Well, they finally removed my points.

reeinaz

I am going to check but I can't remember my NCL password I think it was DSC1595perDay2ndincreasesincebooking  but cant remember . Maybe it was FDRnickelanddime who knows

I was so close to going on the cruise and getting enough points for 2 strawberries and a free bag of laundry 😞 This would have been helpful for a longer cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HowardK said:

I am going to check but I can't remember my NCL password I think it was DSC1595perDay2ndincreasesincebooking  but cant remember . Maybe it was FDRnickelanddime who knows

I was so close to going on the cruise and getting enough points for 2 strawberries and a free bag of laundry 😞 This would have been helpful for a longer cruise. 

HowardK - Found the password,  FrankandHarryComedyhour

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HowardK said:

🤣  That said, I would be more interested in the dinners at Cagney's, etc. and another 5% - 10% off shore excursions.  Both of those are essentially $$$. 🤑 

• Like 1

Well, darn, mine are gone, too !  I hadn't checked on them in a while because we haven't had a chance to add to them since our last cruise a year ago.  We've had an extra 28 phantom points on our accounts since they cancelled our March 2020 Spirit cruise.  As of today those points have vanished.  It really doesn't make much difference to us,  since my wife and I have been Platinum Plus since they first introduced that level in 2017.  The gap between Platinum Plus and Ambassador is so great that I really doubt we will ever get that free cruise.  I do sympathize with those who now find themselves further away from that next level of perks.  It might have been nice if NCL let passengers keep the points as compensation for the disappointment of cancellation, though. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CroozFanatic said:

So much more powerful when you put the "" around the 0.

well whether or not you like the quotation marks, at least make an effort to comment on the question, or would you have preferred !!!!!!!.  regardless, dont complain about losing something you were never entitled to receive. under the same argument, I lost 30 points when my cruise was cancelled last march,  by the way, if by accident your bank put $500 in your checking account, then caught the error,would you still complain?  what if you noticed it quickly and pent the money?

meanwhile enjoy " "

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 9:51 PM, DaCruiseBug said:

Seems quite silly to me that NCL is spending man hours and resources to remove latitude points from cruises 1 year ago. Would have been a nice gesture for them to just leave them, especially those that had their cruise cancelled 1-2 days before they were supposed to sail. 

could have at least allowed Half the points to remain for all the trouble we've been through trying to stick with NCL.....    Great Business Decision !!!         

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 9:51 PM, DaCruiseBug said:

Seems quite silly to me that NCL is spending man hours and resources to remove latitude points from cruises 1 year ago. Would have been a nice gesture for them to just leave them, especially those that had their cruise cancelled 1-2 days before they were supposed to sail. 

More like man minutes.  It would take one good programmer about 5-10 minutes to write a script to accomplish the task. So the resources would be 10 minutes wear and tear on a computer and whatever that programmer earns for 10 minutes of work.  HUGE expindutre as such a time! 😛

7 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

More like man minutes.  It would take one good programmer about 5-10 minutes to write a script to accomplish the task. So the resources would be 10 minutes wear and tear on a computer and whatever that programmer earns for 10 minutes of work.  HUGE expindutre as such a time! 😛

I have a question. Does NCL supply your pom-poms or do you go out and custom order them online and pay for them out of pocket?

2 hours ago, DaCruiseBug said:

I have a question. Does NCL supply your pom-poms or do you go out and custom order them online and pay for them out of pocket?

Sounds like you speak from a place of experience. Who pays you to be so anti-NCL? Is it Royal Caribbean? Carnival? Who exactly?

1 minute ago, SeaShark said:

Sounds like you speak from a place of experience. Who pays you to be so anti-NCL? Is it Royal Caribbean? Carnival? Who exactly?

I'm not anti-NCL. I'm anti-NCL taking advantage of people and cutting corners left and right more than any other cruise lines.

Try stepping outside of the "I love NCL" box from time to time. They have a sub-par product, sub-par customer service, and charge above average. Yet people keep booking NCL and defending NCL. It's like the people who book directly with the cruise line who think they're getting the best deal because they don't have to pay a travel agent. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

I'm not anti-NCL. I'm anti-NCL taking advantage of people and cutting corners left and right more than any other cruise lines.

Try stepping outside of the "I love NCL" box from time to time. They have a sub-par product, sub-par customer service, and charge above average. Yet people keep booking NCL and defending NCL. It's like the people who book directly with the cruise line who think they're getting the best deal because they don't have to pay a travel agent. 

Not anti-NCL? Could have fooled me. What is "sub-par product, sub-par customer service, and charge above average" if not anti-NCL?

You certainly seem like an advocate with an axe to grind. Again, which of NCL's competitors is paying you to post this kind of stuff? If you weren't being paid, you really wouldn't be spending any time here given your opinion of the line....you would be posting on a board for a cruise line that you like instead of wasting your time on the board for one you have such a low opinion of.

51 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Not anti-NCL? Could have fooled me. What is "sub-par product, sub-par customer service, and charge above average" if not anti-NCL?

You certainly seem like an advocate with an axe to grind. Again, which of NCL's competitors is paying you to post this kind of stuff? If you weren't being paid, you really wouldn't be spending any time here given your opinion of the line....you would be posting on a board for a cruise line that you like instead of wasting your time on the board for one you have such a low opinion of.

If RCCL/CCL were paying those who exposed NCL for their crappy product and awful business practices then they'd both go out of business.

Edited by DaCruiseBug
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, CaptainHazelwood said:

Well, yeah, but they DO have great drink packages!!  😄🥳

(see my signature)

Oh yes how could we possibly forget about the "free" Premium Drink package...the one you pay $200 in fees for and is the only drink package in the industry (to my knowledge) that doesn't even include bottled water. LOL!

• Like 2

specifically for da cruise bug. you dont like the product, the service or the price, real simple, use another cruise line.

i dont know (and dont really care) what your criteria is for a cruise, mine is itinerary and price.  if i need to shell out a few extra dollars to go where i want, that's ok. we're platinum plus, been on 18 ncl cruises since 2010, and no, i am not an ncl cheerleader, but ive only been disappointed once on all those trips. i had a haven aft stateroom onthe epic, and the round bed took up almost the entire cabin, and the bathroom/shower arrangement sucked. 

if you dont like the ncl  dont use it, 

i dont find anything wrong with their customer service, the concierge gets me on board/ the cabin steward and butler introduce themselves right away, i veg out in my cabin, and im happy for the ret of the cruise. there is really nothing else i need from any one in the customer service dept

and though i concede that in the 18 cruises ive taken with ncl, whatever minor problems or mishaps have occurred, they were quickly resolved, and of no real consequence.

so please stop complaining, no one is forcing you to book with norwegian

1 hour ago, DaCruiseBug said:

Oh yes how could we possibly forget about the "free" Premium Drink package...the one you pay $200 in fees for and is the only drink package in the industry (to my knowledge) that doesn't even include bottled water. LOL!

🤣  You amuse me!  Perhaps you could use a drink??  (I'm not talking about bottled water....)

Lighten up Francis.

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

specifically for da cruise bug. you dont like the product, the service or the price, real simple, use another cruise line.

i dont know (and dont really care) what your criteria is for a cruise, mine is itinerary and price.  if i need to shell out a few extra dollars to go where i want, that's ok. we're platinum plus, been on 18 ncl cruises since 2010, and no, i am not an ncl cheerleader, but ive only been disappointed once on all those trips. i had a haven aft stateroom onthe epic, and the round bed took up almost the entire cabin, and the bathroom/shower arrangement sucked. 

if you dont like the ncl  dont use it, 

i dont find anything wrong with their customer service, the concierge gets me on board/ the cabin steward and butler introduce themselves right away, i veg out in my cabin, and im happy for the ret of the cruise. there is really nothing else i need from any one in the customer service dept

and though i concede that in the 18 cruises ive taken with ncl, whatever minor problems or mishaps have occurred, they were quickly resolved, and of no real consequence.

so please stop complaining, no one is forcing you to book with norwegian

I haven't said I don't like the product. I actually haven't had issues onboard any of the NCL cruises i've taken. My issues are more with their policies, actions, and way of doing business.

Does the actual NCL product suck? No, it doesn't. I'd say it's about average overall compared to the competition. I did however notice a downgrade in the qualify of the food on our last NCL cruise.

So what's the problem? Well, I guess i'm really irritated with how their decisions to increase cruise prices by 50-100% after their customers chose to give NCL interest free loans in exchange for future cruise credits. No other cruise line has increased pricing as much as NCL.

It's nearly impossible to book a 7 night Caribbean sailing on NCL in a balcony cabin for under $3k for 2 people. Most are actually closer to the $4k figure.

Meanwhile I can still book an MSC balcony cabin for about $500 per person or even the brand new Celebrity Apex (all-inclusive) for about $2,600 total.

Surely we can all agree that the product Celebrity offers (and delivers) is miles ahead of anything Norwegian offers. If you deny this, then you're just lying to yourself.

So why keep sailing with NCL? Oh trust me, I won't. I have a cruise booked that is using up all my FCC and after that NCL won't see me unless they make some major changes with their "business culture".

But hey...i'm sure the NCL cheerleaders will keep paying Ferrari prices for a Chevy.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

I haven't said I don't like the product. I actually haven't had issues onboard any of the NCL cruises i've taken. My issues are more with their policies, actions, and way of doing business.

Does the actual NCL product suck? No, it doesn't. I'd say it's about average overall compared to the competition. I did however notice a downgrade in the qualify of the food on our last NCL cruise.

So what's the problem? Well, I guess i'm really irritated with how their decisions to increase cruise prices by 50-100% after their customers chose to give NCL interest free loans in exchange for future cruise credits. No other cruise line has increased pricing as much as NCL.

It's nearly impossible to book a 7 night Caribbean sailing on NCL in a balcony cabin for under $3k for 2 people. Most are actually closer to the $4k figure.

Meanwhile I can still book an MSC balcony cabin for about $500 per person or even the brand new Celebrity Apex (all-inclusive) for about $2,600 total.

Surely we can all agree that the product Celebrity offers (and delivers) is miles ahead of anything Norwegian offers. If you deny this, then you're just lying to yourself.

So why keep sailing with NCL? Oh trust me, I won't. I have a cruise booked that is using up all my FCC and after that NCL won't see me unless they make some major changes with their "business culture".

But hey...i'm sure the NCL cheerleaders will keep paying Ferrari prices for a Chevy.

First rule of holes.  When you're in a hole, quit digging.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DaCruiseBug said:

If RCCL/CCL were paying those who exposed NCL for their crappy product and awful business practices then they'd both go out of business.

11 hours ago, DaCruiseBug said:

Hmmm...there seems to be some contradiction in your stated opinion as highlighted above. You haven't said you don't like it, but you have said it is "crappy"? So, are you saying you like "crappy"?

You say the actual product doesn't suck, but you refer to the product as "crappy"?

Call me skeptical. 🙄

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, DaCruiseBug said:

HA HA HA so when someone makes a valid point that is contradictory to your view this is the best reply you can come up with?  I was responding to a post that stated that stated NCL was using man hours of resources in an unwise manner.  I pointed out how foolish his point was.  That would be the same no matter what company was being discussed.  Any good programmer who had knowledge of the database  structure in question could write the required SQL in mere minutes.  If you have something valid and of value to add to the discussion please  feel free to start doing so at any time.

20 hours ago, DaCruiseBug said:

it was $122 in gratuities -one had to be drunk half the day to get a good value from it lol

I wrote them a note asking to give back the 7 points they took that I didn't deserve. I explained I didn't cancel the cruise they did. Hoping I'll get a new employee who decides to give me the points.

It would push my 3 away from platinum and then i get the free laundry bag quicker, maybe 2024 or early 2025 at the latest once we can sail. 

of course, cruises will be $4,000 by then for a studio (after 40% discount but take all free 7 promos-

they are adding a pool chair tag, and buffet udp I heard)

• Like 1