Double Up?

asctony

Received email from NCL stating DOUBLE UP,  USE 2 CRUISE NEXT deposits for any cruises booked 6 months in advanced.

How would you read that? 

2 per person or 1 per person? 

If I book a cruise shouldn't I be allowed to normally use my CND and my spouse use their CND for the same cruise? 

Thanks for all your replies. I have always thought and used FCCs on other cruise lines. My experiences were that each person who had an NCD/FCC in the same cabin could each use their FCC. So, to me Double Up meant that if I had 2 NCDs I could use 2 and the other person in the cabin could do the same. Just my interpretation. We had to cancel 4 cruises in 2020 and 3 so far this year. I don't need anymore NCD/FCCs. LOL

Stay Safe!

50 minutes ago, asctony said:

Thanks for all your replies. I have always thought and used FCCs on other cruise lines. My experiences were that each person who had an NCD/FCC in the same cabin could each use their FCC. So, to me Double Up meant that if I had 2 NCDs I could use 2 and the other person in the cabin could do the same. Just my interpretation. We had to cancel 4 cruises in 2020 and 3 so far this year. I don't need anymore NCD/FCCs. LOL

Stay Safe!

Seems to me like you are mixing the rules for NCD and FCC, as the FCC has nothing to do with paying any deposit with one (or in this case two) CruiseNext vouchers... Normally you can only use 1 (one) CruiseNext voucher per reservation, and with the promotion you are referring to you can use 2. So I truly don't understand the confusion...

57 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

Seems to me like you are mixing the rules for NCD and FCC, as the FCC has nothing to do with paying any deposit with one (or in this case two) CruiseNext vouchers... Normally you can only use 1 (one) CruiseNext voucher per reservation, and with the promotion you are referring to you can use 2. So I truly don't understand the confusion...

I have cruised with NCL since 1986. We are Platinum. I have used NCD On NCL many times. We cruise as a married couple since 1986. When we book an NCL cruise we always each used our NCD. So, was that called Double Up?

Does NCL use the term FCC?

DON'T mean to confuse anyone. 

However,  it seems like many subjects caused numerous answers. 

For example. When I buy a SDP, can we use one and share a meal in Cagnies?

Let's see what answers we get on this. 

I know what we did on the Encore Feb 2020.

I think I'd be confused here too if I didn't know what all the acronyms were meant to be. 

cruise first certificates CFCs

cruise next certificates CNCs

future cruise credits        FCCs 

Specialty Dining Package SDP (FAS or purchased packages; rules may vary)

SDP are per person and non-transferrable; no sharing permitted. 

DH and I were only able to use 1 CNC per cruise.  Just as well I guess, we went through them pretty quickly, never did have extras.  

Now, I cruise solo so I do use 2 CNCs on each booking when I book 6mths out. 

12 minutes ago, dltvermont said:

Exactly, that was what I was told when I bought mine on my last NCL cruise in 2018.

What were you told exactly? 

Never hear of cruise first certificates CFCs

I think the cruise lines change names of things to keep us all confused. LOL

No Sharing permitted. Like I said we did share meals in the SDRs on the Encore at the end of our B2B as we were totally fooded out. Never had a problem doing that. 

2 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Thanks for your links. Just looked at the Cruisefirst-program. Now I know what the term means. Even though I have used it many times, I thought of it as an FCC Future Cruise Certificate. Yet it is also referred to as a Cruise Next Deposit. 

Other cruise lines also call it a Future Cruise Credit. 

No problem.

Thanks again for your help. 

Stay Safe! 

@asctony the Cruise First Program was introduced during COVID, probably to drive some revenue.

FCC is totally different - FCC is not bought, per-se.  It is credit given as a refund for a previous cruise that didn't sail or for some other compensation such as for a hurricane-shortened cruise.

CND is bought on board, usually with a BOGO offer.  It is a replacement for the on-board booking programs that other lines offer where you can book your next cruise while still on board and get some kind of offer of on-board credit or discounted fare as a result.  CND is nice in that you're not locking in to a particular cruise and they can be used for a cruise as much as 4 years out.

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, asctony said:

What were you told exactly? 

Never hear of cruise first certificates CFCs

I think the cruise lines change names of things to keep us all confused. LOL

No Sharing permitted. Like I said we did share meals in the SDRs on the Encore at the end of our B2B as we were totally fooded out. Never had a problem doing that. 

The no sharing permitted is more like you can't use one of your dining credits to cover the cost of someone else's meal in a specialty dining (such as a friend you met in another cabin). It's not saying you can't share the individual meal you order.

31 minutes ago, adam_s_allen said:

The no sharing permitted is more like you can't use one of your dining credits to cover the cost of someone else's meal in a specialty dining (such as a friend you met in another cabin). It's not saying you can't share the individual meal you order.

OK, thanks! Some people would say you can't share. 

Personally, I don't understand why you can't use your pkg to buy someone else meal. It is just a number of meals you are paying for. But, I know they say you can't.