Butler service for in-suite dining

terigo

We are going on the Riviera in a Penthouse Suite. My brother-in-law and his wife are going on the same cruise, regular cabin. He joked that "we will just take advantage of your perks" One of the perks we want to take advantage of is in-suite dining. Will our butler bring course by course to all of us, or just the ones in the suite? It's going to bum me out if we have to forgo this benefit because they can't join us.

• terigo changed the title to Butler service for in-suite dining
14 minutes ago, terigo said:

We are going on the Riviera in a Penthouse Suite. My brother-in-law and his wife are going on the same cruise, regular cabin. He joked that "we will just take advantage of your perks" One of the perks we want to take advantage of is in-suite dining. Will our butler bring course by course to all of us, or just the ones in the suite? It's going to bum me out if we have to forgo this benefit because they can't join us.

1. The small table at the foot of the bed on O Class ships are marginally adequate for two to dine. Four is impossible.

2. The Butler will only serve those guests assigned to him in a PH. An OS or VS might get different services, but not a PH.

3. Just as a fwiw, one should always attempt to arrange en-suite dining with their butler at least by the morning of the day such services are desired. One doesn’t want to demand services when they wait and end up being #12 on his list for that date. If

you do, don’t expect hot food!

A penthouse suite is not large enough to serve 4 people.  It's just large enough for 2.  My last cruise on O was in a PH on Marina and we had our butler serve breakfast to us a couple of mornings.  It would have been unrealistic for a table of 4.  

When we’re just having appetizers, I might remain at table as we often share the various appetizers we order.

However, when the main course is brought out with the big plates, the water glasses, the wine glasses, bread, etc., I almost always move and eat off the small coffee table and let my lovely wife have the table. 

Except for nights when appetizers are dinner, the cramped conditions is a major reason we rarely dine in at dinner.

1 hour ago, terigo said:

Have you been in a PH on Oceania yet? Once you see it I think you'll understand the answers you got here. You need an Oceania Suite or higher for 4 people to dine. 

5 minutes ago, terigo said:

Thanks for the answers. I didn't think it would be viable, but now I have to make sure my husband doesn't expect to eat dinner with them on the nights we want to stay in 😄 

You can have them over for hors d’oeuvres and drinks which can be arranged with your butler.

• Like 1

Not withstanding the size limitations   inviting people in non PH  cabin to dine in  is another issue

It is  a perk people pay for with the price of the PH

The butlers have several cabins to service

I agree  have them over drinks/snacks before dinner

• Like 1

Well, we did in fact have a couple of non-PH people join us for a meal one time.  It is cramped, that is for sure, but we did do it one time.  I certainly wouldn't make a habit of it, but the one time we did it, nothing was said.  I would think that if you did it often, you might hear about it.

On 3/30/2021 at 1:19 PM, terigo said:

Thanks for the answers. I didn't think it would be viable, but now I have to make sure my husband doesn't expect to eat dinner with them on the nights we want to stay in 😄 

I honestly believe there can be too much togetherness so, yeah, they can do their own thing and y'all can.