New Itineries

Ilovemygarden

4 hours ago, annemn245 said:

Great to see the itineraries listed, Thanks Wowzz.  Devastated that Arvia won't be in the Caribbean for Cmas 2022.  Is Britannia the only one that will be there?  Is Easter (April 2023) on the list at all?  Can't take 2 weeks in Feb with school hols and too far to travel for just 1 week. 

As far as I can see, only Britannia in the Caribbean for xmas 22. The schedule does not go as far as April 23.

2 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Wowzz

Any nice short breaks to the continent in early 2023?

ie Rotterdam, Bruges, Guernsey, etc...........

Thank you

Cruisefan2012 

Sorry if the quality is not great. Looks like P&O are phasing out the short breaks,  I assume because they are unprofitable. 

16175746059705739983715398587705.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Sorry if the quality is not great. Looks like P&O are phasing out the short breaks,  I assume because they are unprofitable. 

16175746059705739983715398587705.jpg

Thank you !!! 

Cant make out dates but can see they are on Iona and going to the ports I want !!

Cant wait for Wednesday 

35 minutes ago, wowzz said:

As far as I can see, only Britannia in the Caribbean for xmas 22. The schedule does not go as far as April 23.

That's what I thought. It's strange.  I see Ventura doing 35 & 28 night round trips from SOU and includes stops like Guadalupe which would be great, shame they don't include fly cruise option just for the Caribbean end of it.  Thanks for the info. 

2 minutes ago, annemn245 said:

That's what I thought. It's strange.  I see Ventura doing 35 & 28 night round trips from SOU and includes stops like Guadalupe which would be great, shame they don't include fly cruise option just for the Caribbean end of it.  Thanks for the info. 

I may have misunderstood your post, but if they did fly cruises just for the Caribbean part, that would mean that they would be sailing to and from the Caribbean with hundreds of empty cabins. How  is  that profitable? 

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

I may have misunderstood your post, but if they did fly cruises just for the Caribbean part, that would mean that they would be sailing to and from the Caribbean with hundreds of empty cabins. How  is  that profitable? 

That's what I thought, we have done 4x35nighters from Southampton and they have always been full so no scope for anyone flying out to just do the Caribbean.

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

No, what I meant was those that want to do the round trip is fine, but if they would do a shorter option for those that don't have 28/35 days to fly and join the ship in the Caribbean and then fly home again.  

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

That's what I thought, we have done 4x35nighters from Southampton and they have always been full so no scope for anyone flying out to just do the Caribbean.

Fair enough, it was just a question for those of us who don't have 28/35 nights free time, especially with it looking like Britannia is the only other ship from the fleet in the Caribbean over that Xmas period 

41 minutes ago, annemn245 said:

Fair enough, it was just a question for those of us who don't have 28/35 nights free time, especially with it looking like Britannia is the only other ship from the fleet in the Caribbean over that Xmas period 

The other thing is that depending which route the ship takes you actually only get just over 2 weeks actually stopping at different islands in the Caribbean. The nice thing for us is usually by the 3rd day it is warm enough to sunbath or walk around deck/play games in shorts. 

18 hours ago, wowzz said:

16175569711782778034322305973354.jpg

Wow that is a heck of a disappointing maiden for Arvia, who on earth wants to sail from Southampton in December round trip? you can write off almost half your cruise days leaving and returning to Southampton. I was really hoping the maiden would be the TA to Caribbean. I will give the maiden a miss I reckon on that basis having missed the boat on the Iona maiden due to events. Thanks for posting though and very helpful for our planning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sweep2907 said:

Wow that is a heck of a disappointing maiden for Arvia, who on earth wants to sail from Southampton in December round trip? you can write off almost half your cruise days leaving and returning to Southampton. I was really hoping the maiden would be the TA to Caribbean. I will give the maiden a miss I reckon on that basis having missed the boat on the Iona maiden due to events. Thanks for posting though and very helpful for our planning. 

I understand what you say but presumably a December maiden is unavoidable. I haven’t done a t/a cruise due to one on Britannia being cancelled last year, but I would think there would be several December weather days to begin the cruise, just like the Canaries, although of course they would be both beginning and end. As a new ship for a British cruise line, it seems reasonable for the first couple of cruises to be from and to Southampton.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sweep2907 said:

I imagine they wanted to give all would be passengers, including those that won't or cannot fly, the opportunity to book the maiden cruise. Your option would limit it to only those capable of, or willing to fly back.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I imagine they wanted to give all would be passengers, including those that won't or cannot fly, the opportunity to book the maiden cruise. Your option would limit it to only those capable of, or willing to fly back.

I would have thought it is more to do with the fixing of snags and not having to fly the workmen and equipment back from the Caribbean.

5 hours ago, sweep2907 said:

Suits us fine, we will be trying to book the maiden.

4 hours ago, H.Thorne said:

Have you got the Arvia Caribbean cruises and no fly Mediterranean on other ships? Thanks. 

I posted Vera's schedule in post 47,  I think. 

Sorry, my brochure doesn't show the full Med itineraries. 

• Thanks 1