Use your voice to tell Congress to urge the Biden Administration to lift the Conditional Sailing Order

4hunters

On 3/30/2021 at 10:38 AM, Saint Greg said:

You want to force people to get vaccinated? It's available for those who want it. Everyone over the age of 16 who wants it.  If I lived in New York or California I wouldn't even have the opportunity to be vaccinated yet. I don't care if you don't want to get it. All I care is that we both have the opportunity to get it. You're never going to get everyone to comply with vaccinations. The military can't even do it. I remember people willing to get kicked out of the military over the anthrax vaccine. There are going to be people who don't want this one. And there are going to be people who don't think they need it...especially those who live in rural parts of the state.

I support anyone's right to refuse the vaccine, excepting the military. However, I also support any company, including cruise lines, their right to restrict who uses their product. If folks who don't want to cruise don't get the vaccine, that's okay. But I believe anyone who wants to cruise must be inoculated for both our protection. Yes, I know it's not 100% effective, just as wearing a mask, etc, etc is not totally effective, but we're not talking all or nothing here either. I am welling to live with some risk in my life.

Just my thoughts. I could be wrong. I doubt it, but my wife tells me that happens more than I think......🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I support anyone's right to refuse the vaccine, excepting the military. However, I also support any company, including cruise lines, their right to restrict who uses their product. If folks who don't want to cruise don't get the vaccine, that's okay. But I believe anyone who wants to cruise must be inoculated for both our protection. Yes, I know it's not 100% effective, just as wearing a mask, etc, etc is not totally effective, but we're not talking all or nothing here either. I am welling to live with some risk in my life.

Just my thoughts. I could be wrong. I doubt it, but my wife tells me that happens more than I think......🤔

2021 internetting summed up "I support everyone's right to make their own choices, as long as they align with my views".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

2021 internetting summed up "I support everyone's right to make their own choices, as long as they align with my views".

I prefer to think of it as "I support your right to have your own point of view, as long as it is not a clear and present danger to me or others.  I also expect you to live with the consequences of your decisions."

I don't wear clothing styles/qualities that would be "required" dress code for certain venues (bars, clubs etc).  So I, in theory, cannot gain access.  That's OK by me. It is a consequence I can live with.

The consequences and responsibilities element seems to have evaporated from many people in the last few years.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I prefer to think of it as "I support your right to have your own point of view, as long as it is not a clear and present danger to me or others.  I also expect you to live with the consequences of your decisions."

I don't wear clothing styles/qualities that would be "required" dress code for certain venues (bars, clubs etc).  So I, in theory, cannot gain access.  That's OK by me. It is a consequence I can live with.

The consequences and responsibilities element seems to have evaporated from many people in the last few years.

"The consequences and responsibilities element seems to have evaporated from many people in the last few years. "

Hear, hear!😎

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing the link!  I sent mine!

I also added:

Cruising is the one main joy I have in life.  I work in a high stress job and the only time I can truly get away from it is on a cruise ship.  We have been beat down for a year, we are tired and haggard.  We need to start to be able to enjoy life again.  I understand the importance of keeping us all safe, but all other industries have opened.  We can fly on a plane 6" from other passengers, we can stay in hotels, go to restaurants, and so many more things  - but we can't cruise?  This makes NO sense.  The cruise line is ready to help keep us all safe and provide action in the event of an incident to localize and minimize the spread to passengers.  This should be MORE than enough to allow us to cruise again. Can the airlines,  or my local restaurants say that?  LET US CRUISE AGAIN

• Like 1

I used this portal to send a message about cruising to my electeds in congress. To my surprise both Senators sent me replies. One told me they were working hard on travel infrastructure, and barked at length about land and air travel.  The other told me that they were concerned about the container ship stuck in the Suez Canal, and the effect on US trade.

I know these are canned responses selected by a pimply faced intern, but they could at least reply on point. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moviela said:

I used this portal to send a message about cruising to my electeds in congress. To my surprise both Senators sent me replies. One told me they were working hard on travel infrastructure, and barked at length about land and air travel.  The other told me that they were concerned about the container ship stuck in the Suez Canal, and the effect on US trade.

I know these are canned responses selected by a pimply faced intern, but they could at least reply on point. 

You are wise to have figured out who sent the replies......😉