Heads up...

tjosh7

Tried adding a shore excursion and a dining package to my July reservation, just to see what would happen. Got this response both times:

i

We’re sorry, we have encountered an issue updating your reservation. Please contact Norwegian for assistance

3 hours ago, Wizpharm2 said:

Using balcony cabins only would be because cruisers would be more comfortable if they need to be quarantined in their cabin and the outside air will help with decreasing viral load in the ventilation system.  The concentration of virus in the air is the primary contributor/determination of transmission and although cruise companies claim they have upgraded to HEPA filters, using outside air will dilute the concentration quicker.

Not using the same room back to back is so they don’t have try to clean/sanitize during the short timeline available on a typical embarkation/debarkation day.

Passing someone in a hallway is not really a high risk activity, nor is spending time outdoors, especially in sunlight as it naturally inactivates the virus in under 30 seconds.

So much of how various governments/agencies have responded to this virus does not appear to  based on science.

I was actually thinking in terms of a previous post that mentioned using inside cabins in the event quarantine was necessary for crew.  I am fully aware that hallway passing isn't a huge risk.

I just don't see NCL doing a free upgrade to outside, as some are betting on.  If you want to be comfortable in the event of quarantine, book a comfortable cabin in the first place.

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

We book Inside on purpose and wouldn't be happy to move unless they really make it worthwhile.

I'm curious. Why is that? (if it is something other than price). 

Personally I have to have fresh air. I have done one inside cabin and while it wasn't bad, I didn't care for it; I felt claustrophobic. 

• Like 1

@zerooveride

We love being able to have complete darkness at all times when we want to sleep.  We are 75+ and like an afternoon siesta.

Also we have done two cruises that have had periods above the Arctic Circle and had to laugh when there were so many complaints from people who could not get any sleep when there was 24 hours of daylight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zerooveride said:

Personally I have to have fresh air. I have done one inside cabin and while it wasn't bad, I didn't care for it; I felt claustrophobic. 

I have family with younger children and they won't book a balcony because they don't want to worry about a child climbing on the railing.  Not sure why they avoid OV tho.

Edited by julig22
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, zerooveride said:

In my case....Gem out of NYC in January to the Bahamas, so maybe the balcony is good for 3 days, but those would be port days anyway.

I've been on the Gem many times....interior, obstructed OV, balcony, mini-suite (really didn't care for the mini-suite: bathtub issues).  The difference of sizes of the cabins  is insignificant.

Worst case scenario...they assign me a horrible interior room right under a nightclub.  I can always upgrade.  If I end up with an interior in a decent location, I'll be ok with that.

And, yes, that darkness is great for sleeping!

• Like 1

I just checked the NCL website this morning and now the Hawaii POA cruises are showing available for July and August which didn't show up over the weekend.  However these are the only NCL cruises that shows as available until September. With the CDC no cruise from US ports will the POA be able to sail in July? As I posted earlier my sister and her family are booked on the POA in July and I am helping her get more information on her cruise. She is going to call her TA this morning to see what she can find out.

25 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I just checked the NCL website this morning and now the Hawaii POA cruises are showing available for July and August which didn't show up over the weekend.  However these are the only NCL cruises that shows as available until September. With the CDC no cruise from US ports will the POA be able to sail in July? As I posted earlier my sister and her family are booked on the POA in July and I am helping her get more information on her cruise. She is going to call her TA this morning to see what she can find out.

Cruises out of Southampton are still not showing anything until September.

32 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I'm actually not surprised.

The U.S. is much farther ahead in vaccine distribution than a lot of other countries (not all but a lot of them). The POA is a US Flagged vessel and it has a mostly US crew. It is probably much easier to get this ship's crew vaccinated first as most states right now are allowing anyone 16+ to get vaccinated. 

Also, with it being a US Flagged vessel, they do not have to worry about issues regarding foreign ports. 

Plus, the CDC recently said that fully vaccinated US Citizens can travel around the US without restrictions anymore. This would probably be a no brainer for the CDC to approve and may be one of the first that they do.

• Like 1

We got notice yesterday both from NCL and our travel agent that our cruise from Iceland in August, and most cruises until Sept. are cancelled.  There are a couple of exceptions, Bliss and Pride of America.  We weren't surprised, though surprised it was cancelled this early.

The same day!!! got an ad from NCL saying they are cruising this summer, some of the ads were for the Caribbean and Med.  So who knows what is going on.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 4:16 AM, zerooveride said:

I do the same. I don't go on a cruise to sit in my bedroom. So I pay for the inside cabin and am only in there to sleep, shower and get changed. If I want fresh air, I go out on deck where there's music, atmosphere and bars 😄

• Like 1