Royal sailing from Bahamas this summer

3 minutes ago, Tapi said:

In my humble opinion yes. As the cruise industry ramps up again, I think it’s very wise to be overly cautious initially and then ease up on these protocols and restrictions. Any setback could cripple the entire cruise industry further. I’d rather see the cruise lines take a more conservative approach at this time. 

I know. It’s not fun. But for those who are willing to be participants, it’s a thrilling turn of events. 

I would love it if they could afford to test everyone every two to three days. If the test at home kits become available, that would be easy to do. Just because you are vaccinated it does not mean you won't get the virus or some variant of it. 

I have cruise during a Norwalk virus outbreak and it will ruin a great vacation.

6 minutes ago, Tapi said:

In my humble opinion yes. As the cruise industry ramps up again, I think it’s very wise to be overly cautious initially and then ease up on these protocols and restrictions. Any setback could cripple the entire cruise industry further. I’d rather see the cruise lines take a more conservative approach at this time. 

I know. It’s not fun. But for those who are willing to be participants, it’s a thrilling turn of events. 

I agree...even allowing unvaccinated people on board the first few months is a big big risk. They are playing with fire on this one IMO. 

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I know it's a long shot, but any chance that the health and safety protocols information gathered from the Adventure and Millennium sailing could be used to satisfy the "test cruise" requirements?   As well as Odyssey & Quantum.

I realize the last 2 are slightly different situation with residency bubbles but many of the health protocols are still the same.

I honestly have no idea other than I think the test cruises, when they happen will be entirely different in scope than what they were originally planned.  The biggest thig now is that we will be sailing with all passengers vaccinated vs the initial plan of resuming sailing with unvaccinated passengers....huge difference in terms of risk

• Like 3

It is about time the Cruise Lines realize they are being screwed over by the CDC and that the CDC really wants to bring the cruise lines to their knees so they will flag in the US and be under US employment rules (with the ability too unionize). So hip-hip hooray for the RCL & X .... hopefully the other lines will see the light and also begin moving cruise away from the US.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

They're following science.

And outside of this little microcosm of cruise fanatics, they have a big public perception issue. If one ship has a Princess repeat they are in trouble. 

Edited by paulh84
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, dandi799 said:

Can I assume that this means that August cruises will not be heading out from Miami? I’ve been holding out hope that my august cruise on Symphony might happen, but this is making me pretty sure it’s a no. 

I was beginning to get optimistic about my late October cruise on Allure. Based on this info I guess there is no need in making the final payment. Maybe we are better off taking the money we would have spent for our suite on Allure and just renting a house on the FL panhandle, at least there is a beach.

• Like 1

That is exactly what I am saying. I am not scared I am practical. I love cruising and want to cruise. If it means taking every precaution necessary to keep cruising then yes I will do it.  I think reckless people should stay home. They are ones that are ruining it for everyone else. 

So you truly believe since you are vaccinated that there is no way you can get the virus. Please read and follow the science. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That looks like a Bahamas requirement. Plus the vaccine cards are so easily fabricated.

But I imagine that is what they will need to see.  IF there really is going to be sailing in June it doesn't seem like enough time to get some kind of universal database for the vaccine info

Just now, pinnacleking2021 said:

so you don't think that forcing people to wear mask on there cruise and getting tested constantly and requiring a vaccine ( I don't have an issue with the vaccine) is a bit extreme? 

That's your opinion and I have mine but I will jump through hoops to be able to cruise again

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

And outside of this little microcosm of cruise fanatics, they have a big public perception issue. If one ship has a Princess repeat they are in trouble. 

This is so true. If this experiment goes south it will be a long time before we can cruise again.

5 minutes ago, thewebbys said:

This is so true. If this experiment goes south it will be a long time before we can cruise again.

I guess they may be getting to a point, either try it now or the whole company will go bust anyway............I would be cashing in my stocks now if I had any. I would not take a chance of losing everything now if this goes up in flames !

Time to throw caution to wind as someone said!

If we would have to fly to the Bahamas to cruise, might as well just stay on the island, heck with cruising is my opinion for those port callings.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

I guess they may be getting to a point, either try it now or the whole company will go bust anyway............I would be cashing in my stocks now if I had any. I would not take a chance of losing everything now if this goes up in flames !

I agree. Let all pray to who you choose, that this is success. 

3 minutes ago, thewebbys said:

My question is: Who has booked one of these cruises? I can see the cost of airfare going up as we type.

Have you seen airfare lately?

I have a Disney trip in June and the fares are $350+. I've also been looking at Vegas in April and they have doubled in the past month.

I think it will go up at first but then settle down as more and more flights are opened.

We booked a June 2022 cruise out of Galveston so we can drive to the port.

Edited by Ratt

In my opinion, these announcements from several cruise lines is going to increase pressure on the CDC. Moving these ships away from U.S. homeports will significantly affect the economy of the port cities. Obviously that is already happening, but this is a sign that ships could leave U.S. ports permanently. I expect a strong increase of pushback from the affected cities and states. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

oh wow so u need to test before enjoying each port as well WOW

I think nassau has a testing requirement fo fly in.

I meant to board says vaccine or test.

Read the last line.

20210319_114730661.jpeg

Edited by firefly333