Citi rates CCL as a Buy.

TriumphGuy

I owned 100 shares of CCL purchased at around 30 and definitly got my nickle's worth of OBC and then I bought 100 more when CCL was around 58 or so. It was pretty painful to see the stock at 9 😒 so to lessen the pain, I bought more and sold the higher cost shares. I'm glad to see the pros think it was not a dumb move!

11 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I am a long time buy and hold investor of CCL with investing of all dividends.  I believe that the Company will survive.  But, I am not buying more shares at this time.  

And unfortunately also not receiving any dividends.😒

Sigh, I do remember when they doubled the dividend.😎

Someone told me "buy what you know and buy what you love" so I do. Hope to be able to make a tidy sum on CCL to fund some good long cruises as I get older (...and older...waiting...for a cruise)

Especially since I don't seem to be one to the "average people" that StoryLines is pitching their residential ship to (but boyoboy do I wish I were!)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ekkc10753 said:

Someone told me "buy what you know and buy what you love" so I do. Hope to be able to make a tidy sum on CCL to fund some good long cruises as I get older (...and older...waiting...for a cruise)

Especially since I don't seem to be one to the "average people" that StoryLines is pitching their residential ship to (but boyoboy do I wish I were!)

That was Peter Lynch's advise way back in the 80s and 90s.  Most of that advise was given pre-internet.  The biggest issue with it now is everyone knows what you know so it is baked into the price. 

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

That was Peter Lynch's advise way back in the 80s and 90s.  Most of that advise was given pre-internet.  The biggest issue with it now is everyone knows what you know so it is baked into the price. 

I think the "Buy what you know" quote actually refers to "Buy what you understand". He meant shy away from investments you don't know much about until you do. 

1 minute ago, kevingastreich said:

I think the "Buy what you know" quote actually refers to "Buy what you understand". He meant shy away from investments you don't know much about until you do. 

It is straight out of Peter Lynch’s books.  I read them all, it was all the rage back in its day

6 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Not so sure, they have over $10 billion in additional debt to deal with.

I don't expect dividends to be paid in 2021 or 2022 by CCL or RCI.  OK, by me.  Stay in business.  Don't go bankrupt.  Deal with the additional debt that has had to acquired.  Use common sense in managing the Company.  That's what I expect as a shareholder in both of these Companies.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

"Buy what you understand".

That has been what I have done with all of the investments that I have made for my personal portfolio.  

My "managed investment portfolio" that I have with an investment company:  there are investments made in companies that I have no idea of what they "do" or what "product" they make.  Yet, the "professional" managing that account has done a very good job over the years.  He has had his "misses", but he has had his "wins" as well.