The Last Cruise HBO

dkjretired

Just watched.  It just reminded me of my own experience on a cruise in March 2020. We were denied entry at most ports, given misinformation, and remained stuck at sea until we were allowed back into Miami.  We never should’ve gone on that cruise.  

• Like 1

I found the documentary fascinating. It must have been excruciating, hopeless, and just quite the challenge for everyone on board. Ugh, the conditions the staff were put through is heartbreaking.  It cements my wish to only cruise with passengers and crew that have been fully vaccinated.  The documentary is definitely worth a watch.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It was a very fascinating documentary; I actually watched it twice. I only wish it had been longer. I’ve never seen so many people crammed in the lounge doing aerobics!  It’s really sad so many blamed Princess when no one in the world knew at the time how the virus spread. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 8:48 AM, stevea20 said:

I think what the crew went through was the most upsetting thing.  Not moving someone to another room when their roommate tested positive. One man from Indonesia saying that after the passengers were evacuated that they truly feared for their lives, and the rumor, that shouldn't been taken seriously, that authorities might have had the ship sunk.  Very disturbing.

I think the show reinforces that the cruise lines MUST get the safety protocols right for both passengers and crew.  It will not be perfect, cruise lines despite all possible precautions have never been able to stop outbreaks of norovirus. I personally have no problem with requiring all aboard be vaccinated, but I know some people either can't or refuse to be vaccinated and that's their choice.  Obviously, there's a lot to figure out.

"authorities might have had the ship sunk."- We watched the documentary twice and didn't catch this until the second time.  It seemed it was someone in security on the ship fearing this.  I can't imagine that!

Flying home with sick people on the plane must have also been scary.

Also - feel really bad for the crew!  I'd like to see other "last" cruise documentaries just for other perspectives.