Speculations on what X will do in overcapacity situation

CroozFanatic

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

Today I have heard another information originating  from the Celebrity sales dept which would make cruising for most outside the US impossible. However, it´s so absurd, that I hope it was just a false information 😵

Rumor and speculation is what we do here...why keep us in suspense?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, laslomas said:

So from reading that I hope I can still have a cruise, in October, at the price I already booked. Even better if it is the itinerary I booked and the cabin I booked (large angled balcony). Keeping my fingers crossed. 

I think you stand a better chance than I. We lack those specific T&C in the US....

6 hours ago, LGW59 said:

what do you mean "kicking me and everyone else off just because"?

My situation is on Infinity where the itinerary has NOT changed. At least, not yet. I am saying that if they kick all booked passengers off (or all booked passengers who are not in balcony or above) just to solve their capacity issue, without offering the chance to move to another sailing -- that, to me, is a "just because we can" and not an effort to maintain customer good will.

I don't want to belabor the point but this particular set of BTB cruises has been through significant changes since I booked them three years ago -- one completely due to Celebrity deciding to put Constellation in Tampa (pre-COVID) by mid-fall, one L&S, and one Celebrity decision to not put Connie in the Med at all this season, making me scramble to find something on Infinity, my ONLY other option.

Should they cancel Infinity now, with no option to shift, it would definitely leave a bitter taste...

23 minutes ago, CroozFanatic said:

Rumor and speculation is what we do here...why keep us in suspense?

LOL - it´s much more fun 😉

No... all jokes aside. I try not to drift into speculations more than necessary and try to stick to facts.
As soon as I know more, I might post about it.

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

LOL - it´s much more fun 😉

No... all jokes aside. I try not to drift into speculations more than necessary and try to stick to facts.
As soon as I know more, I might post about it.

Suit yourself. I like to post first and ask questions later.

20 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I don't understand your meaning.  I'm talking about the cruise sailing -- it is "there" -- but Celebrity decides to kick me and everyone else off "just because"?  

I'm not talking about a changed or different itinerary. But in either case I do feel that a lift and shift should be one of the offers at the least.

Is it better to kick you off to meet capacity requirements or to kick you and everyone else off to re-start the booking process where you could actually sail?  I don't think there's an easy answer. 

I suspect they will not need to do this in the foreseeable future. I suspect that once cruising restarts there will be sufficient requirements from the embarking countries/cruise lines that many people will cancel their booking on their own. Either because due to their nationality they can't enter the embarkation country, they couldn't return home after the cruise, or they don't want to get the vaccine. And I think the cruise lines would rather keep current sailings in place and create generous cancellation policies to encourage enough people to cancel to meet capacity.

But, if they do have to cancel people, yes, I think people in lower priced cabins will go first.