P&O vaccine update - both jabs required

Stu UK

Just now, jeanlyon said:

Not sure I understand why it would be organised tours only, when the UK has totally opened up and there are no restrictions?

To protect the unvaccinated crew from virus brought aboard by passengers

the sooner they vaccinate the crew the better

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well certainly none of that interests us at all.  Going to try and look forward to our October 19 nighter on Aurora.

Me too Jean.  Our 19 night Arcadia is also pppn cheaper too😉

Avril

2 hours ago, fragilek said:

No cards issued here in Scotland.  I have nothing at all to prove I have had the vaccine.  It will be on my medical records that is all 

We hope it will be on our medical records, and I can just imagine our practice’s response to 5000 of their patients wanting a gp  letter to prove vaccination. I am not confident that we will get any evidence of vaccination in time for holidays abroad this year, and at this point in time it’s not entirely clear when we could even go to England given the different stance between their government regarding overseas travel, and the Scottish government’s recent statements . 

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

P&O medical centre isn't NHS. Break your ankle and who do you think will pay? 

I am well aware of that thanks for your input and also have worldwide travel cover. 

Covid cover - different thing entirely.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

There has to something wrong here, as children aren't being vaccinated, so that set me thinking. I'm trying to be as tactful as possible here without causing offense, but could it be that they would prefer to start the first trial cruises with adults only, as children can unknowingly carry the virus. If they were to ban certain ages outright there would be an uproar, so stating 'vaccinated passengers only' would cover them. Just my thoughts.

Avril

Think they are just been ultra cautious because if they don’t and there is Covid on board they will get slated for not been cautious enough. Hopefully all will go well and cruises will open up as normal soon 

Michelle 

4 minutes ago, davecttr said:

To protect the unvaccinated crew from virus brought aboard by passengers

the sooner they vaccinate the crew the better

Good point,best and quickest solution for P&O is to purchase the "Johnson & Johnson" one hit vaccine and get the crew done.I'm sure this will be done by sept.,if not it's a big minus for us and excursions.

• Like 1

It was reported here in the US that they will also require masks and "social distancing"; even though every single person will be fully vaccinated. It is my opinion that anyone that rewards a business with their money while a business is enforcing such idiotic rules...is part of the problem. The only way we get our life back is if we collectively refuse to be treated like farm animals. People have a right to feel differently, but markets are efficient and if you give them your money under these terms...you will get more of the same. 

8 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Think they are just been ultra cautious because if they don’t and there is Covid on board they will get slated for not been cautious enough. Hopefully all will go well and cruises will open up as normal soon 

Michelle 

I know they are. That's why they want vaccinated adults only on board and no childern, hence  the carefully worded statement of 'vaccinated passengers only.' I agree with the way they are trying to carefully open up cruising again, baby steps.

Avril

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VACruiser123 said:

It was reported here in the US that they will also require masks and "social distancing"; even though every single person will be fully vaccinated. It is my opinion that anyone that rewards a business with their money while a business is enforcing such idiotic rules...is part of the problem. The only way we get our life back is if we collectively refuse to be treated like farm animals. People have a right to feel differently, but markets are efficient and if you give them your money under these terms...you will get more of the same. 

When you say,"farm animals",is that two legged or four,maybe both.

9 minutes ago, VACruiser123 said:

Thank you for your well balanced  reply. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I will be quite surprised if the single cabins are less than 160 - 175% of the per person in a twin/double and if the sole occupancy rate for a double isn't 200% of it.

That's my worry. I have a horrible feeling it's going to be 200% for a double. I've seen one of the singles on Britannia. Never mind swing a  cat - there's not enough room for all my make-up! They are seriously claustrophobic. Jane.x

2 minutes ago, VACruiser123 said:

Hmm...Whichever type prefers to be herded about...however many legs they possess.😏

I use to work on a farm many years ago and i tell you now that trying to heard up a dozen chickens or geese is near on impossible.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Only the last cruise stops at Liverpool (evening only) and organised tours only.

Thanks wowzz I’ve just found the list now on the website, though I went back again and I can’t find it!!

I hope anyone who goes reports back for us.

Edited by P&O SUE

2 minutes ago, WECRUISEUK said:

I use to work on a farm many years ago and i tell you now that trying to heard up a dozen chickens or geese is near on impossible.

Right about that...so more like geese and less like...oh I don't know...sheep???

39 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Not sure I understand why it would be organised tours only, when the UK has totally opened up and there are no restrictions?

I don't either, but I'm only the messenger. Don't shoot me!

40 minutes ago, davecttr said:

How many balcony cabins does Iona have?

Looking at the deck plans, she has loads of balcony cabins but I can only see 12 that appear to be single cabins - three less than Britannia.

16 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

enforcing such idiotic rules.

Just your opinion.

Others amongst us would say that the ruies are eminently sensible, and would not support those businesses that are not taking sufficiently stringent precautions.

• Like 5

Just now, wowzz said:

Just your opinion.

Others amongst us would say that the ruies are eminently sensible, and would not support those businesses that are not taking sufficiently stringent precautions.

OK...and others will say "eminently sensible" against...what? Exactly? There is the rub, I can assure you that there are many, many people that will refuse to spend hard earned vacation money in order to be placed in such an environment. You, of course, are free to believe that the cruise industry can thrive without us...but I doubt that very much.

31 minutes ago, VACruiser123 said:

I think you'll find that your views are very much in the minority in the UK.

• Like 10