Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

8 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve seen reports on the book of faces that people were turned away because they didn’t have proof of vaccination!! If true, how mad are you not to bring it?!

Maybe that’s why 22 short of the 1000 pax!!

I wonder if they were trying to get on board without the two jabs or if they just left the paperwork behind….🙄

3 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I wonder if they were trying to get on board without the two jabs or if they just left the paperwork behind….🙄

Post Office Covid-19 Travel Insurance won't cover the above. Exclusions clause 30 "Any claim which arises directly or indirectly from you not being allowed to board a flight, train, sea vessel, coach or bus, for any reason".

Some insurers will cover this, I guess you have to study the Small Print.

24 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

One of the reports I saw said they’d brought their little cardboard cards from the vaccination. Obviously people who don’t come on here or use social media! 

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

One of the reports I saw said they’d brought their little cardboard cards from the vaccination. Obviously people who don’t come on here or use social media! 

Also apparently sone didn’t take their passport and one lady tested positive. 

2 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

Hi All,

we made it! MX I see you have been posting but not had time to catch up, but wanted to get a post up whilst we had 5 minutes. 

im not going to make this negative, but I am going to be honest, and my first bit of advice, if you have a later check in time, be grateful and stick to it 😏

we were parking with CPS so our testing was at Mayflower.

Our time was 12.30 we arrived at 12:31 but no one checked this.

we were directed to a Carnival employee, who asked to see our passport and proof of vaccine, the QR code was not scanned. 

we then proceeded to testing all in the comfort of our car.  Windows down swabs up the nose, a person at each window.  I did ask if I could do it but was told that wasn’t allowed.  Testing was efficient.

however, and I can now hear you laughing!!! The P&O system has gone wrong and our mobile numbers ( which you had to have to receive test results) , had not pulled through,  so we were given blue wrist bands and a barcode, as rejects 🤣

in to the terminal no issue waiting for CPS by 12:50. , in terminal 5 minutes later.  Up escalator to a podium through health questionnaire,  asked if we had our paperwork, then to another lady who glanced at Insurance, basically just checked the name and date. We were then ushered  to a rejects pen, I will post more about this shambles in a more in depth review,

vanessa from Carnival you are a star, doing the job of the 20 people who should have been helping you. 

Every so often test results came through for the rejects and a member of staff wandered the lines to match up the barcodes. We were then allowed to check in.  This was passport, boarding card and a check that your uploaded security photo was you.  Then your boarding card is stamped with okay to board. Then to the security wait, where we waited 1 hour 30 mins! 

we got on board after 2:45. From our balcony I can see the air bridge and people now seem to be boarding as they arrive. 

staff on board are very happy to see us.

captain is new to me, Marcin Banach,

limelight is open with Eric & Ern.

speciality dining, is 50% off tonight.

Epicurean £14pp, sindu £8,50pp Limelight £12:50pp. 

loyalty club sail away drinks available, 

my holiday began as soon as we stepped on board, Britannia is looking beautiful ❤️

oh yes the My Holiday app is easy to access and use, however it refuses to allow us to stay logged in! No surprise there 😏

You say that because you were parking with CPS you got tested at Mayflower, I thought that the ship departed from Ocean Terminal?

2 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

You say that because you were parking with CPS you got tested at Mayflower, I thought that the ship departed from Ocean Terminal?

If you are parking with CPS you drive to Mayflower where they have a testing centre where you stay in your car and then proceed to your departure terminal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great information from everyone onboard! 

I can see from photos that a lot of seating areas have the “do not sit here” for the social distancing- and it appears to be favourable for those in a party of 2. Are there tables that seat more than 2? I am travelling in a cabin with my parents and don’t want to be sat on a separate table when having a drink! 

If the reports of some people been able to board without been asked to demonstrate proof of vaccine (remember P&Os rules say they should have had a 2nd dose 7 days ago ... already a little lax IMO) it has put me off considering P&O. Hopefully the reports get followed up with some investigation by the port, PHE or other authority and steps taken to ensure it doesn't happen again.

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Thanks for the link Phil - just caught up with some of the departure. Good to see some cruising return and I hope those on board have a great time. Fingers crossed the weather improves for them. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

You would hope, but try telling that to the woman behind me,  who insisted her sunflower lanyard meant she didn’t have to wear a mask. Despite in every email it saying Face Masks are Mandatory, NO exceptions.  She insisted this didn’t apply to her, thankfully the staff said it does, No exception is no exception.  She didn’t have a panic attack, faint and wasn’t sick as she threatened to be. 

Good to hear to hear that staff are enforcing this rule.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bertie Doe said:

Those who've booked a Staycation on Iona can get a glimpse at Soton Live-cam. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYv1pL-mRmA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYv1pL-mRmA

You know whats funny? I never knew that there live cams on youtube. How to find them? In any case, I doubt there will be people constantly watching the live cam waiting for the ship to arrive. I mean the scenary in general is quite boring. There are no other ships and rarely you will see a car drive by 

Just now, Son of Anarchy said:

Was this at the Welcome on Board Reception for Med and above tiers and Suites. The one that was previously a buffet?

If so this is nice!

Celebrity do a sit down meal on embarkation for Concierge class which is lovely. A civilised start to the holiday! 

17 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

Hi All,

we made it! MX I see you have been posting but not had time to catch up, but wanted to get a post up whilst we had 5 minutes. 

im not going to make this negative, but I am going to be honest, and my first bit of advice, if you have a later check in time, be grateful and stick to it 😏

we were parking with CPS so our testing was at Mayflower.

Our time was 12.30 we arrived at 12:31 but no one checked this.

we were directed to a Carnival employee, who asked to see our passport and proof of vaccine, the QR code was not scanned. 

we then proceeded to testing all in the comfort of our car.  Windows down swabs up the nose, a person at each window.  I did ask if I could do it but was told that wasn’t allowed.  Testing was efficient.

however, and I can now hear you laughing!!! The P&O system has gone wrong and our mobile numbers ( which you had to have to receive test results) , had not pulled through,  so we were given blue wrist bands and a barcode, as rejects 🤣

in to the terminal no issue waiting for CPS by 12:50. , in terminal 5 minutes later.  Up escalator to a podium through health questionnaire,  asked if we had our paperwork, then to another lady who glanced at Insurance, basically just checked the name and date. We were then ushered  to a rejects pen, I will post more about this shambles in a more in depth review,

vanessa from Carnival you are a star, doing the job of the 20 people who should have been helping you. 

Every so often test results came through for the rejects and a member of staff wandered the lines to match up the barcodes. We were then allowed to check in.  This was passport, boarding card and a check that your uploaded security photo was you.  Then your boarding card is stamped with okay to board. Then to the security wait, where we waited 1 hour 30 mins! 

we got on board after 2:45. From our balcony I can see the air bridge and people now seem to be boarding as they arrive. 

staff on board are very happy to see us.

captain is new to me, Marcin Banach,

limelight is open with Eric & Ern.

speciality dining, is 50% off tonight.

Epicurean £14pp, sindu £8,50pp Limelight £12:50pp. 

loyalty club sail away drinks available, 

my holiday began as soon as we stepped on board, Britannia is looking beautiful ❤️

oh yes the My Holiday app is easy to access and use, however it refuses to allow us to stay logged in! No surprise there 😏

Sounds horrendous to be honest! Will await your full review with interest.

Glad you finally got to board and are now, I hope, having the most relaxing time.

15 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Or read the email P&O send you every week, or the check in documents. It really was all very clear. 

• Like 4

@Pink-belleI apologise if I got the tone of your post incorrect but non of our issues were caused by use arriving early. Several people from our hotel were advised to get a taxi at 10:15, we all thought it was odd but took the advise. On arrival at the port the Covid test was taken straight away they we were ask to wait in an area till 11:30, no problem as we were early. At 11:20 we were instructed to take our luggage to the luggage drops. Here the officials had no idea what to do! After a few radio messages things started to move. Back to the waiting area and then called upstairs at 11:30 and let the mayhem begin. On chatting to the “privileged” boarding group while waiting an hour and a half for the ship to be ready not one of us had shown proof of jabs or travel insurance details.

53 minutes ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

Sounds horrendous to be honest! Will await your full review with interest.

Glad you finally got to board and are now, I hope, having the most relaxing time.

It was rubbish! I was happy to have an early embarkation time, in hindsight I am hoping for 2:30 for Iona.  Will then go for a nice lunch in Southampton, then amble over for testing. 

sailaway was emotional with even the captain admitting to a tear in his eye. It was wet but not cold, so still enjoyable. 

staff on board can’t do enough for us.

drink menus are small, and shock horror no Gin cocktail menu in the Crows Nest!

although spoke to one server who said they would happily make a “Laverstoke” but might not have the correct garnish, so might try and order one later. 

Dinner in Epicurean was superb last night. We only tend to visit this restaurant for special occasions to keep it feeling special, but the half price offer tempted us. 

There was no turn down service last night, beds are still very comfortable, but didn’t expect to have a leaking shower head, as surely they would have had extensive cleaning? that should have been fixed this morning. 
it must have been very foggy last night if the fog horn was anything to go by. Woke up at  7 to glorious sunshine just off coast of Portland,  now just off Lyme Regis,

used My Holiday to book breakfast, no issue and very good. 
Attended 9am  guest lecture, and then cancelled everything else booked for the day, until the 8:30 show. 
lots of quizzes and bits added to the daily programme. So no need to be bored.  As the weather is good today going to enjoy being outside.

I think I mentioned before that I wouldn’t have “picked” our allocated room, and my fears were correct, you can smell the smoke, from Java smoking area.  Plus a bit of a knob next door who had a blue tooth speaker making us all suffer his music choice, but if course that could happen anywhere 🥴

All in all life feels pretty perfect, so glad to be onboard.  
no lift issues, 4 people allowed with fits to stand on. 
seat markings are good,to allow distancing.  

serenity is just that serene and perfect. 

• Like 13