July Med cruise headache

rdt123

Hi all 

I realize I’m not on my own but I’m after a bit of advice. We were due to cruise on the seaview from Rome on July 25th. There’s  me, my wife and two kids in a two bedroom suite and my parents in a balcony.

we booked through an agent with a 400 deposit on ours and 200 on my parents.

Our payment due date is coming up next month and im not confident the cruise will go ahead. That said if I cancel we lose our deposit. If I pay the full balance I’m tying up 4K I could use for another holiday if the cruise didn’t then go ahead. I’m also concerned that I may book flights which go ahead but the cruise doesn’t. I think we’d all be happy with a credit note toward a future cruise (we’ve got two msc cruises booked in 2022) 

any thoughts or ideas much appreciated 

rob

• Like 1

From the uk. If they require vaccinated passengers only we are die because of the kids (blatant age discrimination) 

ive just heard the ship is now sailing Northern Europe !

rob

5 hours ago, rdt123 said:

Our payment due date is coming up next month and im not confident the cruise will go ahead. That said if I cancel we lose our deposit....

Don't cancel, MSC will cancel this cruise....without a doubt!

Hi

I've been in a similar position.  What they did for us was put a 25% increase on your deposit for when you want to rebook.  For example my £300 deposit turned into a £375 future cruise credit. 

12 hours ago, dritan said:

Hi

I've been in a similar position.  What they did for us was put a 25% increase on your deposit for when you want to rebook.  For example my £300 deposit turned into a £375 future cruise credit. 

Thanks - do you I’ll be able to knock the amount off one of the cruises I’ve already booked or is it at time of booking only ?

On 4/7/2021 at 6:45 PM, rdt123 said:

Hi all 

I realize I’m not on my own but I’m after a bit of advice. We were due to cruise on the seaview from Rome on July 25th. There’s  me, my wife and two kids in a two bedroom suite and my parents in a balcony.

we booked through an agent with a 400 deposit on ours and 200 on my parents.

Our payment due date is coming up next month and im not confident the cruise will go ahead. That said if I cancel we lose our deposit. If I pay the full balance I’m tying up 4K I could use for another holiday if the cruise didn’t then go ahead. I’m also concerned that I may book flights which go ahead but the cruise doesn’t. I think we’d all be happy with a credit note toward a future cruise (we’ve got two msc cruises booked in 2022) 

any thoughts or ideas much appreciated 

rob

Have you tried to change the cruise to a cruise next summer instead? We had a cruise booked for July this year but won't cruise as long as masks are mandatory on the ship and MSC let us change go a cruise next summer instead. We had to pay a fee for the change but not very much. 

MSC have confirmed to me today that seaview is relocating to Northern Europe so my sailing won’t go ahead. MSC UK don’t yet know what the result will be but they say my agent will be informed. I note the seaside is cruising from Rome 3 days earlier but we can’t travel on that so I’d imagine we will just be refunded 

5 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Why are you so sure that they will cancel the cruise? I don't say that I disagree with you but don't know why you are so sure.

Given COVID-19 in the med countries, and Italy is a total wash, I am of the opinion there is no chance of the cases reducing to the extent that cruising can resume from Italy....sometimes my hunches are correct, sometimes wrong!

Aside from that, MSC announced a few days ago that Seaview will be sailing in the Northern Europe area, that is why I am so sure that Seaview will not sail from Rome! 

Edited by hamrag

13 hours ago, hamrag said:

Given COVID-19 in the med countries, and Italy is a total wash, I am of the opinion there is no chance of the cases reducing to the extent that cruising can resume from Italy....sometimes my hunches are correct, sometimes wrong!

Aside from that, MSC announced a few days ago that Seaview will be sailing in the Northern Europe area, that is why I am so sure that Seaview will not sail from Rome! 

I agree with what you say. Will Seaview be an "extra" ship in the Northern Europe or will she replace another ship? Maybe another ship will do the Mediterranean cruises so that they won't be cancelled?

1 hour ago, sverigecruiser said:

I agree with what you say. Will Seaview be an "extra" ship in the Northern Europe or will she replace another ship? Maybe another ship will do the Mediterranean cruises so that they won't be cancelled?

It appears Splendid a cruises in Northern Europe will be cancelled. Official announcement on Monday.