Future Cruise Credits

Zavcruise

Is anyone else having trouble using their FCC. I am having a terrible time with Celebrity. Usually my favorite cruise line but after hours of phone calls and emails I can't get a straight answer about my cruise credit amount. This is being a hugely frustrating experience. 

You might get more replies by posting this on the Celebrity board, rather than News.

I can only comment on our MSC FCCs, which were posted to our TA, then emailed to us with the amount and conditions noted.  When we later booked two cruises, our TA applied them, with our account statement listing leftover amounts available.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 5:18 PM, Zavcruise said:

Is anyone else having trouble using their FCC. I am having a terrible time with Celebrity. Usually my favorite cruise line but after hours of phone calls and emails I can't get a straight answer about my cruise credit amount. This is being a hugely frustrating experience. 

@Zavcruise

Howdy! emo22.gif

To help you out, I have moved your thread to a more correct forum. Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!  emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

As I posted on another forum, Celebrity audited their FCC amounts.  Those of us who received small mysterious refunds on cancelled cruises may find their FCC has been adjusted to allow Celebrity to reclaim the funds.  Rather than reversing the credit issued on a card, they are reducing FCCs.  Celebrity is not notifying the affected customers or TAs of these actions.  We only found out when we rolled over a FCC to a new cruise.  In our case, they refunded $200 to my card, but tried to short the FCC by over $600. It drove me crazy, but I was finally able to sort through old credit card statements and invoices to straighten it out.  Celebrity dropped their unknown $400 mystery charge when I produced the documents. Finding the card statements from 2017 was sheer luck.  Helpful hint, save every statement that reflects a cruise payment or refund as well as the emails issuing the FCCs.

• Like 1

For us, so far so good. We only had FCCs for one fully paid cancelled cruise though.

We were able to apply our FCCs on an upcoming June 2022 cruise. We were even lucky enough to apply on our June 2022, cruise, the FCCs of my daughter and her boyfriend who were booked with us on the cancelled cruise and could not use the FCCs themselves. So, they gave it to us and it was transferred to us without any issue. All FCC amounts were correctly applied.

I am just keeping my finger crossed for that June 2022 cruise to effectively sail!

Hi

celebrity have cancelled my cruise and offered me a future cruise credit of 125%.  I have only paid the deposit so far so is the cruise credit based on the deposit only or the cost of the whole cruise?

1 hour ago, lynn2002 said:

Hi

celebrity have cancelled my cruise and offered me a future cruise credit of 125%.  I have only paid the deposit so far so is the cruise credit based on the deposit only or the cost of the whole cruise?

It is my understanding, that the 125% Future Cruise Credit only applies to amounts of money paid to Celebrity. 

If the cancellation had occurred after final payment, the FCC would have applied to the whole cruise. I know this for having experienced it.

In this instance, since you only have a deposit paid, I would expect the 125% FCC to only apply to your deposit. (This is what my TA told me, would have happened to us, if Celebrity had cancelled our last cruise prior to final payment.)

This said, we live in a context where each cancellation is treated on a case by case basis, taking into account a variety of factors. Therefore, I would not rely on my opinion, and would confirm the situation with my TA, if you have one, if not, directly with a Celebrity Representative. 

Good luck! 

We had no issues at all  with our FCC.  

I had the “codes” from the email that they sent, plugged it into the web site and it was automatically applied to my chosen sailing.

Suggest / recommend contacting CelebrityEngagementCenter AT celebrity DOT com

Cheers,  HVB 🌻

4 hours ago, lynn2002 said:

Hi

It is based on the amount of cruise fare you have paid.  So if you have just paid the deposit, you will get 125% of that.  If you had made final payment, you would be refunded taxes, transfers, hotel, and cruise care.  Then you’d receive 125% of the cruise fare in an FCC. 

On 3/22/2021 at 5:18 PM, Zavcruise said:

Yes, there were many errors in the original FCCs.  Once they implemented the Real Time Redemption Tool, it brought them all to light.  It’s been very frustrating trying to get the errors fixed.  I’d suggest contacting the Captain’s Club desk. You are more likely to get someone who can work the issue directly, without having to put you on hold.  

We also have been having a hard time getting straight answers about why our FCC has changed, now twice, since the original FCC certificates were sent. 

There is another thread about this entitled, "Watch your FCC".