Chef's Table

peanut head

2 hours ago, Pyro Tec said:

Because of your post, we booked the Chef's Market tour on Beyond just now! Sounds like an exciting and unique tour, though very expensive. But Se Le Ve, as they say! 

How many people were on the tour? There were only 3 seats left and we just took two of them, so I'm assuming very small. It sounds amazing with being able to incorporate the food purchased that day into our dinner, not to mention going to a farmhouse of a local family and seeing how olive oil and mozzerella is hand made! 

Thanks for the reminder about the Chef's Market tour on Beyond.  We will be on the Beyond 4 December 2022 sailing.  Just checked Celebrity's excursions for the Chef's Market tour and did not find one for that sailing.  Which Beyond sailing are you on?

2 hours ago, OUBaylor1 said:

It was a small group, maybe 12 people.  We have always enjoyed visiting markets when traveling overseas.  The dinner was fabulous!  Hope your Chef's Market tour on the Beyond is wonderful.

I have booked this on my last 4 cruises, and in each case they have been canceled as the cruise approached.

15 hours ago, OUBaylor1 said:

Thanks for the reminder about the Chef's Market tour on Beyond.  We will be on the Beyond 4 December 2022 sailing.  Just checked Celebrity's excursions for the Chef's Market tour and did not find one for that sailing.  Which Beyond sailing are you on?

We're on the 26 My 2022 sailing, it'll be only her 3rd sailing! The restrictions are being lifted and there is not a surge (fingers crossed) so we'll see how it goes.

Super excited!

34 minutes ago, capsplace said:

Thanks everyone for the input for the Chef’s Market Tour.  Just booked for our May Mediterranean stop in Naples.  Kinda pricey, but it’ll be worth it!

Congrats! And hopefully it'll be everything you want it to be...

What ship are you on?

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2021 at 1:15 AM, goofysmom99 said:

You also receive a ridiculously heavy Chef Daniel Boulud cookbook (gotta be close to 10 lbs).  I don't take the cookbooks anymore.

We wish it had actually been a cookbook... the heavy book we received in April 2022 is more a book of essays than a cookbook.  We didn't realize that until we brought it home or we wouldn't have taken it.

• 7 months later...
57 minutes ago, Owen1102 said:

Hi!  What night was Chefs Table held on your December cruise?

At the time of purchase, the date was yet to be determined. I ended up canceling this cruise so I cannot tell you when it actually occurred. Sorry. 

• 4 months later...
On 4/13/2021 at 5:40 PM, peanut head said:

Hello All!  I just booked the Chef's Table for my husband and me on the Edge 4/2022 TA and have a couple of questions.  We are staying in a suite where we'll get the Prem. Bev. Pkg (PBP) included.  I am aware that it cannot be used for the "wine pairing" portion of the dining experience.  The event is listed as occurring on the 1st night of sailing at 5:30pm and evening dress is recommended.  I find that hard to believe as it's usually chaotic the 1st night with boarding, luggage arrival and a dinner that would begin at that time.  Here are my questions:

We are looking at doing Chef's Table for our upcoming Edge cruise in the Med.  

Did you end up doing it?  If so, where was the dinner held?

We did reserve the Chef's Table and enjoyed it.  We ended up getting the wine pairing.   There was plenty of food and drink and it was quite good.  It was dressy casual for everyone who attended it and it seemed as though we all got along well.  We had done it on the Equinox in the private room in Tuscan Grille so the location won't be the same for you.   You will have a great time. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 11:31 AM, peanut head said:

We did reserve the Chef's Table and enjoyed it.  We ended up getting the wine pairing.   There was plenty of food and drink and it was quite good.  It was dressy casual for everyone who attended it and it seemed as though we all got along well.  We had done it on the Equinox in the private room in Tuscan Grille so the location won't be the same for you.   You will have a great time. 

We booked the Chef's Table for our upcoming Alaska cruise, and the reservation shows the event being held on Day 1 at noon.  Obviously, that must be just a date and time merely intended to hold the booking.

When did you find out when the event would actually take place?  Was there something in your cabin when you checked in?

Edited by capsplace

We were also told on the planner that it would be Day 1 in the evening.  After scouring CC and asking if this was true and contacting Celebrity, I was told that it is extremely rare for it to occur the 1st day and that it was just a "place holder".  Our event was actually a few days into the 10 day cruise--maybe day 4 or 5?  Once on board, you can speak with the maître d', or your butler if you are in a suite, and you will get more details.  Enjoy. 

By the way, you will get a very heavy cookbook (about 10 pounds) as a gift for attending.  We gave our book away as it was too heavy to lug home and I rarely use actual cookbooks anymore.  I either just experiment in the kitchen or use the internet.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, peanut head said:

We were also told on the planner that it would be Day 1 in the evening.  After scouring CC and asking if this was true and contacting Celebrity, I was told that it is extremely rare for it to occur the 1st day and that it was just a "place holder".  Our event was actually a few days into the 10 day cruise--maybe day 4 or 5?  Once on board, you can speak with the maître d', or your butler if you are in a suite, and you will get more details.  Enjoy. 

By the way, you will get a very heavy cookbook (about 10 pounds) as a gift for attending.  We gave our book away as it was too heavy to lug home and I rarely use actual cookbooks anymore.  I either just experiment in the kitchen or use the internet.

Thanks for the followup!  I did read something about receiving confirmation in our cabin on embarkation day.  We're in Aqua, so no butler to ask.  But I will ask the maitre d' in Blu if nothing in our cabin.

2 hours ago, capsplace said:

Thanks for the followup!  I did read something about receiving confirmation in our cabin on embarkation day.  We're in Aqua, so no butler to ask.  But I will ask the maitre d' in Blu if nothing in our cabin.

There was a confirmation in our cabin on embarkation day last month. The date was changed to an earlier date in a later note. It's a good thing too since we would have been in quarantine if they had held it when originally scheduled. They held as least 2 Chef's Table on that cruise. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

There was a confirmation in our cabin on embarkation day last month. The date was changed to an earlier date in a later note. It's a good thing too since we would have been in quarantine if they had held it when originally scheduled. They held as least 2 Chef's Table on that cruise. 

This is our first Chef's Table, and according to the excursion website, it is sold out.  How many guests are usually on hand?

50 minutes ago, capsplace said:

This is our first Chef's Table, and according to the excursion website, it is sold out.  How many guests are usually on hand?

Usually, it's been 8 people. This last time, it was 7

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 6:35 PM, Guppy99 said:

I have booked this on my last 4 cruises, and in each case they have been canceled as the cruise approached.

We have had the same experience 2X.     Decided not to try again.    As you all know the Chef's Market tours are very expensive and in our case they cancelled it on the last port day which left us little time to spend the NR once they got it credited back to our account.

We actually started using it even before it was credited back as they later apply it to NR first.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

We have had the same experience 2X.     Decided not to try again.    As you all know the Chef's Market tours are very expensive and in our case they cancelled it on the last port day which left us little time to spend the NR once they got it credited back to our account.

We actually started using it even before it was credited back as they later apply it to NR first.

Are you talking about the Chef's Table or the Chef's Market?

Hopefully, the Chef's Table we have booked will happen.  Yes, I'm referring to the Chef's Table, not the Market Experience (which we have done in Naples/Sorrento/Positano...and it was magnificent, but that's another story....). 🙂

Curious if anyone that’s done the Chefs Table recently could provide some insight on the menu.

’French Inspired’ seems vague, and while I’m not picky, would not enjoy foie gras or anything heavily sauced.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, cruisetexas said:

Curious if anyone that’s done the Chefs Table recently could provide some insight on the menu.

’French Inspired’ seems vague, and while I’m not picky, would not enjoy foie gras or anything heavily sauced.

Thanks!

chefs table.jpeg

daniel-new-york-ny-food-7.jpg

PXL_20221016_233851677.jpg

PXL_20221017_000809326.jpg

PXL_20221017_003244353.jpg

PXL_20221017_013411861.jpg

• Like 2

Hi.  We're doing a TA on Ascent next year and we have Le Voyage booked but thinking we should also try Chef's Table.

Question, I am Elite +, there has been mention of a discount for loyalty but wondering if I should book it now then adjust when onboard?

And does anyone have any input on Le Voyage itself?

Thanks!