Jewel to sail from Cyprus starting July will you go?

Got the email this morning detailing 7 night sailings on Jewel from Cyprus beginning in July. Adult guests required to have two covid vaccinations and children need a negative covid test before boarding . Little information on itinerary only that stops in Mykonos and Athens. 

So who's going to book?

8 minutes ago, cbowls30 said:

Got the email this morning detailing 7 night sailings on Jewel from Cyprus beginning in July. Adult guests required to have two covid vaccinations and children need a negative covid test before boarding . Little information on itinerary only that stops in Mykonos and Athens. 

So who's going to book?

Offering roundtrip 7-night sailings from Limassol, Cyprus, Jewel of the Seas will visit Athens, Greece, as well as the Greek Islands of Rhodes, Crete, Mykonos, and Santorini.

1 hour ago, cbowls30 said:

So who's going to book?

I would if Canada ends their 3 covid test requirement and compulsory hotel quarantine, to get back into the country.

• Like 1

Probably not a great likelihood this set of sailings will be marketed towards travelers from the US. Cyprus isn't exactly an inexpensive air travel destination from anywhere in the United States. But as for the local markets, probably a good one.

• Like 5

Guest BigRoger

Just hard to say right now.... would like to be a yes... but... imponderables right now:

- speed of vaccination roll out for over 40

- cost of flights when certain will be vaccinated

- what happening with anthem

- what happening with harmony

- what happening with Rhapsody

- what happening with MSC

- what happening with NCL...

It’s a long list that we need to have at least an educated guess about before we can jump....

UK is not allowed to travel internationally right now and at least until Mid May and talks are that this will be prolonged.

US is not allowed to enter the EU. And I don´t think that will change soon as currently the USA is thinking about prolonging the ban for EU citizens from entering the US.

EU citizens are not able to book as the vast majorty of us haven´t got vaccinated yet. And we don´t know when we get the vaccine. We still vaccine the 80+ group. Plus we don´t know which vaccine we get... with Biontec/Pfizer or Moderna it´s 3 weeks between the jabs. With AstraZeneca I have to wait 12 weeks for the second jab. Not a good perspective to book anything.

steamboats

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M&A said:

I would if Canada ends their 3 covid test requirement and compulsory hotel quarantine, to get back into the country.

I’ve read that it’s $2000 to be quarantined in a hotel or pay $800 fine if you went straight home. Is that true? Seems like our licensing law that says you have to change out your license plate every few years so the numbers can be seen better for safety, but if you pay us money you can keep your old plates. 

3 minutes ago, easyqueasy said:

I’ve read that it’s $2000 to be quarantined in a hotel or pay $800 fine if you went straight home. Is that true? Seems like our licensing law that says you have to change out your license plate every few years so the numbers can be seen better for safety, but if you pay us money you can keep your old plates. 

Where do you live that has this license plate policy ?

I spent 4 months in Cyprus from Oct-Mid Feb and there is no way i would cruise from there at the moment. I have friends working there at the mo and they say covid is still not under control. We had to wear Masks everywhere except in your own room, even outside if on own.

Limassol is no a friendly place, too many Russian's now and not the nice Russian's as some can be lovely and friendly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I hear that Limassol Cyprus has been tagged 'moscow on the med' - could be a very different royal Caribbean cruise if it's all Russians?.... I'm afraid that puts me right off which is a shame as Cyprus is lovely and the ports are ideal but having accidentally been holiday to a med resort once that was full of Russians I won't do it again. I'm sure there are some nice lovely Russian people but we found them to be rude to anyone not Russian, including local people and staff, obnoxious and generally pretty horrible!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Just hard to say right now.... would like to be a yes... but... imponderables right now:

It’s a long list that we need to have at least an educated guess about before we can jump....

Harmony is headed to Cadiz for a dry dock.

16 hours ago, easyqueasy said:

You would be taking a risk to leave the hotel,  you are going to be billed for 3 nights even if you get our test result in one day.  The fine could be greater than $800 plus the hefty hotel bill.

We are driving back to Canada and we have to get a covid test  in the US before entering Canada, another covid test given at the border and another covid test that you have to send in at the end of the 14 day quaranitne, the final covid test is done in a zoom call with a public health nurse.   At least with driving we don't have to go to the quarantine hotel.

We were fully vaccinated in Florida but it doesn't matter, still have to go through all the tests and quarantine.

Edited by M&A

2 minutes ago, alanstarr said:

Well, I guess my Baltic cruise in July on the JOTS is canceled.... 

That's true, many people have all ready lifted and shifted their cruise to 2022 yesterday. You're late to the party.

Just now, Jimbo said:

That's true, many people have all ready lifted and shifted their cruise to 2022 yesterday. You're late to the party.

Did ours, just waiting for that magic price protection.  Big shock seeing current prices on the invoice. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Never got a notice from my TA (AAA), so this was a bit of a surprise. But now that I look at my trip planner, its clearly marked as canceled. Ah well.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Were your choices 1 or 2 weeks + or -

We were on a 10 night Baltic so we only had the choice of a 10 night July 31 or 11 night Aug 10.  We went for the 11 night.  It was CPH to CPH while the 10 night was AMS to CPH 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Florida is already at age 40 and goes to 18 on April 5th. 

M8