Captains Club Free WIFI Minutes Benefits.

intrepid55

What happened to the the free WIFI minutes for Celebrity Elite and above members who booked before the change to "Everything Included". They don't appear on the "Benefits" list. Does this mean that those who booked before the change get free wifi for the duration of the cruise like current bookings?

12 minutes ago, intrepid55 said:

What happened to the the free WIFI minutes for Celebrity Elite and above members who booked before the change to "Everything Included". They don't appear on the "Benefits" list. Does this mean that those who booked before the change get free wifi for the duration of the cruise like current bookings?

It is Always Included and it is far from everything.  No, it does not mean that you get free WiFi,  classic drink package, or gratuities included.  You will receive the perks associated with your original booking at the price you paid.  If you want to have the AI you can rebook at the prevailing rates and it will be included.  You will receive the Captain Club benefits (except the CC party that has be suspended due to Covid) that were in affect when you booked.  (This is what Celebrity said, but of course no one is cruising to say with certainty).  

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, intrepid55 said:

The Elite 90 minutes and Elite Plus 240 minutes do appear on the list of benefits however the are not showing on the Featured Benefits page.  If you go the the Captains Club tiers and benefits and go past the Featured Benefits and go to the brochure and swipe to the 2nd screen you will see all the benefits.

Edited by jelayne

In addition to the answers above, the Program Updates tabs says

Always Included Internet
With Always Included, every cruise booking will now include an unlimited Surf Wifi package per person. We’ve adjusted the previous Captain’s Club internet discount of 10% - 35% to reflect these changes and provide exclusive value.  Now, if you sail with Always Included, you can apply this discount to upgrade from the Surf to the Stream.  If you do not sail with Always Included, you can apply the 10% - 35% discount to any internet package and the complimentary minutes for Elite and Elite Plus will still apply.  And if you book pre-cruise, your discount is combinable with the additional 10% pre-cruise advantage.  Zenith members will continue to enjoy a complimentary Stream internet package for one device in both scenarios.

And this is echoed in the FAQ just below that:

How will internet benefits for loyalty members be impacted since internet will now be part of Always Included?

Previously Captain’s Club members received 10% - 35% off the first internet package purchase.  Elite and Elite Plus members also received 90 and 240 free stream minutes respectively.

Now, if you sail with Always Included, you can apply this discount to upgrade from the Surf to Stream package. If you do not sail with Always Included, you can apply the 10% - 35% discount to any internet package and the complimentary minutes for Elite and Elite Plus member will still apply.

I think that's a pretty clear indication that Elite and above who booked before Always Included will get the WiFi minutes.

I think it is safe to say that Always Included features are just like any promo - you get the promos in force when you book. However, I was told by a Celebrity agent that the Captain's Club changes were immediate and instantly applicable to all bookings. This is going to cause confusion for some time.

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

Even if you have surf wifi included with your AI booking remember that is for 1 device.   The CC benefit (stream) is still available to be activated for another device (another login).

Is that CC benefit available simultaneously with the AI internet plan? The CC tiers and benefits chart pointed to by Cruisderchuck and Jelayne above says "Discount on internet packages and upgrades—and complimentary stream minutes for those without internet included".

I would like to think we could use both AI and CC benefits in various places, but Celebrity has included verbiage along the lines of "Now, if you sail with Always Included, you can apply this discount to upgrade from the Surf to the Stream.  If you do not sail with Always Included, you can apply the 10% - 35% discount to any internet package and the complimentary minutes for Elite and Elite Plus will still apply."

I don't know how they will keep track of all this but I think they are trying to avoid customers getting both at the same time.

• Host Kat changed the title to Captains Club Free WIFI Minutes Benefits.

Someone asked before about using the complimentary minutes on another device when surf was included with AI and they were told yes.  From the way their login system worked I'm sure it will work by creating a separate wifi login for each "package", one for AI included wifi and one for CC minutes.

Now I've never used the discount but I'd still argue that if you were buying another package for an additional device over and above the included AI package you should be able to get the discount as that is still a benefit although made worthless for the majority who only need 1 device (at a time).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

I don't know how they will keep track of all this but I think they are trying to avoid customers getting both at the same time.

One you paid for and the other you earned as a loyalty benefit.    In my book you are entitled to both.  (plus it costs them NOTHING$$).

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

Someone asked before about using the complimentary minutes on another device when surf was included with AI and they were told yes.  From the way their login system worked I'm sure it will work by creating a separate wifi login for each "package", one for AI included wifi and one for CC minutes.

Now I've never used the discount but I'd still argue that if you were buying another package for an additional device over and above the included AI package you should be able to get the discount as that is still a benefit although made worthless for the majority who only need 1 device (at a time).

I would like to agree with your first paragraph - I am not sure how they will easily prevent it, so it is probably easiest for everyone if they just let it happen even if they don't want to.

And I completely agree with your second paragraph!

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

One you paid for and the other you earned as a loyalty benefit.    In my book you are entitled to both.  (plus it costs them NOTHING$$).

And I completely agree with you again. That is how it should be. I am not sure that's what Celebrity intends, whether they actually do anything about it.

9 hours ago, intrepid55 said:

I would assume you get the perks that were associated with the original booking which included free wifi minutes. They are missing from the benefits List, while other benefits are still there?

The list of Captain's Club benefits can be found in at least three places on line.  All three are slightly different!  The benefits have not changed, but unless one books without AI at the last few days before a cruise or have an old booking; several have little or no value.