Freedom moving to Miami

5 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

We are booked on Freedom in January 2022. I'm looking forward to it! The videos I've seen show a beautiful ship. Looks like it only went out very briefly after it was amplified before the shutdown happened. We are trying the new JS cabins on deck 11, right off the solarium. Seems like a great location, and the rooms will be almost brand new when we (hopefully) sail.

Freedom is an awesome ship. And you are right about the new forward cabins on deck 11... great location.

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Freedom is an awesome ship. And you are right about the new forward cabins on deck 11... great location.

Glad to hear it's a great ship! Our cabin is on deck 11. I loved the set up of the JS cabins on that deck, there are only 4 cabins per side, it's almost like having a private hallway.I hope 🙂

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

I remember when Voyager Class started they were doing 7niter East/West Caribbean 3 Ports and 3 Sea Days flying high speed Port to Port. Love my Sea Days. Within year they started doing 4 Port and 2 Sea Days. 

I remember those days, too. Explorer and Navigator would sail out of Miami on Saturdays, one going east and the other west. Voyager sailed from Miami on Sundays alternating east and west.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I wonder if the move from Navigator to Freedom is why I'm seeing the suites as sold out on our Jan 3 cruise. There were plenty of them available this morning when I price checked. Are they locking sales of the suites to make sure everyone who has one on Navigator can be moved to a similar suite if they choose to make the switch?

Yes, the have blocked out categories to make sure people can transfer. All that is available is guarantees for any category 

58 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, the have blocked out categories to make sure people can transfer. All that is available is guarantees for any category 

Yes the same thing happened when we were changed from Freedom to Explorer. When I got the email I had my choice of OS's.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Xkontour98 said:

Why is that? Is there any significant difference between it and Navigator or Mariner? 

I like the Freedom class over Voyager class ships because of the extra sizer of the Royal Promenade.  On Voyager class ship it seemed a bit claustrophobic. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Trying to be positive, but was so happy to have Navigator coming to Ft. Lauderdale (just an Uber ride to port),versus having to drive and park at PortMiami ($22/day). 

For a 7 night cruise, that’s $154. How does that compare to Uber RT your home -POM?

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

For a 7 night cruise, that’s $154. How does that compare to Uber RT your home -POM?

I live less than 15 minutes from Port Everglades, so Uber runs about $20 to get to the Port. Coming home I always just take a taxi from the taxi line, and that runs about $30. So it is cheaper than parking at PortMiami. However, Royal's terminal at Miami is really nice, and so well set up, I would always recommend parking there versus parking off-site (some off-site parking lots are in sketchy areas of Miami). To Uber to Miami from Ft. Lauderdale can run $60-$70 depending on time of day/traffic, so we figure it could be close to $145 with tip. 

Edited by sandebeach

2 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I live less than 15 minutes from Port Everglades, so Uber runs about $20 to get to the Port. Coming home I always just take a taxi from the taxi line, and that runs about $30. So it is cheaper than parking at PortMiami. However, Royal's terminal at Miami is really nice, and so well set up, I would always recommend parking there versus parking off-site (some off-site parking lots are in sketchy areas of Miami). To Uber to Miami from Ft. Lauderdale can run $60-$70 depending on time of day/traffic, so we figure it could be close to $145 with tip. 

So you could Uber to Miami and it would still be cheaper than parking. 😉