Iceland's Natural Beauty General - 2022

TayanaLorna

4 minutes ago, Mehroswitha said:

Those who have gotten multiple charges on your credit card: Had you entered CC info during excursion booking, or had the system automatically used CC with which you booked the cruise? My shopping cart icon shows two excursions but when I try to check out it tells me cart is empty. I'd hate to think my card used in booking cruise is being charged each time I re-try! 

You have to enter your cc information each time you check out.  I have 3 pending charges on my cc statement, but two of those are for payments that (according to Viking) did not go through.  I'm actually not worried about the multiple pending charges.  That'll be dealt with.  

Major self inflicted wounds by Viking now complicating the work lives of already overworked staff.
Someone in Viking senior management needed to say NO to allowing mass instantaneous booking which by the way shafts us folks who pay many hundreds $$$ extra for PV with early booking benefit.
Fiasco that exacerbates the already problematical customer situation.
Makes folks' tension levels off the charts and casts a pall over the long awaited cruise experience.

Edited by philw1776
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, philw1776 said:

Major self inflicted wounds by Viking now complicating the work lives of already overworked staff.
Someone in Viking senior management needed to say NO to allowing mass instantaneous booking which by the way shafts us folks who pay many hundreds $$$ extra for PV with early booking benefit.
Fiasco that exacerbates the already problematical customer situation.
Makes folks' tension levels off the charts and casts a pall over the long awaited cruise e

Agree completely.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Seaharvest said:

Are some of you getting into MVJ to check your calendar, etc? I can’t get passed the Your booking is closed page? 

When I try to log into MVJ it says it's down for maintenance so I think the free for all shorex release has broken the internet! I also received an email to set up an MVJ account...which I've had for a long time. Yep, it's broken!! 

2 minutes ago, VI_Lounger said:

When I try to log into MVJ it says it's down for maintenance so I think the free for all shorex release has broken the internet! I also received an email to set up an MVJ account...which I've had for a long time. Yep, it's broken!! 

Mine to... totally shut down

1 minute ago, Porcupine 52 said:

Mine to... totally shut down

The best part is that I was chatting with Paisley and they told me to refresh my page to see if that worked and I was totally kicked off with the "down for maintenance" message. 

48 minutes ago, FoggyEthan said:

Three times I checked out my cart only to be told that the payment failed. My credit card shows all 3 charges. I'm am NOT OK with this.

We had the same issue adding excursions May 27 & June 2.  Double charged both days after payment failed, I called Viking June 2, still waiting for the ~$900 over charge to be put back on my card.  

My first go-round I booked excursions in Isafjördur, Djúpivogur, and Heimaey. After checking out my cart and being told payment failed, I confirmed payment is in fact pending on my credit card. Two of the tours show up on my calendar; one doesn't. My second go-round I booked an excursion in Akureyri. Same thing: went to cart, made payment, payment supposedly failed, payment pending in credit card, cart still shows an excursion to check out, tour shows up on calendar with a dotted border, which I assume means pending. Getting to the point where I'm ambivalent whether we're on the excursion or not. 

What a disaster! I have no idea what we are doing, when we are doing it or how much we have paid. What a stressful and frustrating two hours. 😑 Fingers crossed it all works out... trying to be positive! 

• Like 1

As soon as I go to My Viking Journey to try logging on yet one more time I immediately see a message saying the site is down but suggesting that in the meantime I call a number posted there. Tried it and have been on hold for 15 minutes. Do you think there's any point in continuing? I don't--but I want to be able to assure myself that I tried everything.

Just now, anaco_angler said:

My first go-round I booked excursions in Isafjördur, Djúpivogur, and Heimaey. After checking out my cart and being told payment failed, I confirmed payment is in fact pending on my credit card. Two of the tours show up on my calendar; one doesn't. My second go-round I booked an excursion in Akureyri. Same thing: went to cart, made payment, payment supposedly failed, payment pending in credit card, cart still shows an excursion to check out, tour shows up on calendar with a dotted border, which I assume means pending. Getting to the point where I'm ambivalent whether we're on the excursion or not. 

I had similar problems.  Called Viking and they said the excursions showed confirmed even though  it didn’t show on my calendar.

My guess (have some tech background) is that there are some communication issues between the different parts of the system.  Example, We are experiencing payment failures but the credit card is charged.

Due to the load of messages each part of the system does not get updated quick enough because of large message queues and software that can’t handle the message load quick enough.

could be they closed off the system to allow the messages to drain and apply before reopening.

Just my guess.

• Like 2

Mine show in calendar but have dashes around them.  Intermittently showing in cart too.  Of course D7 is totally messed up as expected with excursions before said arrival time. 

has anyone paid be bank transfer?  I’m afraid to do that after this debacle.  What if we cancel later and we paid via ACH?

Edited by Doc who loves to travel

12 minutes ago, Mehroswitha said:

As soon as I go to My Viking Journey to try logging on yet one more time I immediately see a message saying the site is down but suggesting that in the meantime I call a number posted there. Tried it and have been on hold for 15 minutes. Do you think there's any point in continuing? I don't--but I want to be able to assure myself that I tried everything.

We called, got through 20 minutes later.  "Sorry we can't book excursions for you"  

1 minute ago, Doc who loves to travel said:

Mine show in calendar but have dashes around them.  Intermittently showing in cart too.  Of course D7 is totally messed up as expected with excursions before said arrival time. 

That's the one I was talking about.  Someone at Viking is a bit confused.

28 minutes ago, id4elizabeth said:

I have shorex in my cart but 3 credit cards I've tried keep failing.  I was able to book 2 shorex but now none on any date are even posting.  It's after 2:05 and now the whole site is down

Check your credit card for pending charges.  All of our charges are shown on our credit card page but not on MVJ where they showed as failed.

1 hour ago, FoggyEthan said:

Three times I checked out my cart only to be told that the payment failed. My credit card shows all 3 charges. I'm am NOT OK with this.

If it doesn't right itself, call Viking and get them to fix it.

1 hour ago, anaco_angler said:

Not sure what to do.

Deep breathe and give things time to catch up.

56 minutes ago, Mehroswitha said:

Those who have gotten multiple charges on your credit card: Had you entered CC info during excursion booking, or had the system automatically used CC with which you booked the cruise? My shopping cart icon shows two excursions but when I try to check out it tells me cart is empty. I'd hate to think my card used in booking cruise is being charged each time I re-try! 

Not happening. You have to enter a credit card number. They do not save them from transaction to transaction.

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

That was probably sent out to mitigate any complaints about not being able to sign up for excursions.

In other words - CYA!

Or no one bothered to tell the other departments that shorex had dibs on the server and MVJ today.