Show your support for the return of cruising in US

Margarita Jane

2 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

How is this political?

I agree, while I do agree with CDC cruise closure as well, if it is OK for us to express our views on that on CC then this poster should be able to do so as well.  Does not seem political to me.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

How is this political?

The linked webpage asking people to "please take a moment to call, email, and/or Tweet your Senators and U.S. Representatives to let them know!" is most certainly political.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

The linked webpage asking people to "please take a moment to call, email, and/or Tweet your Senators and U.S. Representatives to let them know!" is most certainly political.

Didn't you vote on that one?

40 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

But this is aimed at US citizens, so for all others it shouldn’t be a problem. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

And you voted on it

At the time I voted on the CC poll, the link to the CLIA with it's request to write to " please take a moment to call, email, and/or Tweet your Senators and U.S. Representatives to let them know!" was not contained in the OP. That was added subsequent to my poll response. 

7 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

At the time I voted on the CC poll, the link to the CLIA with it's request to write to " please take a moment to call, email, and/or Tweet your Senators and U.S. Representatives to let them know!" was not contained in the OP. That was added subsequent to my poll response. 

They are two different posts from hours apart, I voted the same way as you, No, but it was clear to me when I voted I was being asked to contact senators, congress etc, which I did not and will not

12 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

But this is aimed at US citizens, so for all others it shouldn’t be a problem. 

As this is an international board, with rules that say no politics, it is a problem for those of us would like to see totally non-partisan discussions on all topics, including that of the CDC, the CLIA and their respective responsibilities under the framework document.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

As this is an international board, with rules that say no politics, it is a problem for those of us would like to see totally non-partisan discussions on all topics, including that of the CDC, the CLIA and their respective responsibilities under the framework document.

The post and it's wording is there, you voted on it, it was clear was asking if one would contact their senator, congress or whoever, like you, I voted no, but you still responded, to what by your reasoning is political.  Sorry dude, just sayin...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

The post and it's wording is there, you voted on it, it was clear was asking if one would contact their senator, congress or whoever, like you, I voted no, but you still responded, to what by your reasoning is political.  Sorry dude, just sayin...

No, as I have already said, the post when I voted was NOT as it is written now. Take a look and you will see that the OP edited the post. Had I been aware of the link added afterwards, I wouldn't have voted.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

No, as I have already said, the post when I voted was NOT as it is written now. Take a look and you will see that the OP edited the post. Had I been aware of the link added afterwards, I wouldn't have voted.

Thanks for the clarification.  When I voted I saw it but it did not matter, I still voted but did not and will not contact anyone suggested.  I still feel if folks on here, me included, can say we think what CDC is doing, we support, folks with differing views can do so also.  I don't feel that in and of itself makes it political.  CLIA exists to support the industry and if folks here want to use that CC forum, I don't see anything wrong with others sharing that information.  The OP did not overtly make it political at all IMO, other than saying if you agree, would you contact so and so...

This is a campaign urging those who support the cruise industry, if they choose, to show that support by writing their representatives.  This is the way our republic is supposed to work.  Just because a citizen is writing a representative, there's no "politics" involved necessarily.  Cruise enthusiasts of all political stripes may choose to participate, or not.  BTW, the OP did not opine one way or another, simply posted the link. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Well who else do you expect people to contact? They are the ones who ultimately make the decisions...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think we all wish to be part of the solution. Those that have bought cruises for this summer in St.Maarten are indeed going to be part of the solution. There are going to be 'test' for all future cruises. Even if the cruises produce a passenger or crewmember with covid, I would not consider it a failure. But rather a learning experience of what to do differently. What happens on these cruises will show the world how far the industry has come and/or how much further it can go. I applaud these cruisers. They need all of our support along with the staff, Celebrity and RGP. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

with all due respect, and responding only as I have personally handled it for me in my country.  I have chosen to live in a "bubble" as it were, for just over one year, I wear a mask every time I walk out the front door, and that is to walk my dog and take brief masked up walks in my neighborhood.  Have not been in a restaurant, grocery store, ATM etc since March 2020, again my choice.  I HAVE done my part and more!  Vaccine rollout out here is going very well now, I am ready to resume a sense of normalcy.  I will get jab number one next week.  I have had differing opinions with others re my personal way of handling over the past 12 months, others have had their own, seems we are all on a good path of convergence now.  Again, with all dues respect, a particular country, from what those good folks here say, is not handling the rollout to well, I do sincerely hope that changes.   Best of luck and I do hope it improves.  

I have done the same. Have had my two vaccines and now want to start living again. Amazon, Target, Walmart, and online ordering/pick up from my grocery store have been amazing. This week I went in twice and actually really enjoyed picking out my own non wrinkled green peppers 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I have done the same. Have had my two vaccines and now want to start living again. Amazon, Target, Walmart, and online ordering/pick up from my grocery store have been amazing. This week I went in twice and actually really enjoyed picking out my own non wrinkled green peppers 😉

TB, I am glad that you responded!  We have had a few "testy" exchanges recently 🥴 mea culpa on that, and apologies as well!!!  For the record, and to add a bit of humor, I've nothing against blondes, my comments here on CC re Dolly Parton, you have seen, she is and will always be my national treasure, though she is definitely not blonde, just ask her.  If you have a few minutes free time, YouTube her song, which she wrote, "Dumb Blonde", very tongue in cheek, I think you will appreciate it.  I will close with one of her famous lines:  "Well I know I'm not blonde and I know I'm not dumb, but by the time the business men realize that, I am out of the room and I got the deal and the cash"

• Like 1