Jewel to sail from Cyprus starting July will you go?

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That’s for sure. It was sticker shock with the current booking rates. 

M8

We are still undecided.  I want the aug 10th sailing to meet everyone on here, but Eric likes the itinerary for the july 31st.   I told we have to decide this weekend and I know he will eventually tell me, just pick the one i want.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are still undecided.  I want the aug 10th sailing to meet everyone on here, but Eric likes the itinerary for the july 31st.   I told we have to decide this weekend and I know he will eventually tell me, just pick the one i want.

Hi Sunshine please could you tell me where the itineraries and prices are listed? 

We are very interested in booking this.

On 3/25/2021 at 2:57 PM, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I spent 4 months in Cyprus from Oct-Mid Feb and there is no way i would cruise from there at the moment. I have friends working there at the mo and they say covid is still not under control. We had to wear Masks everywhere except in your own room, even outside if on own.

Limassol is no a friendly place, too many Russian's now and not the nice Russian's as some can be lovely and friendly

You were at Akrotiri?

On 3/25/2021 at 2:51 PM, easyqueasy said:

I’ve read that it’s $2000 to be quarantined in a hotel or pay $800 fine if you went straight home. Is that true? Seems like our licensing law that says you have to change out your license plate every few years so the numbers can be seen better for safety, but if you pay us money you can keep your old plates. 

It was on the news this morning, someone that was fully vaccinated  decided to ignore the quarantine hotel and decided to take the fine.  It wasn't $800,  this time it was $3,750

• 2 weeks later...

RCI is going to have to update their website before tomorrow as there is no option to select Cyprus/Limassol as a departure - doesn't come under existing headers of Italy, Northern Europe or Spain/Portugal.   

Perhaps they need a generic East Med header.  Where are Haifa cruises listed?

4 minutes ago, little britain said:

RCI is going to have to update their website before tomorrow as there is no option to select Cyprus/Limassol as a departure - doesn't come under existing headers of Italy, Northern Europe or Spain/Portugal.   

Perhaps they need a generic East Med header.  Where are Haifa cruises listed?

It's only available when you've selected Israel as your country, and it has its own category when you select departure ports.

image.thumb.png.6fa400ea2ab4e572e5aa4d4a21def8bd.png

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

It's only available when you've selected Israel as your country, and it has its own category when you select departure ports.

image.thumb.png.6fa400ea2ab4e572e5aa4d4a21def8bd.png

Interesting, Thanks - I wonder whether a Cyprus option will suddenly appear tomorrow for the Brits (and what ever other nations are allowed on board!).  

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Interesting, Thanks - I wonder whether a Cyprus option will suddenly appear tomorrow for the Brits (and what ever other nations are allowed on board!).  

Yes, the sailings from Cyprus allow international guests.

From the press release;

In addition, travelers must meet the travel requirements of their home country and Cyprus. The most up-to-date policies can be found on Cyprus’ tourism website.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, the sailings from Cyprus allow international guests.

From the press release;

In addition, travelers must meet the travel requirements of their home country and Cyprus. The most up-to-date policies can be found on Cyprus’ tourism website.

Did you see the Jewel TA is out tomorrow - 10/30/21 Limassol - Gibraltar - Cadiz - Miami.  16n crossing.

Did you see the Jewel TA is out tomorrow - 10/30/21 Limassol - Gibraltar - Cadiz - Miami.  16n crossing.

Interesting.  I thought that the CDC's restrictions on sailings prevented any sailing that departed before Nov. 1 from being able to dock in the US which was why other TA's like the Harmony have been put on hold

Guest BigRoger

hi, can you post the intel you’ve found from the travel agent.... we’ve tried to find it on the site which we think you referred to but couldn’t find anything! Any help much appreciated...

47 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

hi, can you post the intel you’ve found from the travel agent.... we’ve tried to find it on the site which we think you referred to but couldn’t find anything! Any help much appreciated...

there are only dates and itineraries but no prices....

12 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Limassol on sale now and include flights! Good prices 

Guest BigRoger

RC are having lots of issues with the underpinning systems - sometimes the C&A balcony discount works, sometimes it doesn’t, sometimes the flight and airport promotion tiles work sometimes they don’t, sometimes they are not even there!

Bottom line advice would be if in doubt call RC or a TA and get help in booking... RC call centre have the same systems challenges but they have the ability to at least amend/ correct errors....

....the prices feel a bit high at first glance but when you add into the thinking that flights and transfers are included the cost doesn’t seem daft... Anthem looked a bit more challenging in price terms when we looked this morning....

Just booked the 10th July sailing on a whim lol 

We had flights booked to go to the USA in June and i asked my TA to find out what our options were on changing them, he said the options were move them to another date and pay the $$$ fare difference (they were Upper Class on Virgin) or he could cancel them and we could use the full amount we paid on whatever we wanted to book through him, so we booked the cruise lol

Gutted we aren't going in a lay flat bed to Vegas but the will we/wont we get to go/will the borders open up or not was too much of a risk, and the full immediate refund was a no brainer and now im super excited to be going to the Greek Isles with flights and transfers included in the package, not a bad a consolation prize i reckon.

• Like 1

Went ahead and booked 31st July from Cyprus this lunchtime. Tried booking early this morning but website kept crashing. Went for a guaranteed balcony with diamond balcony discount. By using the diamond discount you lose the $100 OBC though which I feel is a bit naughty but save £161 . Price of £2,417 ( £1208 pp ) includes flights and transfers  ( in my case flights from Manchester ) . Have still got Rhapsody booked 21st August but cannot see that cruise going ahead.had to pay £300 deposit with final balance early June. 

• Like 2