction on this series of UK coastal cruises but all guests of all ages must meet the requirements of the Covid-19 vaccination policy."

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

That is a no for me then, if they are not requiring the crew to be vaccinated. 

Organised excursions to Liverpool- I can spend an hour on a train and visit without spending ££S on an excursion. 
Why only Liverpool , why no visits to Cornish towns?

Thinking about it, you would probably have to tender.

Sorry, I can't see any of the itineraries for the new cruises including a stop in Liverpool.  Where did you find that information? 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

https://www.pocruises.com/ultimate-escape?cid=11aa:12bl:13af:14:15ag:16staycationteaser2:17staycationteaser2video&utm_content=sf243984445&utm_medium=spredfast&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=P&O Cruises&sf243984445=1&fbclid=IwAR06Y7y65ZWq5Vf0KUkqzL9dHzvDd3y0K-Udxj8htUcY6SJbVosSGgGNjwE&otprrf=http_m.facebook.com

Interesting to read that. you have to provide proof, so at the moment it has to be the card you were issued with when the vaccine was administered, as GOV.UK hasn’t yet decided on the vaccination passport.

Also that you MAY have to have a negative COVID-19 test, but that will be done at P&Os expense.

I wonder if in time details of the vaccine will be a question added to Travel Insurance policies,  that would make sense to me as potentially if fully vaccinated you would be a lower risk.  The information could then be added to your certificate of Insurance as proof. 

7 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Thanks - I missed that. Just the very last cruise then, so very much a one off, when hopefully the full cruise programme will be restarting. 

23 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The actual wording states the following, and I take the term "requirements" to mean UK government policy, despite what Ludlow says. 

"There is no age restriction on this series of UK coastal cruises but all guests of all ages must meet the requirements of the Covid-19 vaccination policy."

I thought that initially but it needs clarity. Is it P&O policy or UK government. who knows?

16 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

I wonder if in time details of the vaccine will be a question added to Travel Insurance policies,  that would make sense to me as potentially if fully vaccinated you would be a lower risk.  The information could then be added to your certificate of Insurance as proof. 

Lots of insurance policy’s now have COVID exceptions, at least in terms of cancellations. Given that insurance covers all medical incidents the chances of a  individual needing treatment for COVID as opposed to accidents or other medical incidents probably doesn’t effect the risk of them having to pay out enough to reduce the cost hugely.

Edited by Riddoch

2 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

I thought that initially but it needs clarity. Is it P&O policy or UK government. who knows?

There is no (published) UK government policy or they would have been very clear to reference it.
By all questions referring to the “policy” it makes the page easier to update as they only have to make any updates in one place and the rest of the page stays the same.

1 minute ago, Riddoch said:

Lots of insurance policy’s now have COVID exceptions, at least in terms of cancellations. Given that insurance covers all medical incidents the chances of a  individual needing treatment for COVID as opposed to accidents or other medical probables doesn’t effect the risk of them having to pay out enough to reduce the cost hugely.

I totally agree, but as you now have to produce your Travel Insurance certificate at check in, if Vaccine was listed, in the same way as pre existing conditions are, it would be one less piece of paper to produce.  In the case of emergency it would also be useful medical history for anyone treating you. 

1 hour ago, Hawkley said:

Its not for us.

BBC article says both jabs are mandatory - fine.

However it also says masks onboard may be required, no! Covid insurance required - erm no..its the UK. And no ports....

No thanks.

P&O medical centre isn't NHS. Break your ankle and who do you think will pay? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thanks - I missed that. Just the very last cruise then, so very much a one off, when hopefully the full cruise programme will be restarting. 

Interestingly ‘vetted ship shore excursions only’ too for this Liverpool stop. We should be way out of restrictions by then so this shocked me! 

I bet they have another reason why they are making only 1 port call on the last of these sailings.