The Daily for Tuesday Apr 06, 2021

richwmn

28 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I had a very chatty visit with my newest neighbor this morning.  Maybe next time I'll invite my neighbor on the opposite side of me to come over so they can meet.  Three women talking!  We may have to start earlier so everybody gets their fair share of yakking in.  😁

Our trips to Oranjestad, Aruba were in 2006 (Crown Princess, 2016 (Westerdam), and 2019 (Rotterdam).  Imagine my surprise when I read @VMax1700was in Aruba on March 18, 2016 on Oosterdam!  We were there the same day on Westerdam.  Here is a photo of the two ships together.enhance

After a bit of investigative work, that's Oostie up front 😉 

summer slope

• Cool Cruiser
  • summer slope
  •  
  • 2,666 posts
  • March 31, 2013
  • Sebring, Florida

The Oosterdam was in front of us. Directionally challenged. It was enjoyable watching her leave from the Crow's Nest.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Far be it from me to tell a lady that she may be wrong......😉, but below are pics taken from stern of Oosterdam looking to the bow of Westerdam as we departed first.  So the one on the left was Oosterdam.

DSC00664.JPG

DSC00674.JPG

DSC00675.JPG

Your photographic evidence preceded my investigative legwork!  Great job, you're hired as part of the team! 😉

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Overhead Fred said:

Maybe we should plan a CC Daily cruise someday!

I can't believe three of us Dailyites were in Oranjestad that day.  I'm sure some of us have been on other cruises as well.  Planning a CC Daily cruise would be fun.

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So @summer slopewas on the Westerdam with me?  OMG!

Thanks @Copper10-8for doing your investigation for me.

I was there too, I met @summer slope on the Westy. I was on my way to do a B2B with Hawaii/SouPacific. summer slope and DH got off in San Diego, Kazu was doing the CC roll call for that 35-day cruise to south of the Equator. Small world

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

I was there too, I met @summer slope on the Westy. I was on my way to do a B2B with Hawaii/SouPacific. summer slope and DH got off in San Diego, Kazu was doing the CC roll call for that 35-day cruise to south of the Equator. Small world

Now there's four of us.  Indeed a small world.🌏

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Wow, wish we would have known. 

41 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I know, right?   Maybe in the future some of us will be able to meet up on a cruise.🙏

And here goes my “plug” for M & G’s.  That’s how we meet a lot of CC people.  I have been very lucky to meet many great CC members and some have become life long friends.

• Like 13

42 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Maybe we should plan a CC Daily cruise someday!

11 minutes ago, dfish said:

I was thinking the same thing!  Great minds.

The only question - could we all agree on an itinerary 😂 

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Now there's four of us.  Indeed a small world.🌏

That was the cruise that we had the toot banner and stood up on the top by the Westerdam sign. DH, happily at sea, and me.

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

What fun we could have creating the itinerary!   I vote for Bora Bora! 

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We’d also vote for Bora Bora.  We’ve been there about six times and would gladly go back.

Lenda

We will be there Nov. 2 and 3 next year, join us!  😁

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Your photographic evidence preceded my investigative legwork!  Great job, you're hired as part of the team! 😉

Thank you indeed!  Do I need to know the funny handshake? 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

What fun we could have creating the itinerary!   I vote for Bora Bora! 

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We’d also vote for Bora Bora.  We’ve been there about six times and would gladly go back.

Lenda

Sorry, but being contrarian, I don’t vote to go there again.  It was great but there were too many missed ports and too many missed private tours because of a change in itinerary on our last Westerdam cruise. South Pacific was very repetitive for scenery, culture, etc.  But that’s just us.  If we’re going for scenery....

How about the Norwegian fjords?  

We’re going there next year for the first time.

You don’t have to be on both segments and Amsterdam is a very pretty city with fantastic, friendly people to arrive in and them transfer to Rotterdam 😉 

FEDFEB6D-A20C-4D7F-A430-CF888BE6300E.thumb.jpeg.74fd155e8450d9bbf0f215d9d32549b0.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

That was the cruise that we had the toot banner and stood up on the top by the Westerdam sign. DH, happily at sea, and me.

Kathi (scrapnana) kindly lent the toot banner to me.  So nice of her.  We had a couple of banners and flags.  It was a great sail a way 😄 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, kazu said:

Sorry, but being contrarian, I don’t vote to go there again.  It was great but there were too many missed ports and too many missed private tours because of a change in itinerary on our last Westerdam cruise. South Pacific was very repetitive for scenery, culture, etc.  But that’s just us.  If we’re going for scenery....

You don’t have to be on both segments and Amsterdam is a very pretty city with fantastic, friendly people to arrive in and them transfer to Rotterdam 😉 

FEDFEB6D-A20C-4D7F-A430-CF888BE6300E.thumb.jpeg.74fd155e8450d9bbf0f215d9d32549b0.jpeg

I'm always in for the cooler climates.  So refreshing!  (but no snow and ice, okay?)

Edited to say that I don't mind the snowy climates at all, but I know @kazuhas had enough after winter is over.  Just thinking of you!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, kazu said:

HOWEVER, I've been to all those ports except Ilfracombe.  Has anyone ever heard of Ilfracombe?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, kazu said:

I'd love it, but I'm already promised to my sister and a friend for that cruise.  If we could work on the dates to coincide with my cruise, it might work.  We are actually doing a back to back called Best of Norway because it hits mostly fjord towns.  

• Like 6