Do both adults in a cabin have to purchase a beverage package?

dirtgirl

10 minutes ago, dirtgirl said:

My husband drinks more than I do.  If we pick the shore excursions as our OLIFE perk,  can he purchase a beverage package and not me?

Thanks!

You both have to choose the same O Life perk

the O Life beverage package is for wine by the glass/beer  at lunch & dinner only

see the fine print

"OLife Choice beverage package amenity is House Select. Guests in the same stateroom must choose the same OLife Choice amenity, and amenity must be chosen by final payment."

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

You can buy the beverage package on it own  but both do not need to buy the package as on other lines

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

You both have to choose the same O Life perk

the O Life beverage package is for wine by the glass/beer  at lunch & dinner only

see the fine print

"OLife Choice beverage package amenity is House Select. Guests in the same stateroom must choose the same OLife Choice amenity, and amenity must be chosen by final payment."

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

You can buy the beverage package on it own  but both do not need to buy the package as on other lines

Thank you for your response.  That is what I thought, but when I spoke to Oceania today, the agent said that both don't need to purchase it!  So I think we will find out when we try!

3 minutes ago, dirtgirl said:

Thank you for your response.  That is what I thought, but when I spoke to Oceania today, the agent said that both don't need to purchase it!  So I think we will find out when we try!

Maybe they misunderstood your question

Both do not need to PURCHASE  the beverage package  but  BOTH need to choose the same O LIfe PERK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aloha 1 said:

Pick the shore excursions or the cash option. You can then apply the cash option to a beverage package if desired. And thank you! For a cruise related question.

Actually the OBC is the worst option, you might as well not take Olife if you're going to take the OBC. Been discussed to infinity here. Only person I've ever seen it work out better than a wash was a single. 

• Like 3

Speaking of beverage packages, what does Oceania include as far as free beverages on every cruise. Coffee/tea ( expresso and cappuccino) bottled water, soft drinks, ice tea etc. Our group is looking at using the beverage package as the Olife perk but have not been able to find out what is always available. 

Thank you,

26 minutes ago, isnowman said:

Speaking of beverage packages, what does Oceania include as far as free beverages on every cruise. Coffee/tea ( expresso and cappuccino) bottled water, soft drinks, ice tea etc. Our group is looking at using the beverage package as the Olife perk but have not been able to find out what is always available. 

Thank you,

Everything you’ve listed is included for all. The Olife choice is wine by the glass and beer with lunch and dinner. It can be upgraded to include alcoholic beverages at all times for $20. per day. 

2 hours ago, isnowman said:

Thank you,

ALL  NON alcoholic beverages are included in the cruise fare

The O Life  Perk is  the House Select  package   wine/beer at lunch & dinner ONLY

18 hours ago, ORV said:

Actually the OBC is the worst option, you might as well not take Olife if you're going to take the OBC. Been discussed to infinity here. Only person I've ever seen it work out better than a wash was a single. 

Depends on the cruise and whether  taking shore excursions makes no sense. I get where you're coming from since the credit for not taking OLife is whatever the OBC option amount is. But in some cases, taking it may make sense as in only one person wants a beverage package and uses the OBC to pay for it. Consider it a pre pay.

2 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

1) How are the wines on the Oceania Premium Beverage Package?

2) Oceania still has bottled water?  Regent went to some water machine.

ty

1) they are wine by the glass as per the bar menu 

you can see  some past  menus at the Preismans blog

https://www.thepreismans.com/marina19_menus.htm

2) Oceania also has the Vero water

20 hours ago, ORV said:

I would agree  but sometimes taking the OBC  is ok

We have done it when we have taken O air  as it does not seem to make a difference to the price

You need to do the math though 😉

JMO

17 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

1) How are the wines on the Oceania Premium Beverage Package?

2) Oceania still has bottled water?  Regent went to some water machine.

ty

And last time we cruised,  Feb/Mar 2020, there was still bottled water available just as you left the ship when in port.

16 hours ago, LHT28 said:

1) they are wine by the glass as per the bar menu 

you can see  some past  menus at the Preismans blog

https://www.thepreismans.com/marina19_menus.htm

2) Oceania also has the Vero water

Thanks.  Decent looking list

Do you buy the premium package?  Guess its about $120/day for two.

How do you like Oceania?

1 hour ago, alaskaca said:

And last time we cruised,  Feb/Mar 2020, there was still bottled water available just as you left the ship when in port.

maybe they were using up the stock  they had 

Did they have the personal reusable   water bottles?

1 hour ago, RetiredandTravel said:

How do you like Oceania?

The Priesmans have a great blog  Mike does a great job with photos 

No  as we do not drink much so we just pay as we drink

Oceania  suits our needs/wants  the best  

in 2019  we tried a "Luxury"  line  never again will we stray 😉

YMMV

4 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

How do you like Oceania?

I always buy the premium package, even though O has Happy Hour and Captain's Reception Happy Hour. I just like the convenience of not have to sign a chit every time I want a drink or needing to wait til Happy Hour just to get a discount. Plus you get a discount on wine bottles.

We LOVE O. And we are Elite on Princess and Elite + on Celebrity . Oceania outclasses both by far.

Thank You both.

We've only done a couple cruises.

Oceania has some very interesting itineraries we've been looking at.

People seem to rave about the food, which is very important to us.   The wines are certainly high caliber.

Our concerns are some of the veranda suites seem a little small and the service doesn't always get the best marks.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=526

I'm guessing you both have no complaints since you are frequent cruisers.

Have either of you done the Cape Town to Cape town Cruise?  Looks interesting.

6 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Thank You both.

People seem to rave about the food, which is very important to us.   The wines are certainly high caliber.

Our concerns are some of the veranda suites seem a little small and the service doesn't always get the best marks.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=526

I'm guessing you both have no complaints since you are frequent cruisers.

Have either of you done the Cape Town to Cape town Cruise?  Looks interesting.

We have not as of yet. We tend to book a PH3 cabin for the early dinner reservations, extra size, and butler. Well worth it.

2 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Thank You both.

We usually book an A or B cabin  we have no problem  but others  will only sail in a PH

If you need more space  than the basic balcony cabins  pick a PH  or above  the OS  sound nice  😉

(bigger than my whole house)

Oceania is not perfect  but  we love them anyway

Depends a lot on expectations   so maybe lower them & you will not be disappointed

We are not foodies or big drinkers but are willing to pay  the prices for the Oceania experience

JMO