Jewel to sail from Cyprus starting July will you go?

20 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Something positive happening. I can see on Vesselfinder that Jewel has left it’s anchorage and is sailing to Cadiz with an ETA of 5th May.

Good news

Anthem is in the Med on its way to Limassol. To drop off crew I read somewhere

A lot of movement in the Med with all cruise lines

14 hours ago, bigeck said:

Good news

Anthem is in the Med on its way to Limassol. To drop off crew I read somewhere

A lot of movement in the Med with all cruise lines

Yes Anthem is slowly making its way across the Med to Cyprus to pick up crew. Suspect Jewel will just have an overnight in Cadiz before proceeding on to Cyprus. I only booked Jewel for end of July as I strongly believe that my 21st August Rhapsody cruise will be cancelled.

On 4/28/2021 at 12:18 PM, NSWP said:

Cyprus currently has horrific Covid statistics, per capita higher than India.   I saw figures of 929 positive cases per 1 million people for Cyprus, today.  That is going to take some time to reduce, so why would the ships go there in 2 months?

I noticed that one of the news sites this morning.  The worse in Europe, but folk who have booked say they are going to be in a bubble straight from airport to ship.  Portugal seems to be one of the best per 100,000, similar rates to UK and Vaccination rates aren't too bad either 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/402a7e66-a91a-11eb-9b76-9500a3917e5f?shareToken=118867b5285d0f377e5187c8ea0d8a55

Edited by sgmn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigRoger

Has anyone gained any intel as to how well this cruise is selling? Doesn’t feel like it’s captured energy and interest? But could be totally wrong…. Is it going to be floating Moscow? (No criticism of anyone of it is….)

9 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

My sailing on 10/2 dropped by ~$300 and there looks to be a lot of rooms left. My guess is that once the first cruises actually hit water this summer and people come back Covid-free and happy, the booking flood gates will open.

Keep checking pricing for 31st July but it’s no cheaper than when I booked as no CAC balcony discount or $100 OBC.

16 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Has anyone gained any intel as to how well this cruise is selling? Doesn’t feel like it’s captured energy and interest? But could be totally wrong…. Is it going to be floating Moscow? (No criticism of anyone of it is….)

Apparently those who were on Odyssey have been offered $400 obc if they book Jewel. Interesting dynamic with the Russians on board. 😶

No they do not seem to be selling well. The prime aft cabins are still left on many of the dates I checked. #1100 being available on any sailing in unheard of! 

Guest BigRoger
51 minutes ago, little britain said:

Apparently those who were on Odyssey have been offered $400 obc if they book Jewel. Interesting dynamic with the Russians on board. 😶

Wow that’s interesting how they are trying to retain the Israeli bookings….. it’s a clever approach of Jewel isn’t selling well - we’ve got 1600 for one of the sailings…. Not cheap but relatively small premium over a JS….. 

3 hours ago, little britain said:

JMHO It’s the best JS cabin on any RCI ship.... sit back and enjoy the view! 

I have 110 on 25th Sept and 23rd Oct sailings.

I also have it on Brilliance Ta and one after next April.

9256 is probably better but hey, double points

• Like 1

Good News!

Jewel of the seas is en-route from her completed Dry-dock in Cadiz to her new homeport in Limassol, Cyprus!

Arrival ETA is 2021-05-24 07:00

Obviously not a guarantee, but I would say that bodes well that the Cyprus cruises will sail!

Interestingly, the First Deck Officer, Maki Canecco, confirmed that the ship is indeed sailing at reduced capacity.

"...passenger travel with this ship in the first half of July from Cyprus, although with reduced capacity due to the pandemic situation."

per https://www.diariodecadiz.es/noticias-provincia-cadiz/Jewel-the-Seas-abandona-astillero-Navantia-Cadiz_0_1574842893.html

Edited by dmrichards26
Adding more information.
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 9:14 PM, dmrichards26 said:

....Interestingly, the First Deck Officer, Maki Canecco, confirmed that the ship is indeed sailing at reduced capacity.

How does that work with the full loads of Russians? 😇

More seriously- how does RCI  handle the Sputnik vax?

27 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Ok, what's the deal with all the nods to the Russians. I clearly missed a joke somewhere... anyone want to bring me up to speed or do I need to switch to vodka tonics for this sailing?

Someone described Limassol as Moscow on the Med.... apparently an easy travel destination from Russia 🇷🇺 

Guest BigRoger
38 minutes ago, little britain said:

Someone described Limassol as Moscow on the Med.... apparently an easy travel destination from Russia 🇷🇺 

And apparently the cruise is being ‘heavily marketed’ to the Russian market….. 

24 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

And apparently the cruise is being ‘heavily marketed’ to the Russian market….. 

They musn''t like aft balconies. Loads available on most cruises