New Itineries

Ilovemygarden

1 minute ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Same for me aswell !!

Even receiving the confirmation 4 times?

There is a slight difference in each one with the wording on the end but why they could not have covered that in one email ......... oh wait it is P&O🤣

Just now, MX-Drew said:

Even receiving the confirmation 4 times?

There is a slight difference in each one with the wording on the end but why they could not have covered that in one email ......... oh wait it is P&O🤣

Yes, I got 4 email confirmations from P&O - each one different...

Just now, jeanlyon said:

That is the problem with pre-registering.  You cannot choose your cabin.

I`ve just discovered quoting, can you tell....

No, you cant pick your cabin at the moment but when they "officially..." go on sale you could always ring P&O and say can I have X cabin instead...... I have done that a couple of times

For me I`m a light sleeper, I dont like being by lifts, stairs or a laundrette..... I`m the same in hotels after an awful nights sleep in Belfast once in 2011 as I was in a room by a lift and could hear people coming and going and the lift bell all night .... 

12 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Just had a look and wonder why there is nothing on Aurora after March 2023?  There is just a Norway cruise in March and then nothing.

I'm very disappointed too Jean, they are pushing the larger ships and they don't interest us at all.

Avril

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm very disappointed too Jean, they are pushing the larger ships and they don't interest us at all.

Avril

I don’t think they are necessarily pushing the large ships, it’s just that Arcadia and Aurora are doing the long world and South America voyages so there is not much left. 

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

But there is nothing for Aurora in April - her last one in March is Norway ending 4th April.  Maybe they just haven't done those yet.

To be fair, no cruises for any ship are listed for April, as far as I can see. The brochure clearly states Oct 21 to March 23.

Edited by wowzz

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Had a quick look at some of the prices for the Caribbean for 2023, and to my inexperienced eye they don't seem too bad.  However,  as we know, by the time you choose select fares, and a decent cabin, the final price bears little comparison to the initial pricing shown.

But, is it just me, but I really can't get worked up about even thinking of booking anything this far out?  We have various cruises booked over the next 18 months, plus we are in the early stages of planning a mega anniversary land based holiday, but even with these we are feeling a little lukewarm, due to possible shore restrictions, social distancing etc.

I know we need to be optimistic,  but I think I'm going to pass on 2023 bookings until circumstances improve, even if that may come at a financial cost.

it’s not just you.

I’ve got two cruises booked in 2022, moved from earlier cruises. Because the original cruises were ‘big’ cruises, it means I’ve got over £2000 tied up in deposit money, so I don’t want to fork out any more money at this stage for an unknown experience.

Plus, I don’t really feel inclined to book anything else until I see how the ‘seacations’ go, and then how ‘real’ cruises go after that. If everything goes ok, and there’s a degree of certainty that cruises will go ahead as scheduled, then I might consider new bookings. 

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

To be fair, no cruises for any ship are listed for April, as far as I can see. The brochure clearly states Oct 21 to March 23.

Wowzz, you are right.  Remind me when they issue the April 2023 onwards cruises?  Is it September this year?

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Wowzz, you are right.  Remind me when they issue the April 2023 onwards cruises?  Is it September this year?

Its usually September time

From what I can tell Azura will be back in Malta for Summer 2023......

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

That's what I read elsewhere, but it's only an educated guess.

Yep, leaves us with a problem about this October.  At present we are due to pay our balance in July with no way of knowing whether it will sail and also having to buy travel insurance.  Hey ho.  Will have to wait and see what transpires.

• Like 1

Morning all, I have noticed all this pre-registration before but never realised you could secure your place today before they go on sale. Is that what usually happens? Then on the day they go on sale to certain tier holders you can select what cabin you actually want?

33 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I don’t think they are necessarily pushing the large ships, it’s just that Arcadia and Aurora are doing the long world and South America voyages so there is not much left. 

We like to cruise in November early December and have always sailed Arcadia or Aurora for at least 14 nights, but not so next year, just the larger ships.

Avril

9 minutes ago, sweep2907 said:

Morning all, I have noticed all this pre-registration before but never realised you could secure your place today before they go on sale. Is that what usually happens? Then on the day they go on sale to certain tier holders you can select what cabin you actually want?

No, you will be issued with a cabin.  That's why I use a Travel Agent to get what I want.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Will they actually be able to get you a price before bookings are open?

Yes, price is locked in.  Very pleased, balcony, Select, £90 pp onboard credit  £2627 pp  TA 22 nights Southampton to Antigua, return flight to Manchester and coach from Manchester to Southampton included.

26 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Its usually September time

From what I can tell Azura will be back in Malta for Summer 2023......

Yes, looks like it. The repositioning cruise from the Canaries to Malta is on sale.

39 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

No, you will be issued with a cabin.  That's why I use a Travel Agent to get what I want.

When pre registering under the description for the select fare it is says that you can choose your cabin availability permitting, and I recall I saw it elsewhere along the the route to paying the deposit it mention ringing P&O to select your desired cabin when they go on general sale. 

As for using a TA, two I tried wanted £400 more than P&O and even then they wanted a choice of cabins and could not guarantee I would get one of those so I don't think they are doing anything different. 

Edited by MX-Drew

We are now thinking of a couple of B2B Azura cruises, but possibly also interested in the round trip Caribbean, but I can only find details of anything other than the Arvia/Azura ones on the P&O site, am I missing something?

Also we would normally book with an agent to secure a specific cabin, but as Mediterranean members the price may go up, so a couple of questions:-

If we pre register with P&O are we assured of the price quoted, and are we risking a rise if we book through the beast?

How difficult is it to get a decently placed cabin if we book through P&O - do they still let agents have first pick of the cabins?

Are we hoping too much if we ask for the same cabin for both cruises, we would not really mind changing in Tenerife as will spend a while there?

Edited by tring

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

That is the problem with pre-registering.  You cannot choose your cabin.

You can pick a selection of cabins of your choice if you book with a TA and direct. I would never pre register direct with P&O.