Jewel to sail from Cyprus starting July will you go?

The terms you have don’t seem to match the COVID-19 Supplementary Terms and Conditions attached to my invoice received from RCI last week when I booked Jewel. I note you booked with an agent and wonder if they do not have the correct information.

Extract from the conditions attached to my invoice

“You will be required to complete a health declaration questionnaire and indicate your acceptance of our Health Acknowledgement, which is above, before arriving at the port on the day of departure or shortly before, this may include providing confirmation or evidence of your vaccination status. We may also require that you undergo testing for COVID-19 between 72 hours and 48 hours, or some other time as we will advise, before your cruise. These tests could be arranged by you at the testing centre of a testing service provider which we have approved and may be at your cost. These tests may include swabs of the nose and throat.”

I’ve just moved my cruise from 23 October to 25 September as I was getting a little nervous about the weather at the end of October. RCL transferred us for only £20pp (difference between what we originally paid for October and the current flash sale price for 25 September), although we did lose our $50obc, as that is not included in the flash sale.

I’m very pleased this was possible.

I’m just hoping that we do not have to take the ships excursions (they are expensive), and can do our own thing at each port.

8 hours ago, Notts1964 said:

I’ve just moved my cruise from 23 October to 25 September as I was getting a little nervous about the weather at the end of October. RCL transferred us for only £20pp (difference between what we originally paid for October and the current flash sale price for 25 September), although we did lose our $50obc, as that is not included in the flash sale.

I’m very pleased this was possible.

I’m just hoping that we do not have to take the ships excursions (they are expensive), and can do our own thing at each port.

I’m also hoping that we are not forced to take official excursions. I’m not sure why official excursions would be any safer for the local populace or the passengers unless you are forced to sit on the coach or be shepherded around by official guides keeping a close eye on you. Think I would rather stay on board.

1 hour ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

I’m also hoping that we are not forced to take official excursions. I’m not sure why official excursions would be any safer for the local populace or the passengers unless you are forced to sit on the coach or be shepherded around by official guides keeping a close eye on you. Think I would rather stay on board.

I am booked on X Apex out of Athens too. There you are not encouraged to take the X flights. Therefore I wonder around Athens at leisure for several days prior to the cruise; eat and drink and mingle as I wish.. but the moment I am on the ship I am not allowed off unless on ships shore excursion... how does that work! 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

Guest BigRoger

Worth keeping an eye folks on pricing changes for this set of cruises....it was only a small amount but we spotted already a very slight reduction on one of our bookings the other day. RC were happy to honour the reduction....

We are still playing percentages about options re Harmony and Jewel at the same time.... but suspect there will be an announcement that Harmony is only going to be vaccinated EU/ schengen residents only given challenges for those non EU to move between countries on itinerary... hope I’m wrong but with challenges about Barcelona port for at least a while... have a feeling it will be paired back itinerary for EU/ schengen at first.... what happens to Harmony TA who knows.... 

On 4/14/2021 at 8:00 AM, shopnagain said:

Are you coming from the US as well?  Flight costs were crazy!  We booked through Air2Sea and the cheapest option was $1200 per person!  My TA said she expects RC to release more as it gets closer.  We have Harmony Med booked for July, just made final payment so I expect them to cancel that any day now! 

We were originally booked to fly from JFK to Athens in October 2021 for an NCL sailing on the Pearl (which was recently cancelled). Our business class flights were around $3600/pp, and our friends were in economy plus for around $1000/pp. So prices of about $1200/pp are a little high, but not insane compared to where they've been sitting. I was watching the price for about 3 months before we finally booked it, so they've been steady unfortunately.

Yay: Greece Is Now Open To Americans!

APRIL 19, 2021 BY BEN 32
TRAVEL 

While this had been discussed for a while, it’s now official. Americans are allowed to visit Greece as of today. This isn’t even the only place in Europe that Americans can travel to this summer, as Croatia and Iceland are also open, and it looks like France may open up as well. 

Guest BigRoger

Hi folks, is anyone booked on the first (or early) sailing of Jewel out of Cyprus? If so would you be willing to be ‘correspondent’ and share info as you get it please? (Eg flight arrangements, how everything works with transfers and boarding and on board approaches, lounges, capacity sailing at etc etc)???? Would be of huge benefit to those of us going on later sailings....

Guest BigRoger

Hi folks has anyone who is booked on one of these from the UK received a ‘guest copy’ recently with details of the flights on it? There’s a rumour we’ve heard that the charter flights have been booked and internal RC processing is happening now/ soon (the rumour suggests though that passengers might only be formally booked on the flights though after final payment).....

On 4/24/2021 at 5:56 PM, BigRoger said:

Hi folks, is anyone booked on the first (or early) sailing of Jewel out of Cyprus? If so would you be willing to be ‘correspondent’ and share info as you get it please? (Eg flight arrangements, how everything works with transfers and boarding and on board approaches, lounges, capacity sailing at etc etc)???? Would be of huge benefit to those of us going on later sailings....

No details. 
Depart: London Gatwick Airport
 Sat 02-Oct-2021
 07:00
 Arrival: Larnaca Airport
 Sat 02-Oct-2021
 16:00
 Airline: Provisional Flight Information
 Flight No: TBA
 Cabin: Economy

Timings are far too long for a flight to Larnaca even allowing for time difference! 

Guest BigRoger
22 minutes ago, little britain said:

No details. 
Depart: London Gatwick Airport
 Sat 02-Oct-2021
 07:00
 Arrival: Larnaca Airport
 Sat 02-Oct-2021
 16:00
 Airline: Provisional Flight Information
 Flight No: TBA
 Cabin: Economy

Timings are far too long for a flight to Larnaca even allowing for time difference! 

‘a source suggests’ those original placeholder pieces of info are now replaced with details of actual times of flights with TUI/ TOM as charter partner.... 

We got our revised invoice this afternoon  from RCI. Our flights from Manchester are now showing. We are booked on a direct TUI flight to Lanarca. Flight times are good. Departing at 7.45 from Manchester andarriving Lanarca14:15. Return 15.40 Arrive 18:55. The flights must be chartered by RCI as the flights are not on the normal TUI schedule.

• Like 2

Guest BigRoger
2 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

We got our revised invoice this afternoon  from RCI. Our flights from Manchester are now showing. We are booked on a direct TUI flight to Lanarca. Flight times are good. Departing at 7.45 from Manchester andarriving Lanarca14:15. Return 15.40 Arrive 18:55. The flights must be chartered by RCI as the flights are not on the normal TUI schedule.

Yep thought they were in the cruiser domain... think the Gatwick ones might be in circulation too but not sure whether the Birmingham ones are...

3 hours ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

What date are you sailing. I'm on Oct 23rd

I wonder when Jewel will set off from its current anchorage in Poole Bay for Cyprus. I see Anthem has over last few days made it’s way from the U.K. down to the Med to pick up crew. Currently Anthem is anchored off Gibraltar but rumour has it that it’s going to pick up crew in Cyprus to avoid crew having to hotel quarantine for 10 days in the U.K.

Cyprus currently has horrific Covid statistics, per capita higher than India.   I saw figures of 929 positive cases per 1 million people for Cyprus, today.  That is going to take some time to reduce, so why would the ships go there in 2 months?

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Cyprus currently has horrific Covid statistics, per capita higher than India.   I saw figures of 929 positive cases per 1 million people for Cyprus, today.  That is going to take some time to reduce, so why would the ships go there in a few months?

I suspect that if Cyprus has high rates of COVID passengers will not be able to go ashore and that it will be straight from the airport to the ship.

• Like 1

After confirmation yesterday that we will both be vaccinated in plenty of time, we booked this morning for 21 August sailing with flights from Manchester. Opted for a Balcony Guarantee. 

We haven't sailed Royal for 10 years-we're Celebrity & Princess fans but after 3 Caribbean cruise holidays cancelled (Easter 2020, Xmas 2020 & Easter 2021) we're ready to be onboard a ship.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Manchester Airport website:

TUI flights usually depart from Terminal 2 at Manchester Airport. Although, as of September 2nd at 00:01, all TUI flights will now depart from Terminal 1 until further notice.

Thanks for info. I'll watch prices

9 hours ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

I suspect that if Cyprus has high rates of COVID passengers will not be able to go ashore and that it will be straight from the airport to the ship.

I think that will happen. Kept together in a bubble.

If people do get they're own flights, they will get tested at port and maybe not be able to board.

Even although I will have both vaccines, I still need a test 24 hours before I board Anthem in August