Jewel to sail from Cyprus starting July will you go?

Guest BigRoger
5 hours ago, dmrichards26 said:

Some confidence-inspiring news, and some pictures of the Jewel at her new homeport!

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/jewel-readies-trial-cruise-from-cyprus

Very interesting article - the test cruises had been kept quiet….

Interesting that there are incentives being offered too. Would be fascinating to know what rates those outside the UK are paying for the cruise, with or without flights….

This is my ignorance but are there separate RC sites applicable for Russia, Israel, Cyprus where you can find this out?

7 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Very interesting article - the test cruises had been kept quiet….

Interesting that there are incentives being offered too. Would be fascinating to know what rates those outside the UK are paying for the cruise, with or without flights….

This is my ignorance but are there separate RC sites applicable for Russia, Israel, Cyprus where you can find this out?

Go to royalcaribbean.com, in the top right of the screen, click on the country name shown. Select a different country. All actions on the web site will be for purchases made in that country, including currency and access to cruises that may not be available to residents in other countries.

image.png.a3ab9f9a6e1ea27f87a05eb7cd3af035.png

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, little britain said:

Updated Cyprus Flightpass rules… UK on their Red list.

https://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy/uploads/protocols/efd06f8b59.pdf

Does this change anything for those of us travelling from the UK on Royal’s fly/cruise on the Jewel? Only just booked this and haven’t yet got my head around all of the requirements.

Edited by CaroleC

11 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Does this change anything for those of us travelling from the UK on Royal’s fly/cruise on the Jewel? Only just booked this and haven’t yet got my head around all of the requirements.

Quite frankly their site is doing my head in, I’m sorry I booked! It’s so badly written….and very confusing. 

I “think” that UK is still on the permitted list (https://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy/en/vaccinated-passengers) so we don’t have to do the test 72hrs before departure because that is on one section of the website, but I know we are on their Red list as per this update….who knows! 

Edited by little britain
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CaroleC said:

Does this mean the cruises will be cancelled now?

However, besides green countries, fully vaccinated travellers, regardless of their nationality, are permitted to travel to the Republic of Cyprus without isolation or testing requirements. However, a required form must be filled in within 24 hours before reaching the Republic of Cyprus.

The UK has been on the Cyprus red list since the 8th of July and their 'rules' for fully vaccinated travellers to Cyprus are linked from the UK Gov site, which still states 'Travellers with proof of two COVID-19 vaccinations are not required to take a PCR test before departure or on arrival.  :  Cyprus Flight Pass - Vaccinated Passengers

Clear as mud ain't it?

Edited by icsys

1 minute ago, CaroleC said:

As it states that “Travelers arriving from the red category countries can only enter for absolutely essential purposes”

I think the majority of customers on previous Jewel sailings were NOT from the UK (I think some have reported 10-20%). Even if all of them cancelled, there's no reason to cancel the sailing itself.

10 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

The cruise is not just for UK travellers...

Oh yes of course 🤦‍♀️ (blonde moment!). But now I’m worried they’ll cancel UK residents only lol. Or am I just overthinking this?

Edited by CaroleC

8 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Oh yes of course 🤦‍♀️ (blonde moment!). But now I’m worried they’ll cancel UK residents only lol. Or am I just overthinking this?

Well if UK guests are cancelled, so will the following, who are all currently on the RED  list:

• France Denmark Estonia Ireland Spain Luxembourg Malta Netherlands Portugal Andorra 
  • Monaco  San Marino  Egypt Switzerland  Iceland Azerbaijan 
  • United States of America Japan  Israel  Lebanon Albania  Armenia  Georgia  
  • United Arab Emirates  United Kingdom  Kuwait  Belarus Montenegro
  • Moldova Brunei  South Korea  Ukraine  Russia
Edited by icsys